Comforting.

I Think I Saw Love

 

C H A P T E R 5: Comforting.

 

“Can I ask you something?” Jonghyun asked as he was sitting in Kibum’s room for the third day in a row, again with his guitar in his lap as well as a bunch of paper filled with lyrics that he had been trying to work at. – It failed quite miserably nonetheless, since he lost his concentration every time the younger one of them as much as moved.

Kibum nodded slightly, making Jonghyun smile to some extent by his action. It was quiet surprising how much a person who couldn’t see used his body language and just expected the other to see it. “You aren’t from around here, are you?”

Jonghyun watched as the boy’s face all of a sudden turned emotionless, as if he just reminded him of something awful he didn’t wanted to remember. “N—No, I am not,” he answered however, and it wasn’t unavoidably to notice the sadness in his voice.

“Then…” Jonghyun started and stopped, not really knowing how to continue in an appropriately way, even though he by now had a lot of question he wanted to ask. “Do you want to talk about it?” He eventually asked while he positioned his guitar against the wall, placed his sheets on an empty desk and stood up, just to place himself onto the bed beside the startled boy.

“I am from Daegu,” Kibum started out as the simplest answer.

“Wow, Daegu. Then what are you doing in Seoul?” Kibum let a sob leave his lips by the spoken matter; shocking Jonghyun a little who unconsciously positioned his left arm around Kibum’s waist and caring pressed their bodies together for a hug, as for showing the younger that he was there for him – and well, on top of that, Jonghyun was a really big fan of skinship. “Kibum, I don’t want to force you to answer, if you aren’t comfortable with it.”

Kibum stayed silence for a few moments as he sobbed but finally shook his head and opened his mouth to speak: “I was on a trip with my… p—parents,” he muttered and turned his head to hide it in Jonghyun shoulder as tears threatened to fall.

“So, so,” Jonghyun tried to comfort him and caressed his back gently and tired to ignore the strange feeling that had started to produce in his stomach by Kibum’s cute action as he actually nuzzled into his embrace while sobbing and wetting his shirt and… and… Oh God, it all sounded like stuff from a fluffy love movie, – which definitely wasn’t the case here, of course not, they were just friends.

“A—And then there was this truck coming towards us in a swing… and… y—yeah, the last thing I remember was that I woke up and then I was laying here,” his breathe hitched, due to all the sobs, as he explained. “It was a terrible feeling to wake up just to notice that everything was black, while ones leg hurt like hell since it apparently had been stuck.”  

Jonghyun kept on with caressing the younger’s back as he thoughtfully stared into the space. “Man, I am really sorry to hear that. I—I wish I could do something to make it all better, instead of just sitting here being able to do nothing.”

*

“…B—But you already did something,” Kibum stated after some minutes of silence, where he had been clutching onto Jonghyun shirt, feeling his firm clothes chest against his hands and just enjoyed the way the other his back gently, as it was the most comment thing to do to a person you barely had known for a week, while filling his nose with the delightful scent of sweets once again.

“… I did?” Jonghyun asked surprised, making Kibum nod. “When?”

Kibum felt himself blush as he remembered back to the day he met, causing him to bury his head into Jonghyun’s shoulder again in a try to hide it. “The very first day when I heard your voice from inside my room, it was a very big turning point for my life,” – because I actually was about to take my own life.

“…Right, my clothes was filled with blood that day,” Jonghyun expressed without sensation, making Kibum pull back in pure surprise. Did he know? “But, I won’t ask if you don’t want to answer,” he then added and pulled Kibum back into his embrace.

Kibum sniffled and make it himself cozy against Jonghyun’s body, now that the boy frankly had invited him to it. “Thank you… hyung.”

“Don’t mention it, I am your hyung after all, you can tell me everything and I will gladly be listening,” Jonghyun answered with the honestly voice of his, making Kibum beam and close his eyes, as he felt his body being overwhelmed by a sudden drowsiness – probably because of crying.

Just before he fell asleep, the last thing that hit his thought, if it wasn’t quite obviously already, was: I might be blind, but I think I saw love.