Is it just me?

A Sin You Can't Sweat Out (April 8, 1990 – December 18, 2017)

It’s pretty hard to ignore once you notice it, or Is it just me?
But the way my classmate Kim Kibum is looking at Minho, my best friend, is kind of…Disgusting.
It’s not the normal ‘Hey bro! can we be friends cuz’ u are really cool’ stare. 

It’s more like ‘hey, can I have your number cuz’ I’m in love with you’ stare.

Disgusting for a guy to look that way to another guy. That's what my dad will say. 
Or is it just me? I mean…. It’s obvious, right?

Well, everybody’s different. Whatever, it has nothing to do with me anyway.

“Earth calling for jonghyun? Jonghyun? What about tonight? Helloooo, jonghyun?!”  I shook my head, what? What are they talking about? I looked dumbfounded at Minho. What about tonight? 

“yea-h, Tonight? that’s fine” I said with no interest and having no idea what they were talking about. I was still staring in Kibum’s direction. 

Just like I thought, he was looking (again) at Minho.  To bad, Minho is loved by many girls, he is a star player in our school’s soccer team. Probably every girl already confessed to him. Kibum has no chance at all. 

All of my and minho's friends are in the school's soccer team except for me. I just love music.
I write lyrics and play guitar when they are out playing soccer. 

Kibum’s eyes met mine,  too bad kibum, Minho likes sporty girls to the point that it’s refreshing. From the stare in Kibum’s cat like eyes, I can see an unrequited love.
For a tiny second I felt bad for kibum. Would Minho know?

….Or is it just me?

Am i reading to much into this?

“okay, deal, we are meeting up at 7o’clock, Jonghyun is with me!” Minho grinned.
HUH?! “wh-where are we meeting?” I asked looking back at my friends, totally  clueless.
“Stop staring at that girl and start listing to us!” Minho jokes as he pointed his finger to one of kibum’s friends,  Lee taemin.

“That’s a guy, Minho!” I laughed. I couldn’t blame Minho for thinking that way, even though taemin’s wearing a boy’s uniform. He still looks like a girl with his long hair and female features in his face just like kibum.

“I know, I thought she was pretty, luck isn’t on my side I guess” Minho sighed disappointed. “ oh well, Jonghyun tonight at the school’s soccer field, we are playing a game, the losers are paying for lunch” My eyes widened, a soccer game?! Tonight?

Minho could smell my fear and smirked “you aren’t scared, right Jjong?” I bit my lip and shook my head. “of course not” I lied and he knew. I hated soccer so much. Minho is my best friend, he knows everything about me.

Kibum finally looked away from Minho, finally..

Well while I said ‘it’s whatever to me’ I actually mean, I don’t want to be involved.

Though he seems like a nice person and I’m not trying to be prejudiced,
but he Is watching my best friend and I don’t like it.

Or is it just me?

--

--

“NOOO JJONG,  DON’T TOUCH THE NG BALL!” Minho shouted angry at me across the field .
I was about to pick up the ball and throw it back at the other guy. Why can’t I touch the ball? I don’t know how to play soccer, I don’t know anything about soccer.

It was also raining heavily and it was cold, The field is dirty and now I sound like a nagging old lady.

I picked up the ball and gave it to Onew. Had enough of this.
He takes the ball and stared with big eyes at me “what are you doing?” he asked and laughed totally confused. I shrugged, I don’t know what I was doing?  “WHAT JJONG?! I JUST SAID DONT TOUCH THE BALL WITH YOUR HANDS…JUST FORGET IT, OMG! so useless, why did i invited you anyway?!” Minho was furious, boiling. "I still can hear you Minho" i shouted back.

Onew laughed even harder and throw the ball in the air, this was my chance to disappear from the field. 
No one will notice my absents anyway.

I took shelter inside the school building, there are still students inside the classrooms.

Trying to study for upcoming exams, that’s really 'die hard'. I bought a drink from the vending machine and hide in one of the empty classrooms. I looked outside the window, watching the boys playing soccer.

“She confessed to me” I heard a soft familiar voice coming from outside the classroom.  I looked up, Kibum?
 “and what was your answer?” another guy’s voice? but I couldn’t tell from who.
Kibum was confessed by a girl…
maybe he isn’t gay after all. He couldn’t hear his answer.

“Maybe u should’ve tried going out with her, I mean maybe you’d actually be fine with dating girls”
Oh my god, I don’t want to hear this conversation!
Why discussing that kind of things at school? What if someone else was sitting here, overhearing their conversation and spreading a gay rumor?

“it’s not that I don’t like girls, they.. i just can’t love them. I don’t feel anything, They can't make my heart beating faster” Kibum sighed and laughed “why I’m a such a weirdo” the other guy said something back but I couldn’t hear it.

So it wasn’t just me… Kibum is really gay. Sh*t heard something I wasn’t meant to.

The door opened  “I’ll be back tae, just grabbing my textbook” .

Sh*t.

“ah, you” Kibum said, wondering why I sit all by myself in a dark classroom. “Yeah me, don’t mind me” I could feel some kind of tension or was it just me?  “Why….? No wait, I don’t wanna know what you are doing in an empty classroom after school” kibum said while taking his textbook out of his desk.

I watched him carefully.

He was just like, taemin. Pretty feminine but more like.. just pretty. He was beautiful for a guy now i notice it. More like breath taking, he could get lots of girls. Such a shame...

“I’m hiding” I said.

“Oh, that’s..nice? well, have fun hiding in this dark room, I’m out since i have a life, bye” with that he left the classroom.

It kind of made me smile.

“have fun hiding?” I quote, What a Babo. 

This was the first time we actually ‘talked’ to each other. Even though we are in the same class, we never talk.

But how can i face him tomorrow now I know his secret?

“JJONG YOU! Here you are!!!” I stopped breathing for a tiny second because of Minho’s angry voice “ You s*ck at soccer!”

I laughed “I know….” he frowned "i knew you were bad but not that bad! you pay our lunch, it's because of you we lost"
I giggled "how did you found me?"

Minho shrugged "i followed the smell of your fear, nah,  i just bumped into Kibum in the hallway, he told me you were doing weird things in the dark, haha" he laughed loudly. I felt strange, he talked with kibum? I bit my lip. 
I wanted to tell my best friend that Kibum is in love with him.

But i just couldn't.. 

We’ll see what tomorrow brings....