Two weeks.

I Think I Saw Love

C H A P T E R 2 6: Two weeks.

 

Kim Kibum was 18 years old. He had lost his parents in a car accident and after almost one month in coma, he had woken up in an unfamiliar hospital in Seoul and without his sight. His daily day had turned into a living nightmare, too much for him to handle. But then he happened to meet Jonghyun, whom caught his attention and – without knowing it himself – saved his life just with the help of his amazing guitar skills.

He eventually felt in love – with a person who had made it clear for him, that he was straight.

Even though, yesterday, they ended up kissing and declaring their likings towards each other.

But now had his newly found boyfriend left him in the hospital, all alone (he still had Taemin but sad as it was, it was nothing compared to Jonghyun).

It should be obvious; the reason for why he had left – everyone had to leave the hospital sooner or later (but for Kibum it was later than it was sooner).

Kibum trembled as he opened the door – to the room that used to belong to Jonghyun – and slightly stuck his head inside. “Umma!” he heard Taemin squealing at him, from inside the room.

He forced a smile to leave his lips and opened the door a little further to approach Taemin. “Is your appa here anymore?” He asked just to make sure.

There was something hesitating with the way the younger boy answered him. “No, he was released yesterday.” 

* * *

He had promised himself not to cry – why should he in the first place? – Just because Jonghyun had been released, he was still able to visit him, right? But as a week had gone and nothing had happened, no one had visited; he found it harder and harder to keep the tears from leaving his eyes.

When Saturday arrived and Jonghyun’s mom had come for the weekly check up, Kibum just had to ask for his boyfriend – it had to be done.

But when she told him that she hadn’t seen anything to her son since his birthday a week ago, Kibum eventually got enough of it, and he broke down. The uninformed woman in front of him could do nothing but trying to comfort him as he started spilling his tears out.

* * *

Two weeks had now gone.

Kibum had started to question his relationship with Jonghyun.

Had Jonghyun just been playing around with him for the sake of entertaining, while he had been spending his time in the hospital?

Had all they had done together just been one big lie?

Was Kim Jonghyun even real in the first place, or was it just something he had been imagining all along?

Kibum had recently been spending the most of his time in the bed. Only getting up if he had to get something to eat, go to the restroom, take a shower, or if Taemin eventually forced him out of it.

The youngster was able to tell him that Jonghyun certainly had been real, by the way – and every time they was together, Taemin would comfort him, by telling him that he should have some confidence in Jonghyun and that he would return sooner or later, when the time was right.

He had no idea what to think about that, it always seemed like the boy knew something over the ordinary. But Kibum was to worn out to ask him.

Jonghyun would return.

Jonghyun had to return.

Jonghyun, what had he been doing until now, that caused him to be too busy to visit him?

Had he regretted his decision and was afraid to show his face again?

* * *

Waking up from another long night sleep, Kibum yawned tiredly as he turned in his bed for a better laying position. Just as all the other days he felt no desire to leave the bed, seeing no reason for it anyways – because really, what had he to do?

However, something seemed odd this morning.

Taking a deep breath, Kibum also figured out what it was.  

The usually smell of dozens of cleaning materials that always appeared in these kinds of rooms was replaced with a sweet smell, just like…

…Just like entering a candy store.

…It was overwhelming.

…It was…

…It was familiar.

 

 


 

A/N: Short chapter! Well, in his depression state I guess you don't mind, right c: ? And I'll eventually do it longer in the next one for your guys sake.

Trolololo. Jonghyun's sudden disappearing. Taemin's assurance. It will all be solved in the next chapter, so stay turned for more!

 

- Legende ^__^v