See you around!

I Think I Saw Love

C H A P T E R 3: See you around!

 

Kibum hated it when the nurses got the idea that he needed some fresh air. He hated it when they placed him in the wheelchair and lead him outside. He hated it when they would place his wheelchair under the big oak, and he definitely hated it when they didn’t even had time to stay with him and would leave him sitting there, taking care of himself and eventually get bored to death.

And now look at this. There he was sitting once again. Just sitting. What in the world were the nurses expecting him to do anyways? It’s not like he was able to move around, take in the view of the garden or in general anything else.

He didn’t know for how long he had been sitting there. He thought he might had been about to fall into a slumber when he suddenly heard someone by his side and routinely opened his eyes – not that it was for any use as the person actually couldn’t see it because he had a bandage to cover them.

“Hey there,” the person said, making Kibum’s eye wide (again for no use) and his body tense as he recognized the voice from some days earlier. Was it really his shining knight? Kim Jonghyun? Talking to him? The boy he had been thinking about almost nonstop the past two days and just hoped to be lucky enough to meet again?

“Um… Having fun?” The person then asked as it seemed like Kibum wasn’t going to answer his greeting anytime soon. Kibum shook his head, not actually because he was attaining answering the boy like that, but more because he just had lost his mind and wasn’t able to think straight.

He heard the other sigh as he shifted a little. “Your name is Kibum, right?” Just by hearing these five simple words Kibum’s heart was about to jump out of his chest.

Oh my God! Oh my God! He knows my name!

“Y—Yes!” He blurted maybe a little bit to high seeing that he almost was about to fly up from his wheelchair in pure excitement. “A—And you—” “—I’m Jonghyun,” Kibum was cut off due to his idiotic wavering.

“…Yeah, I wanted to say that,” he uttered a little bit disappointed.

*

“…Oh, well,” Jonghyun scratched his neck thoughtfully as he looked at the boy in front of him. Close on, his features were even more gorgeous than it was far away and his voice, damn, his voice was so high-pitching and charming, and the fact that he claimed to know his name made him smile for some odd reason he wasn’t aware of himself.

The funniest thing, however, was that Kibum reacted just like any other girl would have done if she was in his place. I mean, Jonghyun was entirely used to girls to be like that towards him, especially during his gig and mini fan meetings, but the fact that Kibum, a boy, was just like that, thrilled him.

*

“So, w—why are you here?” Kibum asked and nervously moved around in his wheelchair as he felt a quiet Jonghyun stare at him for an uncomfortable long time.

“Oh, you see…” Jonghyun started as he thought a little bit about how to explain it. “I guess you can say I was a little bit clumsy one evening, tripped over a wire and fell of the scene during a gig and I ended up hitting my knee really bad,” he concluded.

“Are you a singer?” He then asked curiously, thinking that it would be the most logical explanation for what he just had been told and the ‘little show’ he performed in front of him the other day.

“Well, I am an amateur singer—,” he stated nonchalant. “—You are sing really great, thought,” Kibum answered honest and almost didn’t let the other finish his sentence. He finally started to loosen a little bit up towards the boy in front of him.  

“Thank you,” Jonghyun said in a tone that sounded really truthfully about his compliment. “I think the doctors were talking about a surgery, but it don’t seems like they actually have time for it right here and now,” he then said willingly to let Kibum know about him – and Kibum was likewise glad that he wanted to share the information with him even thought it wasn’t anything big.

Actually, when he had asked Jonghyun why he was here, he hadn’t meant it ‘here at the hospital’ but more like ‘why are you here, talking to me?’ – But not that he minded that Jonghyun misunderstood his question, and something in what the other just had told him made Kibum wonder… If Jonghyun had a hurt knee, then how was he able to rush after him so fast the other day?

As one subject triggered another, he also started to wonder about how Jonghyun might look like, was he pretty? If he had a beautiful voice wouldn’t it be most common if he wasn’t? Or maybe, he was one of these perfect guys that had everything he desired: The voice, the look, the money, everything he wanted just by pointing at it. – But now he thought about it, Jonghyun didn’t seem like one of these guys, did he now?

Or maybe he was one of these old ert! It was really hard for people like Kibum, blind people, to judge an age just out from a manly voice. For Kibum, Jonghyun could, might as well, be all from 18 till 44, and he wouldn’t be able to know a about it.

“So, how old are you?” Jonghyun asked as just had been standing and reading the other minds (or maybe it was because Kibum had been too deep into his thought again and forgot all about talking). “Just so I know what to address you like,” he then added.

“I am… um…” Kibum hesitated a bit since people always had to fail judge him to being older than he actually was. “S—Seventeen. BUT, I turn 18 just in a little month!” He said with a big pressure at the last sentence, making Jonghyun chuckle.

“Wow, you aren’t even legal then,” Jonghyun stated teasingly and somehow made Kibum feel like he was blushing. “But well, I am your hyung then, since I am 19 years.”

“Kim Kibum, are you ready to go back to your room?” A woman voice suddenly busted in between everything. He figured it was the nurse who finally had decided for picking him up, which just started to annoy him now, due to the fact that everything he got to spend time with Jonghyun, some nurse would always come and disturb him.

“See you around then,” Jonghyun uttered and rapidly made Kibum forget all about his annoyance for 5 seconds ago. – He wanted to see him again. He expected he see him again.

Without answering, neither the nurse nor Jonghyun directly he just nodded with a little beam playing around his lips (a smile which hadn’t been there for a long time lately), and soon enough he found himself moving forwards. 

 

 


 

A/N: Oh my... I hope that Kibum will get his vision back soon (OTL). Do you guys know how hard it is so write from his view when he is blind? It’s really hard not to express myself properly with a lot of face expression and movements that I could imagine Jonghyun would do, but can’t write about because the younger one of them can’t notice them! And, then I am thinking stuff like: Ah, I will just be writing in Jonghyun’s view, but NO, NO, most of the time it just doesn’t seem to fit in as well as Kibum’s does! – xD

So now, I am kind of considering mixing their views together so I don’t have to think so much about it… What do you guys think? (Personally, I don’t think there will be that much different, I only think it’s getting better that way).  

I will be fighting ~

AND COMMENTS ARE STILL LOVED <3

~ Legende ^_^v