Cheat

Anew

"Jongin?" 

He wasn't ready. No, no, no, no, no, not now, he wasn't ready yet. 

"Taemin, don't." He couldn't even look at the boy.

"Don't what? Are you okay?"

"No," Jongin paused before continuing, "I was feeling like already, but then I walked in there and saw you ing cheating on me." He spat the words out. They hung in the air, heavy and unignorable. 

"What?" 

"Don't pretend you're innocent, I saw you with him! Who is he, is he really that much better than I am? How long have you been seeing him? I bet it was the whole time. Was he just a side thing at first, and then you decided to go live with him instead of me?" Jongin laughed bitterly, finally looking up at Taemin.

"I really don't know what's gotten into you lately, Jongin, I don't-"

"You haven't even been around lately! You haven't had any contact with me in two weeks, and now I know why, it's because you're a ing cheater!"

The pure rage in Taemin's eyes startled Jongin. He stood up straighter against the wall, nervous. 

"Do you really think I would do that?" Taemin's voice was dangerously low, and so quiet that Jongin could barely hear it. "You really think so lowly of me that you'd accuse me of something like that, I see. Tell me, Jongin, do I seem at all like the type of person to be disloyal?" 

Jongin swallowed. He didn't know what to think. Taemin didn't seem to actually expect an answer, because he continued,

"Did it maybe occur to you that I might be out with my friends? And that, just maybe, like most other people, I show affection for my friends? I don't know exactly what you saw, but I know for sure that you're dead wrong. Not to mention, all of the people I was in there with are taken."

"How am I supposed to know that any one of them isn't cheating on their partner with you?" 

"Jongin, can you maybe show a little trust in me and the people I'm around? Do you want me to be unfaithful or something? I can't believe you would even think that I, of all people, would cheat." Taemin's voice had risen as he was speaking, and he was nearly yelling now. "Why the hell would you think that? What if you were in this situation with Kyungsoo, huh? Would you accuse him of cheating?" 

"Shut up, would you?" Jongin was just irritated now. Taemin wasn't telling the truth and bringing up something he'd rather not think about, and he just wanted everything to stop. "If you're not going to tell the truth then just don't say anything. I don't want your bull lies." 

And that was when Taemin started to cry. He bent over, crouching on the ground right where he was, hiding his face in his palms. He didn't make a sound, but the way his shoulders shook gave everything away. 

"Why're you crying? Are you about to be honest with me?" The sight in front of him was making him uneasy, despite his irritation and anger, he didn't like the fact that he'd made the other cry.

"Because I'm tired, Jongin. I'm give up. I'm done." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

"I'm going back inside." Taemin stood, swiping at his eyes. Before Jongin could say or do anything more, he'd already disappeared inside the bar, the door swinging behind him. 

"," Jongin spat angrily at nothing in particular. He remained there, standing in front of the bar, for a while, before eventually finding it in himself to go home and get some much-needed rest. 

*****

The next three days were uneventful, Jongin continuing his life of work and sleep, with only a few brief breaks for meals. He threw himself into his job, using it to distract himself from the turbulent turns his life had taken. When he wasn't working, sleeping was his only way of distracting himself. He didn't want to think, he knew it wouldn't help him. 

He heard nothing from Sehun in that short time, much to his ever-growing disappointment, and quite obviously, he had absolutely no sort of contact with Taemin. He wasn't sure what exactly to do about their current situation, he didn't know how to fix it; he didn't even know if it could be fixed. He didn't want to even remember what Taemin had said that night, but it seemed to always remain at the back of his mind, and if he lost focus for even a second, it'd be there, nagging at him. Jongin knew that his boyfriend probably was just out with friends, because the short man had looked rather familiar, and when he allowed himself to slip into his thoughts during dinner one night, he recalled that he'd seen Taemin with that same man the night he confessed his feelings. But still, how should he know Taemin was telling the truth? Could he really trust him? He had started crying outside of the bar, and don't people usually cry when they're guilty or regretting something? Jongin felt that he just couldn't be sure. 

On the night of the third day, just as he was about to go to sleep, Jongin got a text. Considering that he didn't really get many texts unless they were from Taemin or Sehun, he was taken by surprise. He picked his phone up, reading the name shining across the glass screen. It was Taemin. The text was short, it gave an address not too far away from Jongin, followed by the words, 'Please come now, it's important'. 

Although he didn't really want to go, Jongin knew that if Taemin was finally contacting him, it was probably something that he shouldn't just ignore. And so Jongin found himself back in his day clothes, heading out the door at a rather late time for a work night. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N 

Jongin is a dickhead

Another short chapter!!! It's supposed to be though, because what's coming next should really just have it's own chapter, so yeah.. haha

Thanks so much to all my readers and subscribers, that surprise is coming soon, I promise <3 it's just that it goes with some of the upcoming chapters as well so I have to get those written first

Thanks for reading!

-H