Birthday surprise (part 2).

I Think I Saw Love

C H A P T E R 2 2: Birthday surprise (part 2).

 

“Because it is your birthday today, and you and I, we are going out – happy birthday Kibum.”

“W—What?!”

Kibum was honestly taken aback by Jonghyun words—going out?—Like leaving the hospital? Was that possible for him to do? Was he allowed to?                                    

He got to be—“You got to be kidding me,” he stated aloud for him to hear, instead of just being thinking it for himself.

“Why do you think that? You don’t want to go out with me?” Jonghyun asked, sounding unsecure and to some extent even hurt – but not in a bad way.

Kibum thoughtfully turned his head downwards, focusing at the soft that Jonghyun let wander over his hand. Of course, he really wanted to spend this – and not to mention every other day – together with Jonghyun, but something was confusing him, and made him think about his decision. He didn’t knew if it was because of Jonghyun’s big likings for skin ship, or if maybe because of his choice of words, but everything he said and did was so easy for Kibum to misunderstand.

“Have you ever considered that your actions and choice of words often can seem to give people the wrong impression of you?” He asked.

“Hm, it has never occurred to me,” Jonghyun answered, and Kibum quickly perceived a hint of sarcasm—but just why?

Kibum sighed and shifted a bit, confused. “Okay whatever then. I would love to go on a date with you,” he declared, changing the topic back again.

Jonghyun chuckled. “A date? Who did ever say it was a date?” He asked teasingly.

“N-No!” Kibum stuttered. “What I meant was—”

“—It’s okay,” Jonghyun cut him off. “If you want it to be a date, then a date it is!” He sounded so sincerely, once again making him blush like crazy.

“But I really didn’t mean to say date!” Kibum screeched, hiding his face in his hands out of pure embarrassment.

Jonghyun jumped off the bed, getting a proper grip onto his hand, before he started dragging off with him, cheerfully assuring: “Don’t worry Bummie, I totally don’t mind if we think of today as a first date.”

*

Few minutes later were the boys standing – or for Kibum; sitting in a wheel chair – at the public parking lot outside the hospital.

Jonghyun’s eyes travelled from his car to the oblivious younger boy.

It had been an easy thing to get him out from the hospital; no one questioned them as they went over to the elevator – seeing that they might as well were going downstairs to get something to eat – but when they reached downstairs and made their way to the exit, some curious nurses eventually started to ask them about, where they were going. Jonghyun had just smiled at them, and replied that they just were going out for some fresh air.

On his way out of the door though, he had snatched a wheel chair in one of the corners, since he figured that it would be easier for Kibum to come around like that, without harming himself to much with the crunches.

“Um, Kibum?” Jonghyun asked carefully, not really knowing how to handle this situation.

“What is it Jonghyun?” The younger said, pursing his lips a tiny bit.

 “Do you have anything against—um—driving? I mean—in a car?” Jonghyun asked, holding his breath as he was afraid to offend the other.

“Huh? What?” Kibum questioned, sounding more than confused, and instantly making Jonghyun regret that he even asked in the first place.

“Um, never mind, I was just wondering since—you know—and then I just wanted to made sure that—” he cut himself off, sighing, knowing that he would achieve noting if he kept tripping over his own tongue like this.

Looking at Kibum again – after have turned his look towards the asphalt for a split moment of time when he failed the most – he noticed the boy smiling, maybe even laughing at him. “It’s okay Jonghyun. It was a really horrible incident, but nonetheless it could have happened for everyone else, who was on the wrong place, the wrong moment.”

Jonghyun looked at Kibum in an amazed surprise.

“Okay, then let us drive, shall we?”

*

Even thought Kibum, more than once, had assured Jonghyun that he was okay with riding a vehicle, he had to admit for himself, that once he was seated in the car, he felt slightly uncomfortable, and he didn’t know if Jonghyun actually was able to feel it, or if he just hadn’t trusted his discernment, but the older was – under every opportunity he got while driving – holding onto his hand, squeezing and it comfortable soothing.

“Where are we even going?” Kibum questioned curious, seeing that Jonghyun hadn’t told him anything about what was going to happen.

“Hm, do you want to get dressed into some proper clothes, or do you intent to keep your hospital outfit on for the whole day?” He asked lighthearted, the questioned pretty much answering itself.

“Some proper clothes sounds fine, thank you for asking,” Kibum answered, mocking the other a bit.

“Okay, we will head home to me as the first place then,” Jonghyun announced, and Kibum almost yelped when he felt the car making a sudden turn.

Wait!

What?

Jonghyun’s place?!

 



 

A/N: *DEEP SIGH* I can't even explain how annoying this is.

I have had three chapters again + I almost have lost 10 subscribers and I don't know how many lovable comments T-T 

It's okay, I will get them back. Hopefully. And I don't hope that this is to confusing for you guys.

I will upload next chapter in 5 hours or so, so please look forwards ~  !

 

SUBS I LOVE YOU AND EVERY SINGLE COMMENTS <3

I almost feel like crying for have lost some of you

~ Legende T-T