Date

Anew

"Come on, Jongin!" Taemin tugged on Jongin's hand, dragging him along the crowded street. 

"Taemin, wait up a second," Jonign called, exasperated. The other boy came to a stop at the inner edge of the sidewalk, standing under the ledge of a storefront. Jongin caught up quickly, standing in front of Taemin, still gripping his hand. 

"You haven't let me out of the house for a week, come on," Taemin whined, eyes shining with excitement. "You're too worried that I'm still sick, I'm fine." 

Jongin let go of Taemin's hand and grabbed the sides of his coat, zipping it up for him. 

"Well at least keep your coat zipped, or you're going to get sick again," he smiled at Taemin. "You make me worry, you know." 

Taemin looked up at Jongin, a faint blush quickly spreading across his pale cheeks. He was simply adorable, and Jongin found himself smiling just a little bigger than before. But then the moment was over, and Taemin had taken Jongin's hand again and was back to dashing around, full of energy after resting for so long, dragging Jongin along behind him.

Jongin couldn't say he minded, however, he enjoyed seeing Taemin so full of life. So he just let Taemin lead the way, watching the boy's joyous expression in awe. He could he couldn't help but to wonder what it was like to be that happy. He couldn't recall a ever feeling like that, at least, not in the past two years. Sorrow and guilt began to form in the corners of his mind, thinking about it, but he pushed them away, not wanting to ruin his good time. He just continued to watch Taemin, focusing on the feeling of the boy's smaller hand inside of his own, the way his graceful smile never left his lips even once, how his eyes were lit with barely contained glee. He was beautiful, and wonderful, and somehow, he was Jongin's. Now that was hard to believe.

"Jongin?" 

The sound of his name took him from his thoughts, and his eyes focused on Taemin's smiling face. 

"Yeah?"

"What're you thinking about?" 

Jongin glanced at his feet, feeling mildly embarrassed. 

"Nothing in particular..." He looked back up at Taemin. 

"Oh? Well you weren't paying very much attention," he giggled, squeezing Jongin's hand. "Anyway, I'm hungry. Do you wanna go get something to eat?" 

"Sure. Do you have anywhere in mind?" 

Taemin smiled wider, nodding quickly, and Jongin thought his heart would burst from all of the emotions suddenly flooding it. Taemin pulled on his hand again, leading him through the city. They stopped in front of a quaint store front with a pale green striped awning overhanging the sidewalk. 

"Here?" Jongin asked, peering through the window. The inside looked inviting, the same pale green stripes on the awning covering the seats of the restaurant. 

"Yeah, you'll like it, trust me." Taemin began pulling Jongin inside, excited at the prospect of food. 

It was only once they were inside that Jongin realized where they were. 

"A pancake house? Really, Taemin?" 

Taemin looked at Jongin with an innocent expression.

"Oh, is that where we are?"

"It's nearly dinnertime..." 

"We can have pancakes for dinner." Taemin busied himself with looking at his menu. 

"But pancakes are a breakfast food, that's weird." Jongin protested.

"It's not that weird. Just try it, you'll like it, I promise." Without looking up, Taemin reached across the table to grab Jongin's hand. He sighed. Secretly, he did want  kind of want pancakes, and plus, how could he say no to Taemin? 

"If you say so." 

*****

"I don't think I can get up." Jongin complained, slouching back in the booth seat. Taemin watched him from the other side of the table, an amused expression on his face. 

"I told you not to eat so much. Guess you should've listened, huh?" 

"Oh shut up," Jongin grumbled. "They were really good, okay?" 

"I know, but unlike you, I at least have the self-control to stop myself from overeating," Taemin was openly laughing at him now, no longer holding himself back. Jongin just rolled his eyes, trying to will the uncomfortable feeling in his stomach away. "I told you you'd like it though. Aren't you glad we came here?" 

"I'd be more glad if I hadn't eaten so much. They make really good pancakes." 

"Then keep in mind for next time to stick with one order," Taemin had his hand over his mouth, trying to hide his smile, but the laughter in his eyes gave him away. 

"If I could move, you'd regret it." Jongin stared the boy down, who in return began to giggle, finding Jongin's state to be absolutely hilarious. 

"We should go, shouldn't we? If we stay here any longer I think you'll become part of that seat." 

"Please don't make me move."

"Come on, you can do it." Taemin got up, walking to Jongin's side. He offered a hand, which Jongin gladly took, pulling himself to his feet. He felt stuffed full, he had no idea how he'd even eaten as much as he did, but if there was one thing he did know, it was that he deeply regretted it.They paid for the food, then headed back outside, a cold wind blasting straight through them the moment they set foot outdoors. 

"Isn't April supposed to be warmer?" Jongin grumbled, pulling his coat tighter around him. Taemin looped his arm through Jongin's, pressing himself against the taller's side. 

"It is still only the beginning of April, though." Taemin was shivering against Jongin. 

"True, and would you zip that up? No wonder you're shivering." Jongin looked down at his boyfriend, stopping to let him zip up his coat. 

"Oops." Taemin looked up at Jongin, smiling softly. His heart fluttered in his chest at the sight, and as soon as Taemin was done, he started walking again, but at a slow, meandering pace. They didn't say anything for a while, just walked in silence around the city as the sky began to turn orange, the sunset staining white clouds shades of pale pink. For once, Jongin felt at ease, unplagued by the many troubles he'd usually be stressing over right around this time of day, when his brain remembered things he would rather not think of. 

Night was almost completely upon them when Taemin broke the silence, the last streaks of sunset orange disappearing into the horizon, giving way to the deep blue of a still-darkening night sky. He huddled even closer to Jongin, resting his head on his boyfriend's shoulder as they walked. 

"This was a good first date." 

Jongin looked down at him in surprise. 

"Is that what this is?" 

"Well, yeah, I guess. It feels like it anyway. Do you want it to be?" 

He thought a moment. 

"Yeah. I suppose it pretty much is a date, it's just not official." 

Taemin nodded against Jongin's shoulder. 

"Were you happy today?" 

Jongin almost stopped walking, surprised by Taemin's question. 

"I was." He answered truthfully, only just now realizing that he was.

"Are you still?"

"Yes." 

Taemin sighed in what Jongin assumed what was either relief or contentment. 

"Good. I'm doing my job right, then." 

Jongin suddenly felt warm, despite the frigid air surrounding them. 

"Taemin?" He asked, feeling an urgent need to tell his boyfriend what he was thinking. 

"Mm?" 

"Thank you." 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N 

Hi! These last two chapters have been short, and have been going up kind of late, sorry :( I've just been really busy these last two weeks, hopefully I'll have more time to write soon, though. 

Oh yeah, and I went to see EXO last week! The concert was SOOOOO good omg :') I just have to say, they're so handsome in real life, and don't get me wrong, they're all great looking, but Jongin is honestly the most beautiful man I've ever seen. He just has this kind of air about him or something, everyone I've talked to that's seen him live says the same thing, he's just got something about him that makes him stand out so much. I don't know how to describe it, to be honest ;;

Anyways, the EXO concert was amazing, if any of you ever get the chance to go see them, definitely do, that was honestly the best concert I've ever been to!

Also I think I've finally given you guys the kind of cute, happy chapter that you've been waiting so patiently for, so I hope you enjoyed it! While I'm afraid I can't tell you that the rest of the chapters will be this happy and fluffy, there will still be happy chapters in the future, so don't worry, this was not the last one, haha! 

Thanks so much to my subscribers and my commenters, this fic would never have gotten anywhere without you all :D 

Thanks for reading! <3

-H