I love you’s.

I Think I Saw Love

 

C H A P T E R 2 8: I love you’s.

 

“He threw you out?” Taemin asked surprised.

Jonghyun nodded his head casual, since he already had expected this kind of reaction from the beginning. “It obviously came as a big surprise for him, so he probably just needs some time alone to gather his mind, you know.”

“If just Minho would be half as caring a boyfriend than you, then everything would be just perfect,” Taemin sighed out loud and lied down in his bed. Jonghyun felt himself frown by the statement – something was wrong with it.

“What did you just say?” He questioned wary.

Taemin quickly sat up again and turned around in his bed to look at him with a shocked expression. “Not—Nothing. What I mean was that—”

“—Taemin are you hiding something?” Jonghyun cut him off carelessly. There was no other explanation: “Did you remember something?” 

“Even if I did remember, would you force me to tell you?” Jonghyun felt slightly uneasy by the question. Not because he actually would force Taemin to tell him anything at all, but because Taemin seemed so anxious when he asked.  

“No – of course not,” Jonghyun assured him honestly. Besides, he had other important matters to take care of right now – of course Taemin and his well being were important as well, but it was nothing compared to his Kibum.

Taemin grew a smile, as he got up from his bed to approach Jonghyun in his chair and give him a hug. “Thank you appa, I love you.”

“Love you too,” Jonghyun stated with a smile and hugged him as well.

Just then the door into their room was opened and a troubled Kibum poked his head inside. “Jonghyun are you in here – busy cheating on me with our own son?” He was obviously joking, but Jonghyun still felt something sting in his heart by the spoken words, however. Taemin had felt it as well, because he swiftly moved away from his lap and made his way towards the bed once again.

“I’m not cheating on you with anybody.”

Jonghyun got up from his chair and went over to his boyfriend – his legs almost went weak under him when he noticed that Kibum wasn’t wearing any bandage. “Where is your bandage?” He asked and his all of a sudden dry lips while embracing him in his arms.

“They were soaked so I took them off,” Kibum informed and swung his arms around his neck. “Why do you mind?”

“Not at all,” Jonghyun announced and pecked him on the lips, making their foreheads rest against each other. “I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too, so why did you leave?” Kibum questioned and sighed out loud in the progress.

“I had to – are you ready for tonight?” Jonghyun skipped the answer and went straight to the following question.

Kibum hesitated a bit before answering – it was no surprise for Jonghyun however: it was a big and sudden decision to make, but he really hoped that his boyfriend would accept the offer, when he thought about the many hours of hard work and sleepless nights he had been through to gather enough money for the operation.

“Yes.”

* * *

Kibum was woken by a loud buzzing sound – at first he had a hard time figuring out what it was, until a tired groan was heard and someone slowly shifted beside him.

“Hello?” He smiled weakly as he heard Jonghyun’s husky morning voice. What, now? You got to me kidding me? My boyfriend and I have just returned from the hospital – you know that I barely have gotten any sleep for the last two weeks, because I have been busy gathering money for his operation,” Kibum felt a strange feeling spreading in his stomach. “Please just let me rest for this one day.”

This was the reason for his sudden disappearing from the hospital?

“Yes. Thank you.”

This was the reason why he wouldn’t tell him anything?

“Goodbye.”

A loud sigh was heard as Kibum felt Jonghyun shift beside him and he almost jerked when he felt something touch his hand – until he realized that it was Jonghyun, and he eventually let their hands get intertwined.

“Jonghyun,” he muttered weakly.

“Kibum? Are you awake?” At first he sounded a bit surprised, but eventually he just asked: “How are you feeling today?”

“The last thing I remember was that we were standing in the hospital, and that I told you that I was scared,” he kept muttering, finding no strength left in his body to use his full voice. “And that you told me that everything would be all right.”

“And I was right.”

“Is it over?” Kibum questioned, honestly a little bit unsure.

“Listen, you might be a little bit confused right now, since you were pretty wasted yesterday because of the anesthesia – but yes it is over.” Jonghyun assured him. “The only thing left is to return to the hospital in a couple of weeks and get your bandage removed for the last time.”

Kibum felt himself frown by somewhat Jonghyun just had told him.

Return to the hospital?

“Wait, where am I now?” He questioned puzzled.

Jonghyun chuckled sweetly. “At my house of course – you can’t stay at the hospital forever.”

Kibum felt himself grew a big smile.

Was this real?

Was he dreaming?

He had spent so much time in the hospital already, that it almost had turned impossible for him to imagine a life outside the walls.

Jonghyun truly was his knight on the white horse – just as he had been thinking from the first time they met.

His knight wrapped an arm around his wrist and pulled him closer, gladly making Kibum snuggle into his chest.

“Bummie my dear – I love you.”

He started to doubt if his smile possible to grew any wider. Jonghyun sounded so sincerely – not like when he overheard Jonghyun telling Taemin the same sentence in a friendly kind of way.

“I love you too Jonghyun.” 

 



 

A/N: It have been years, haven't it? I feel so bad, but I finally got to update! 

As an apologize I made this chapter cute and fluffy, there will be a bit of drama later on however. 

~ Legende c: