Birthday surprise (part 4).

I Think I Saw Love

 

C H A P T E R 2 4: Birthday surprise (part 4).

 

After several weeks of hospital food, it had really been on the right time to finally get something proper to eat – and the breakfast had without doubt, or without any kind of exaggeration whatsoever, been absolute delicious. Jonghyun just had to admit that.

But when that was said; it was still more than just a bit awkward around the dining table. Jonghyun kept stealing looks at the younger boy by his side, which he had been oh–so close to kiss just a moment ago, and whom now was sitting and poking to his breakfast with a fork, while his mother went on and on talking about—what was she even talking about?

When they had finished eating – and Jonghyun’s mother had insisted that she would take care of their dishes for them – the boys went upstairs again to get Kibum out of the hospital outfit and into some suitable clothes.

If Jonghyun had thought it would be easier for him to help Kibum with changing, now that he already had done it once before – then he was so wrong.

He had seriously never thought that it would be that hard to keep his eyes away from the younger’s exposed flawless, milky skin, and he was certainly starting to feel like an old ert, considering that Kibum impossible could have any idea about, how his eyes was glued to his body, ogling at him, from head to toe (and back again).

“How do I look?” Kibum suddenly asked, snapping him out of his thoughts.

“With or without clothes?” Jonghyun blurted out – his mind still not working properly, until now.

“W—What was that?” Kibum questioned, sounding clearly shocked.

“Um, what was what?” Jonghyun answered hurried, trying to defend himself, but eventually failed. “I mean—you know what I mean right?”

Kibum nodded slightly, pursing his lips a little bit as he crooked an eyebrow at him – and he was sure that he just saw a smirk as well. “So?

Jonghyun looked at the clothes Kibum was wearing – his clothes. “You look absolute gorgeous. I almost want to assure that it fits you better than me.”

* * *

As Jonghyun and Kibum left the house, Kibum was more than just a bit relieved. He had started to feel slightly uncomfortable in the elder’s room, constantly getting the almost–kiss into his mind, which so cruelly – but obliviously – had been disturbed by the woman of the house.

The fate wanted that, already in an age of 18, Kibum still hadn’t gotten his first kiss.

Kibum enjoyed his day out, together with Jonghyun, and the latter was being ridiculously adorable.

After a bit of meaningless walking around, Kibum started to feel bad about him sitting in the wheelchair, while Jonghyun had to push him everywhere, and he eventually started to complain. This only resulted in that Jonghyun took a seat in his lap, and started to wheel them both around and down the streets, with an awful fast speed.

At the time they reached the Han River, both boys cracked up, laughing for no specific reason whatsoever.

Once they had finished laughing as the teenagers they in matter of fact was, Kibum felt Jonghyun swift in his lap and somehow managed to face him, and for a second time that day, he felt the hot breathe against his skin, as the other was panting faintly in a try to catch his breath again.

“Hey Kibum?” Jonghyun suddenly spoke up in a straightforward manner.

“Yes?” He asked in a gesture for the elder to continue.

“I was wondering… have you ever had a boyfriend or something before?”

 “No, I haven’t,” Kibum bite his lip down.

“Then – if you never have had a boyfriend before – then how did you figure that you prefer guys over girls?”

“Jonghyun, why are you asking all this, all of a sudden?” He questioned.

“I’m just curious,” the honestly in Jonghyun’s voice was almost scary to Kibum.

 “I don’t really know what to answer you; it has never been a question about why or how, it just happened that I figured it,” he shrugged as an ending.

“So… you fall in love?” Jonghyun guessed – wrong.

“No…” he sighed. “I just noticed that I had more interest in the boys I interfered with, than I had with the girls.”

“Then, you don’t think that it is possible to be interested – or even fall for another person with the same gender – without calling yourself gay?”

Kibum frowned thoughtfully. “Well, love is love, isn’t it? Gender shouldn’t matter.”

“Right, maybe it shouldn’t.”

“So since you brought it up by yourself in the first place,” Kibum started. “Have you ever had a girlfriend?—I mean, I don’t even know why I ask, since you most certainly have.”

“And what makes you think so?” Jonghyun asked chuckling; causing him to breathed out heavily and hit his skin again.

“Are you telling me that you haven’t?” Kibum questioned and crocked an eyebrow upwards.

“No, I’m not telling you that,” Jonghyun admitted, and almost made him jump as a smooth hand started caressing his face. “But it never worked out.”

“How comes?” He asked calmly, leaning into the touch, which was making wonders against his skin.

Truth was that he was dying to get to know, about Jonghyun’s earlier relationships, and now had the latter even brought the topic up for him.

“I don’t know. Either we were too different or too alike—I couldn’t handle it.”

 “Too alike?” Kibum asked. “How is that possible?”

“It was just too much,” Jonghyun responded. “I can’t even explain it for you.”

“Aha, so just to the reference; you broke up with her?” Kibum kept asking.

“You make me sound like the bad guy,” Jonghyun said, and Kibum could only imagine his pouting face. “It was actually a decision we made together. In fact are we really good friends these days.”

“Oh, I see,” he stated – not really knowing what to reply. “So, I guess you don’t have anyone you like at the moment?”

“You guessed wrong,” Jonghyun’s voice turned serious and he removed his hand from his face. “I have one.”

“Oh, you—you have?” He did all to hide his disappointment.

He should have known.

“Yes,” Jonghyun continued in the same serious voice – but just then, Kibum was sure he heard something odd with the tone; making him frown.

“Oh, is she—is she sweet?”

“If you ask like that I won’t be able to reply Bummie.”

“What—” Kibum really wanted to question it, he did, but before he got the change a screeching voice cut him off: “—Jonghyun Oppa!”

Kibum scrunched his face up by the high-pitching and absolute unpleasant voice.

“Oh, hi girls, long time no seen,” Jonghyun voice was casually, and to Kibum’s big surprise, didn’t he make as much as a move to stand up from the somewhat awkward position they was in, in front of the girl—s?

“Oppa, we haven’t seen you in the bar for a long time, where have you been?” A second girl voice approached.

“I’m sorry about that. I have been a little bit busy with something else lately, but I think I eventually will return soon.”

Kibum’s face scrunched further up by these words.

“It is so? That’s great!” The first girl replied, adding an: “Oh!” as she just had noticed Kibum’s presence now.

“And who might your little cute friend be?” The second girl then came up with.

Kibum suddenly felt Jonghyun’s hand on his, squeezing it tightly, and making him jump a bit in surprise. “Oh are you talking about this little cutie?”

“Is it…” one of the girls started, sounding like a light had gone up for her. “Is it your boyfriend, maybe?”

His heart made a flip, and he was just about to open his mouth to protest himself, but Jonghyun caught him in it, answering: “Not yet.”  

 

 


A/N: So this was part 4/5!

Ke. I kind of look forward to next chapter myself, though you guys might have mixed emotions about it. 

What more is there is say for now? Um. I have a lot of plans in my head, and I will try to update as fast as possible! Especially the next chapter! Right. That is.

 

Subscribers and comments are loved as always c: <3

Just saying.

 

~ Legende ^__^v