The new Kibum.

I Think I Saw Love

C H A P T E R 3 2: The new Kibum.

 

Kibum felt the bandage loosen up around his head and slowly slid down his shoulders.

Everything was still covered in darkness and Kibum almost felt like panicking from pure anxiety, until he heard an encouraging chuckle fill the room. He then felt Jonghyun squeeze his hands in a soothing manner, before he spoke up with a composed voice: “Kibummie, open your eyes already silly.”

That is when he realized himself that his eyes were shut tightly together; afraid to face the new live that was waiting him at the other side.

“Kibum,” Jonghyun tried once again.

“Just shut up and give me a moment, will you please?” Kibum muttered as he little by little started to flutter his lashes open – and what met his eyes were a gorgeous smile and two big chocolate-brown puppy eyes. The boy in front of him was a little bit shorter than himself, but he was muscular, just like Kibum remembered from the few times, they had gotten close to each other.

“J—Jonghyun?” He found himself question insecure and gradually withdrew his hands from the older boy, whose face quickly turned into something, which most likely expressed panic – but as fast as the look of panic had appeared, it disappeared again, when Kibum lifted his hand to the other’s cheek in an adoring manner.

“K—Kibum?” Jonghyun choked out, almost coughing on his own spit out of anxiety.

Kibum moved his hand into the brown locks belonging to Jonghyun, getting a good grip on him as they locked eyes – and just as if they basically were communicating with each other, both boys moved closer until their lips touched.

It was a simple kiss filled with emotions. Jonghyun had soon wrapped his arms around Kibum, while Kibum had let his other hand join the first one in the soft brown hair, forcing their bodies even closer.

Although the kiss had been sudden and out of place, it still felt so right.

“I will just give you some time,” Kibum thought he heard someone say, but he was too engrossed in Jonghyun, to figure out where it came from.

“You—you are pretty, you know that, right?” Kibum stated as they pulled away for air, locking their eyes together again.

Jonghyun breathed out heavily, almost seeming reassured as he smiled.

It was then it dawned to him just how blind he had been – Jonghyun coloring his hair, his wavering and nervousness even though it was Kibum, who was about to get his sight back and not him, which was just what the whole case was about: Jonghyun was been concerned about his look.

“Tell me, have you seriously been concerned about, that I would dislike your look all this time?” Kibum laughed humored and hugged his boyfriend, to tell him that there was nothing to be bothered about any longer.

“I had this dream...” Jonghyun stated and trailed off, returning the hug. “But whatever – I love you, that is all that matter.”

Kibum smiled and tightened the hug, as he felt tears starting to run down his cheek.

Tears of happiness, as he had a hard time believing just how lucky he was in the last end.

* * *

Jonghyun was smiling as him and Kibum left the hospital. It was incredible how much different a sight could do, as Kibum already seemed a lot more energetic than usually (he was probably feeling a lot more secure now that he was able to see again). He was looking around curious; taking in the surroundings of the place he had been living in the last couple of months, but never had gotten the chance to see for himself.

They were heading downtown, where Jonghyun had agreed to meet up with Songdam in some of fashion store, once they had finished at the hospital, when Kibum suddenly stopped up to look at something in a window.

“Is that really you?” Kibum questioned and pointed at the thing in the window.

Jonghyun went over beside him and looked at whatever Kibum was pointing at – just as he thought, was it an advertising poster for his upcoming gigs, which his manager shamelessly had been hanging up around the city.

“Yes it is,” Jonghyun confirmed and smiled as he looked at the silly tricolored hair on the photo.

Kibum looked at it thoughtfully without saying anything. He didn’t even comment on the blond hair and it somehow scared Jonghyun, as the boy just kept staring at the poster, as if he was in some kind of hypnotic state.

“K—Kibum?” He asked puzzled.

“Um,” The mentioned boy turned his face towards Jonghyun with an odd smile. “You are having a gig tonight I see. Can—can I come and see you?” He asked with the same odd smile – making Jonghyun feel that there was something else on the younger’s mind.

Jonghyun beamed up all of sudden. “Sure you can come and see me!” He would love to perform in front of his boyfriend for once.

“Great! Then let us call it a date!” Kibum stated and smiled further, as he took a hold onto his hand and started to drag him away from the poster.

A date?

Jonghyun had thought he already was head over heels for Kibum, but the new and confident Kibum appeared to be so much more perfect.

Just as they rounded the corner though, Kibum turned his head to take a last look at the poster, with the same thoughtfully look on his face.