If...

I Think I Saw Love

C H A P T E R 1 1: If…

 

“Mom.”

The words echoed through his head.

“I promised you that if I got the time, I would go and have a talk with Kibum.”

He felt dizzy. 

“Isn’t that the reality you wanted?”

He felt sick.

The younger boy could no longer avoid the fact that Jonghyun constantly seemed to act different (better explained; as an ) every time he would be talking with any other person than Kibum. – He had first noticed it, with the way he had treated Minho in the cafeteria the first day he had appeared, and now secondly, apparently, his mother. A woman Kibum knew as a sweet and caring person, who worked as a volunteer at the hospital and who would come and check up on him every Saturday around noon.

He hadn’t moved an inch since Jonghyun had started talking; in fact he was still positioned the same way as he was when the older started playing for him a little half hour ago. He didn’t even know how to react as thousands of thoughts rushed through his head and the only answer he could think of, no matter what he questioned himself, was:

He just pities you, Kim Kibum.

“Sweetie, can we just talk outside for a moment?” His thoughts were brought to a halt as he heard Mrs. Kim beaten voice and before Jonghyun got any chance to answer, a clatter was followed and he was sure that he heard a whimper leave Jonghyun’s mouth as the door respectively opened and banged shut in front of him, indicating that they had left the room.

Why was Jonghyun always confusing him like this?

*

“Aw! Mom! It hurts!” Jonghyun whined and caressed his arm after had pulled himself free from his mother’s strong death grip. “What was that for?!”

What was that for?! Are you seriously standing and asking me that right now?” His mother asked challenging. “Don’t you think what you said in there was a little bit harsh?” She continued in same tone and faintly pointed towards the door.

“What are you talking about?” Jonghyun asked hesitating as his eyes went towards the door to detach himself from his mother’s glare. Truth was that he positively knew what she was talking about, but Kibum. Damn. That boy was being so nice and he even liked him and—and Jonghyun just didn’t know how to get along with it.

“Oh, you know exactly what I am—” his mother stopped midsentence with a cautious look. Her previous stern expression changed into a wondering one and as she kept talking, about a whole new topic, it was with a soft and caring voice. “Wait, Jonghyun. Please, don’t misunderstand me now, but… do you perhaps… like Kibum?”

“What?!” Jonghyun shouted taken aback, his eyes widening. He really hadn’t expected this question, not even from his mom. Why does everybody think that there is something between them?

Because there issomething between you, Jonghyun. No, no there isn’t, what are you thinking? A friendship,that’s all.

“N—No I don’t mom! What are you thinking? Kibum is a—” He cut himself off and closed his mouth, looking dumbfounded at his mother: there was no way he would say that he didn’t like the younger one, just because he was a boy. A sweet boy.

“—A what, Jonghyun? A boy?” His mother guessed and raised an eye brown at him. “Listen up, I am not saying that you like him, but if you do… It doesn’t mean that you will have to get married and have kids,” Jonghyun smiled slight by his mother’s words, just like she said at the dinner that time. “But what I am saying is, that if – not that it means you do – but if you like him, I wouldn’t mind at all.”

“But dad would,” Jonghyun blurted, regretting it right away.

His mother just smiled and patted him at the shoulder while saying; “Your dad is an idiot.”

“And still, you got married and ended up having two kids,” Jonghyun added sarcastic.  

“Two wonderful kids, who have learned to stand on their own foots and make their own decisions, no matter what anyone else would think or say about it,” his mother corrected him.

Jonghyun sighed heavily. “Okay, listen, I will talk to him and say I am sorry and I will fix things out with him, but why did you get the idea that I like him?” He questioned and looked somewhat confused at his mother.

“Easy question; you often end up acting regardless in front of people or things you care about.

I do care about Kibum – but does it really mean I like him in that way?      

 


 

A/N: Gawd. Someone should learn to stop teachers' stream of assignments ;-;

But anyways! Here is an update! Wuhu! The ending might be a little bit jfdnædslf, but I felt kind of desperate to get updated again, so, it might not be the most perfect thing ever. 

 

Subscribers and comments are loved <3

I feel exhausted. 

~ Legende ^__^v