Guitar playing.

I Think I Saw Love

 

C H A P T E R 4: Guitar playing.

 

“Mr. Kim, I am sorry to say this, but…” Jonghyun frowned and moved his attention from his guitar in his lap, to the doctor who just had appeared in his doorway with a seriously expression written all over his face. “…I am afraid you won’t be able to play in your room anymore.”

“Oh,” Jonghyun muttered and sighed in relief. In a split second he had just thought it was something really seriously – not that his guitar playing wasn’t important for him, but it wasn’t like it was a bigger problem. “How comes, if I may ask?”

“We’re getting a new patient who is going to stay in this room with you, he had a seriously concussion and it seems like he have gotten sensitive to high noises,” the doctor explained him sternly. “So if you could be so friendly, we would beg you to find another place to go and play, if you don’t mind.”

“No, of course not, I will just go and find another place,” Jonghyun answered with a little forged smile, even thought he actually wanted to come with a stupid remark like: ‘Well, if that’s the case then it indeed sounds as a good conclusion to room him with a singer.’ – But he kept it in himself. Besides, he had a pretty good idea about where to go.

* * *

As Kibum wheeled into his room later that day, after a long meeting with one of the doctors and a psychologist, it was to be met with a stunning sound that made him stop in his track and to think that he had entered the wrong room. He shivered as he once again felt like his heart was about to jump out of his chest, just by listening to the beautifully voice that filled his breathing space in this exact moment. – His joy was short, however, as the music stopped (as soon as the older had noticed Kibum had entered the room).

“Hi Kibum,” Jonghyun’s happy voice echoed in his ears. “I was starting to wonder where you went.”

“J—Jonghyun?” Kibum asked surprised. “What are you doing here?”

As answer he heard some few accords being played at the guitar followed by Jonghyun asking: “Do you mind?” In an adorable way, that almost sounded like he was begging him to accept the fact that he was staying there. Not that Jonghyun actually had to beg for it, since Kibum gladly would agree as long as he got to hang out with the older boy.

Kibum wheeled over to his bed as he shook his head no, expecting that Jonghyun would see. “No I don’t mind at all, just keep on; I really like to listen to it.” Kibum smiled. “If you don’t mind of course,” he then added quickly and made a motion to stand up and move to his bed.

*

 “Of course I don’t mind,” Jonghyun replied as he watched the younger boy from the stool he was seated one just beside his bed. “Do you need help with that?” He asked, placed his guitar against the wall beside him and stood up ready to help before Kibum even got the chance to answer, since he was pretty sure he would get rejected if he gave him the option. He then eventually swung one of his arms around the younger’s petite waist and helped him with support as Kibum stood up for a second and sat down again on his bed.

“Thank you,” Kibum sighed, his cheek turning a faint red while he made himself cozy in the bed, which Jonghyun simply decided to ignore and made his way around the bed once again to sit down at his previous place. “So are you going to play for me now?”

Jonghyun laughed and grapped his guitar. “Only if you let me come in here and play every time I want to,” he offered along with he started to play small nothings.

“O—Of course you can. You’re always welcome, but… why?” Kibum asked and turned his face towards Jonghyun in a friendly gesture.

Because, I am going to get a roommate today and apparently he is sensitive for high noises and stuff,” Jonghyun whined childish. “So I had to find another place to play and I instantly thought about your room, for some reason.” – A reason he wasn’t quite aware of himself, and now that he was thinking about it, it often was like that when he was around Kibum.

“Wow, then it surely sounds like a good idea to pair you guys up,” Kibum commented ironically.

“Just my thoughts,” Jonghyun answered, somehow ending the topic and started to play for seriously.

Just like that the rest of the afternoon were spend; Jonghyun playing – and in between that singing a bit as well – while Kibum carefully was sitting in his bed and listening to the breathtaking sounds that the other boy created.