Jjongie.

I Think I Saw Love

 

C H A P T E R 9: Jjongie.

 

“Even a blind person, can see love.”

Jonghyun tensed even more by Kibum’s statement and he felt how his stomach gradually curled itself together, suitable for his unpleasant conscience. The younger was once again seated in his lap and crying his lungs out with his head buried into the crook between his neck and shoulder, just like he had done when he was telling about the accident that caused him into his current condition. But for now, could there only be one logically explanation for the shedding tears: he had overheard his conversation with Minho.

“You—you heard, didn’t you?” Jonghyun asked defeated to get his feeling confirmed, although he already was pretty sure about the answer, which just make him feel so much more bad and scared – yes, he was in fact scared for the true meaning behind Kibum’s choice of words.

“O—Of course I did you ,” Kibum mumbled into his neck, causing Jonghyun to shiver once the hot moistly breathe touched his skin in a delightful way. His previously stream of sobs had calmed down and was now replaced with an upsetting voice, which honestly had made Jonghyun smile (and glad that Kibum wasn’t able to see it), since he just loved when the boy would drop the insecure facade and show a little bit of his confident side instead, even thought it mostly happened when he would get annoyed or impatient, which actually, already had happened a small amount of times during the little week Jonghyun had been hospitalized. 

Jonghyun swallowed and gently guided one of his hands from Kibum’s waist, all along his back until it reached his head and nervously started to his soft hair, which sadly enough had gotten a little bit ruined because he always had to wear that stupid bandage cover, and for a second he took himself in wondering how Kibum’s eyes even might would look like. “What do you mean with of course?” Jonghyun then questioned quietly as he once had detached his attention from the beautiful face in front of him. 

“Um… Taemin he got a headache straight after you and Minho had left and then when he lay down to rest, he just fall asleep, so I decided to get a nurse to guide me down to the cafeteria, and then it just happened that I heard you were talking about me,” Kibum explained a little bit timid and with an unemotional voice, while he hazily leaned into Jonghyun’s touch.

“Oh. Listen up Bummie. I am so, so sorry. I really didn’t mean a single word of what I said, okay? I couldn’t care less if you are blind or not, you are still my friend after all,” Jonghyun apologized sincerely as he kept caressing the back of the other’s head.

Kibum sighed as a thoughtfully silence filled the room. “If you didn’t meant it, then why were you saying it in the first place?”

“Because I—I was afraid that—” “—That I actually would like you?” Kibum guessed with a seriously voice, seeing that he had stopped midsentence and his words turned into a bunch of muffled vocabularies. He had finally just composed enough brain capacity to realize that this topic wasn’t about being blind or not, but actually about love.

This time it was Jonghyun’s time to sigh as he hesitated fixed his teeth into his lower lip, biting down hard before gathering enough courage to ask: “Bummie, can I ask you about something?”

“What a stupid question, you already are, aren’t you? Just go on and continue,” Kibum stated, making Jonghyun smile once more.

He swallowed again, still continuing with his previous hand action. “Do—Do you… I mean… are you… are you gay?”

“So what if I am Jonghyun? So what if I really am gay and like you? What different would that make for you? You would disgust me, wouldn’t you? ” The latter’s voice was shaky and Jonghyun could tell that he was about to cry again. Kibum leaned away from him; making a distance between them and causing his arms drop down into the bed, as he no longer had the slender figure near him to embrace.

So it was really true? Kibum liked him? Kim Kibum, a boy, really liked him?

“Kibum, that isn’t true and I seriously hope that you know that. I am sorry that I can’t recall your feeling if that’s the case, but I would still like to be your friend, well, if you wanted me to?” To be honest, Jonghyun couldn’t imagine how it would be if they weren’t friends any longer. He couldn’t imagine how it would be to play guitar without having him as a listener. He couldn’t imagine a day where he wouldn’t get to touch the boy’s skin, which for an unknown reason – at least he wanted it to be unknown – would send sparks through his whole body and make his stomach spin. Which he clearly noticed, didn’t happened when he earlier that day felt Minho’s hands.

*

Kibum’s mind was troubled. He knew that there was no way that Jonghyun would have liked him in the same way he likes him, so he would gladly just accept the friend request. But, how long would it last? As soon as the older boy had gotten his knee surgery, he could return to his own life with no reasons to come and visit him whatsoever.

“… Do… Do you still want to be my friend, Bummie?” Jonghyun asked, sounding insecure as Kibum had been caught in his own mind and hadn’t answered in quite some while now.

Damn it. Might as well enjoy it as long as it is, he finally thought and sniffled slightly before nodding his head. “Y—Yes Jjongie, I would love to,” and few seconds later, he once again felt the familiar feeling of a pair of arms around his waist and a firm chest to nestle his head in.

 



 

A/N: Oh my... Yet another hard chapter to write (and rewrite again) - It's killing me sooner or later - but well, it's worth it, for all my subscribers and people how might haven't subscribed but read it anyways (if there is anyone of these here).

Anyways, this was chapter 9 and since chapter 10 is coming up soon, I might as well tell you guys that Onew is going to appear soon, maybe not next chapter, but when he does! ... Just wait and see.

 

And don't forgot that subscriber and comments are loved and appreciated <3

 

~ Legende ^__^v