Grown Ups

I Think I Saw Love

 

 

C H A P T E R 1 9: Grown Ups.

 

Kibum was sure that curiosity had carried him away, when he had snatched his crutches from his bedside and made his way downstairs to the canteen, with the idea to actuallyeavesdrop on his cousin’s conversation with Jonghyun.

What he hadn’t expected however, was to hear a trembling voice – most likely belonging to Jonghyun, as he explained Kibum’s situation for someone, whom he figured would have to be Jinki, of course.

He felt his knees go weak, as the breathtaking voice spoke up about how ruined he had seemed to be when they had met each other for the first time, how many scars he had noticed up and down his arm when hehadhelpedbathinghim and how he might even would be dead by now, if not he had appeared that day – worst of all was that it was the truth.

“You have done well,” he then heard Jinki conclude after some seconds of silence, followed by an: “Excuse me?” from Jonghyun who sounded rather puzzled by the statement – the rest of the words there was spoken between the two boys were muffled and Kibum couldn’t comprehend any of them, as he suddenly felt like being watched.

“Yes, I do—I really do,” Jonghyun then bluntly answered loud and clear, to something Kibum assumed was an unheard question, he apparently just had been asked about.

What does he reallydo? Kibum wondered and started to feel oh-so insecure as another moment of silence arrived.

A chair was heard against the tiled floor and before he knew what happened any further—before he even get the chance to think things over—he felt two fit arms wrap around his waist, and he eventually dropped his crunches to embrace the other likewise, as the familiar scent reached his nose.

“Jong—Jonghyun, what are you doing?”

“Bummie,” – he felt Jonghyun chuckle against his chest, as the older leaned forward to rest his head at his shoulder – “First time was very convincing, but don’t you think that it’s starting to turn quite obvious?”

“I’m sorry Jonghyun,” he muttered into his neck. “I didn’t know that you cared so much for me though.”

He felt Jonghyun pull away from him, just to clutch onto his hand instead, and drag him off to—somewhere—probably the table Jinki was sitting by. And eventually, he soon found himself seated on a chair by the table, while Jonghyun went back to get his dropped crutches.

“That’s okay Kibum – of course I care about you,” Jonghyun declared in a friendly manner and – out from what Kibum could hear – sat down as well. “Do you want something to eat, now that you are downstairs?”

Kibum, who in fact didn’t knew if he was hungry or not, but was too caught up thinking about Jonghyun and how he always appeared so irresistible, nodded thoughtfully as a dry reply—and regretted it right away, as a rustle of paper, followed by a loud smack was heard against the table, and his cousin most likely shouting, with a panicking voice: “NO!”

“Why not?!” Jonghyun shouted back and the rustle of paper continued between the two of them. 

“It’s mine!”

“You have already eaten two!”

“I haven’t!”

“You have!”

“It’s only one and a half—no, quarter; I haven’t finished the rest of the second yet!”

“Then finish the rest before you start complaining! Don’t tell me that you intent to eat 3 sandwiches?!”

“What if I do?! Go and get your own!”  

“It isn’t for me! It’s for Kibum—JINKI LET GO ALREADY, WILL YOU?!

“FINE!”

“Don’t tell me that you two just fought for a chicken sandwich,” Kibum mumbled and face palmed himself in disbelieve as well as embarrassment. Times like this he was glad he was blind, so he wasn’t able to see all the strange glares, which doubtlessly was directed against them in this moment, due to the two ‘grown ups’ childishoutburst just now.

“I did it all for you Bummie,” Jonghyun stated in a gentle voice, and Kibum could only imagine the smile that was plastered on his face, as the older boy unpacked the sandwich. “Here we go, now, say ahh,” Jonghyun commanded and Kibum could feel how he stuck the sandwich in the face of him.

“N—No, it’s okay Jonghyun, I can eat by myself you know,” Kibum stuttered and tried to snatch the sandwich away from Jonghyun in a cool-acting manner in an attempt to appear normal, and to cover for the fact that his heart was going wild by now.  

He could almost hear the pout that formed onto the others lips. “No, I want to feed you, now open your mouth and take a bite,” Jonghyun whined and he could hear Jinki laugh from somewhere beside him.

Why was Jonghyun doing this to him?– He knew that he had feelings for him; he knew that he liked him like crazy. Was he doing this on purpose? Was he doing this to make fun of him?

Eventually, Kibum complied with a sigh, and opened his mouth to take a bite of the chicken sandwich.

“Does it taste?” Jonghyun asked as he still was chewing.

“It taste like it always does,” He stated when he had swallowed.

“You have some dressing right there,” Jonghyun then commented and for a short – barely-there – moment of time, Kibum felt the latter’s thump run over his lower lip in a swift movement. “Umm, it tastes quite good, this dressing.”

How did he knew—wait—did Jonghyun just like his finger? The same finger which was touching his lips a millisecond ago?

Kibum would have spazzed by now, if it wasn’t because of the fact that before he even got a chance to do so, Jonghyun’s hand landed on top of his and a seriously voice reached his ears as he suddenly spoke up: “Kibum, as a very good friend of mine, there is something I think you shall know.”

Why was he sounding so seriously?

“I am getting my knee surgery the 21th of September – this Wednesday.”

What?

It took a moment for Kibum to understand what it was Jonghyun he was saying between the lines.

Was he leaving him?

 


 

 

A/N: Wow, this chapter... just... wow, it have been hard to write - and in last end, I don't even know what to think about it.

Anyways, I UPDATED, and it took a little bit longer than I had desired, like someone told me yesterday: "Update soon! I have waited forever!" - Or something, and there I was, thinking: "Forever? I updated last week didn't I? --- Oh wait, I didn't.... Fark." 

But now I am curious. What do you guys prefer? short chapters - fast update or long chapters - slow update

I am just curious - just for my reference. 

Meh~heh, forever Meh~heh, I should be doing my assignment write now, instead of being writing random things in my author note.

 

Guys, if you read this, I really love you<3

And your comments, because it's so motivating for me <3

 

~ Legende ^_^v