I think I saw love.

I Think I Saw Love

 

C H A P T E R 3 9: I think I saw love.

 

“A department... here in Seoul?”

In one end of the couch Jonghyun was sitting with Kibum in his lap; tightening his grip around the younger boy and looking accusingly at his own older sister, as if she suddenly was able to take Kibum away from him.

In the other end of the couch Songdam was sitting looking at her younger brother, nodding thoughtfully as she was trying to figure what Jonghyun was thinking right now, considering his exaggerated strange behaviors.

“That is what I said, Jonghyun,” Songdam answered. “I mean, you did not actually think that I would offer your boyfriend an intern job in America, or did you eventually think so?”

Jonghyun felt himself clear his throat as he uneasily shifted in the couch, loosening his grip around the younger boy a tad.

“Well… Kibum just told me… and then I just thought… in America…” Jonghyun tried to explain without success, as his voice faded into nothing.

Jonghyun watched as Songdam opened and a loud chuckle instantly filled the living room – the chuckle was sweet and soft nonetheless, and it did definitely not belong to his older sister as he first had expected it to do.

Kibum turned around in his lap with a wide smile settled on his face; he wrapped his arms around Jonghyun and planted a lovable kiss on his nose. His eyes were shining with honesty and his voice was caring as ever, when he finally spoke: “I swear to god – Jonghyun, I would never leave you, even if my own life depended on it.”

 

* * *

 

A soft humming could be heard as Jonghyun slipped into the kitchen, bare feet against the cooling wooden floor.

The humming was replaced by a small gasp, as Jonghyun wrapped his arms around his boyfriend, who had been busy preparing dinner for tonight, and therefore did not notice Jonghyun, as he sneaked into the kitchen.

“Jonghyun!” Kibum gasped.

“Please come back into bed with me, Kibum,” Jonghyun whined cutely and placed butterfly kisses on the love bites which were forming on his shoulder and up his neck. He then smiled satisfied as he felt Kibum shiver by his touch.

Kibum on the other hand, blushed a tad as memories about their previous night popped into his mind.

Taking a deep breath as he gathered his courage, he turned around in the arms of Jonghyun and faced his barely dressed boyfriend, clad in nothing more than a couple of black boxer shorts.

“Not now, Jonghyun!” Kibum spoke and tired to push said boy away from him. “I need to get ready for tonight when your mother and sister come, and you need to take a shower and get dressed!”

Jonghyun sighed and pouted at him then. “But-”

“No buts!” Kibum interrupted, in the meantime trying to strangle a smile; Jonghyun was really cute!

“At least come with me then?” Jonghyun requested, still pouting as he looked at him with a couple of puppy huge eyes.

Kibum just shook his head dismissing and turned around, continuing with whatever he was doing by the kitchen counter, before he got interrupted. “You know, I already showered while you were still dozing off in out bed.”

Jonghyun sighed defeatist, finally giving up on some more quality time with his boyfriend. Instead of he kissed him on his shoulder one last time, before loosening his grip around his waist and backing off. “Okay, I will behave now and go take a shower as the obedient puppy I am.”

The younger boy just laughed at him, and Jonghyun could not prevent a little snicker to leave his mouth either, as he scrunched his nose.

Who would have thought that Kibum would turn out to be so nagging and mother-like? Not that he was complaining – definitely not, no.

“Oh, wait up Jong!” Kibum suddenly burst out, just as Jonghyun had turned around and made his way out the kitchen and towards the bathroom. Jonghyun stopped up and turned around to face Kibum again, this time with a questioning and to some extent curious look.

Kibum dropped his knife and wiped his hands in a towel hanging on one of the cabinets. He then approved Jonghyun, passed him and continued towards the bedroom, mumbling something about: “I have something I have wanted to show you for a long time.”

Jonghyun followed him after a few seconds, not sure if Kibum would return.

They met in the hallway and Kibum almost seemed to blush as they locked eyes – Jonghyun was not sure however. Because of the darkness in the hallway it was hard to notice further details.

“I—” Kibum started, but hesitated as he did not seem to know what to say after all. Instead, he handed Jonghyun the drawing block he had been holding, since he had left the bedroom. “Take a look yourself…”

Jonghyun took it thoughtfully and stepped back into the light of the kitchen, as he was able to get a proper view on the drawing in his hands.

He almost gasped at what he saw however.

Pictures of the day Kibum had gotten his sight back flashed into his mind – how Kibum had looked at his poster with wonder and questioned his tricolored blond hair, which he irrationally had colored brown the day before.

Shaking his head to get rid of his thoughts, Jonghyun looked down on the drawing again.

A tricolored blond-haired boy was strolling down the streets of Seoul.

Wearing a guitar case on his back, as his hands was occupied with a cell phone.

The boy himself did sadly not look up, as he was busy texting his manager.

He did sadly not notice the feline eyes that were looking at him from the distance.

But all this did not matter anymore for Jonghyun, as he read the two sentences scribbled down in the bottom of the drawing.

 

I think I saw love. – Kim Kibum, June 2012

I did. – Kim Kibum, December 2012

 

(But maybe it was scratched out, because it was too cheesy).  

 



 

 

A/N: So, that was it; the end.

I want to thank everybody who have supported me, without you I would never have made it.

So sincerely, thank you guys <3

 

Besides that, if you are interested then please look out for my new Jongkey fanfic;

Scribbles

I hope that I have improved my writing so much, that the chapters will be longer and the writing better and more detailed.

I have been using a lot of my thinking-time on Scribbles, so I have pretty much the whole plot planned already!

 

Anyway, again, thank you!

 ~ Legende ^-^y