The shining knight.

I Think I Saw Love

 

C H A P T E R 1: The shining knight.

 

Kim Kibum shuddered and let out a little gasp as he felt the warm substance running against his ice cold skin, down his arm and eventually gathered into a pool of red sticky blood at the beginning of his sleeve, belonging to the plain checkered hospitals outfit, which he currently was wearing.

Suddenly he sobbed and dropped the piece of glass that he until now had been holding onto with the help of his right hand. One sob after another followed suit and in the end he was most likely scrunched together on the floor, while hot tears were streaming down his petite cheeks in a nonstop motion.

This definitely wasn’t what he wished for. What he wished for was a person who would care for him and be there for him when he needed it the most, a person that would save him from his misery, a person like the shining knight at the white horse who would arrive in the last moment and fix everything. But reality wanted him different. He was all alone, his parents were long gone and the few friends he once had, had abandoned him when he needed them most.

The thought about his parents’ fate made him reach out for the glass shard again. He was so tired of everything that all he wanted right now was peace, which slowly caused him to – as he once had gotten the self-made primitive weapon into his hand again – lift his arm and lead it towards his pounding sore pulse.

However, just as he was about to make the final cut, a faint sound caught his attention and made him stop in his action. It wasn’t anything special; actually, it was just a guitar. But escorted by the guitar, there was this angelic voice that made Kibum shiver with interest.

Curiously about the person singing, he totally forgot about whatever it was he was about to do. He got up in an awkwardly position as he dropped the shard and achieved for some crutches he knew would be there somewhere in the narrowed little hospital bathroom he was located in.

Finally standing with the crutches in his hands, he pulled his sleeves down – trying to cover some of all the red bloodstains – and uncertainly managed to find his way out to the hallway.

Blinded he follow the sound, until it somehow succeed him to reach a door which seemed slightly ajar. Kibum rested his head at the doorframe and stood for some few minutes without moving, just listening to the beautiful singing voice that filled his ears with joy and his stomach with small butterflies.

By the short distance he had walked, he judged he was standing by the room just beside his own, which until now had been available.

He was so enchanted that he didn’t even realize when the music stopped and the room turned into an uncomfortable silence – not even a rustle could be heard. It was in that exact moment that Kibum suddenly started to feel like someone was gawking at him, making him feel vulnerable.

Unsecure and restless he shifted a little, turning around, considering to leave, but his thoughts was quickly brought to a halt as he suddenly noticed that his left leg – in between the numb feeling – hurts like the burning hell itself.

“Hey you,” a questioning voice then sounded from inside the room, making Kibum froze at the spot as he once again was hit by another shiver. Not only because that the person had noticed and spoken to him, and he most of all wanted to run into his own room and hide, but also because that this person’s voice was incredible – without any similarity.

Kibum finally decided to prevent himself from the complicated matters and just pretended that he hadn’t heard the other as he kept walking, even thought his leg was protesting like it was a matter about life and dead.

“Hey, seriously! Wait up,” the voice then sounded again, and this time it seemed like it had gotten way closer, compared to the fact that Kibum even had turned his back to it.

Again, he froze and with a surrendering sigh he made a progress to turn around and face him, how ironically it might have sounded in Kibum’s ears since he was as blind as a mole, or even worse. But, yes, he turned around nonetheless – or at least he tried to, because just as he motioned for it, his crutch slipped away and he ended up losing the foothold.

The next thing he knew of was a sweet, sweet scent that filled his nose and aroused his brain.                                  

“Wow. A—Are you okay?” He then heard and realized, by the sound of the other’s voice that… . He wasn’t standing up anymore. In fact he was laying down, and worst of all; on top of this certain someone with the beautiful voice and catching scent of something he most of all wanted to explain as a candy store.

“I—I—I…” Kibum tried to utter and mindlessly placed his hand on the other’s surprisingly fit chest in an awkward failed attempt to get up. “S—Sorry,” he finally got to say, his head pressed against some firm abs, causing the other to laugh.

Great, just great! I am making a totally fool out of myself!

Before another word could be shared between the two of them though, Kibum felt something wrap around his arm and pull him up.

Kim Kibum!

He right away recognized the voice as the manly nurse; Dr. Choi. “What in the world do you think you are doing out here? And even without your wheelchair! You aren’t in the state to be walking around and you know that!”

Soon enough, he found himself in the arms of two other nurses and he didn’t even get the chance to explain before he carefully was lead back to his room.

“And you! Kim Jonghyun! I told you not to put any pressure to your leg!” He heard the doctor keep scolding and turned his head, a little bit interested as the guy’s name was mentioned.

So his name was Kim Jonghyun?

“Oh my dear lord! What did you do to you arm, boy?!” One of the nurses suddenly gasped and made everything return to him as was it a dream; the suicide attempt, the running blood and Jonghyun’s voice that rapidly had distracted him…

… Had saved him, in the last moment – as the shining knight.


 


 

A/N: Hi guys! This is my first Jongkey fanfic, no wait, actually, it's my first shounen ai fanfic too. - But nonetheless, it only means that I will do even more to made this fanfic PERFECT for you, because I am a really, really big Jongkey shipper (well, in generally I am a big SHINee fan - Which mean that soon, Onew, Minho and Taemin will make their appearance too).

Prologue + first chapter is  now posted and I have chapter two written, just laying around and waiting to be uploaded! - And I expect to start at chapter three soon (tonight or tomorrow when I wake up), so I hope you guys like my writings, appreciate it and will support me, because I spent a really lot time of it! - xD 

 

COMMENTS ARE LOVED <3

Ohohoh! And of course I already love you guys, just for subscribing! It means hell a lot for me!

 

~ Legende ^_^v