Chapter 9: Hoseok's on point make-up

My world was shaking (Until you held my hand) [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

The door chimes as he enters the shop. His boots scraping at the old mattress that lay on the floor.

 

Upon hearing him enter a head darting up from behind the counter, a familiar face greeting him

 

“ Oh you’re back” The DJ pats his hair, terribly attempting to fix it. He looks up and waves at the old man behind the counter. “ Been awhile since you visited again”

 

“ Being a senior is a pain, it takes up too much time. It’s hard making music when all you do is making some deadlines.” Namjoon begins to frown setting down his bag on an empty chair.

 

“ Patience child, just one more step on finally getting to do what you love which is music. How are your exams by the way?” 

 

Namjoon tilts a head, smiling softly “ Just finished one the other day. I wont be receiving the results in a week tho. It’s making me nervous as hell”

 

Mister Pops laughs, “ With that brain of yours I doubt it you wont be able to pass.”

 

“ Hope so” Namjoon genuinely smiles; it felt nice that someone was caring for him. Its not like his parents don’t love him, but his parents working overseas which is hard for his part, even if they tell him they do it doesn’t seem enough for him. 

 

So having Mister Pops care for him was enough for him.

 

When he stood there in front of the CD shelves, he lifts a finger running it on the smooth surface of the cases. “Any new arrival you can show me Pops?” he asks craning his head at the old man.

 

The old manager gives smiles while shaking a head in amusement, gesturing for the young DJ to come closer.

 

And he does, Namjoon shakes off his jacket and placing it beside the coat rack located near the counter. Namjoon leans in the counter getting overly exited of what the old man has for him.

 

 “ I’ll just fetch it for you Kiddo” The old man says before disappearing inside the restricted area.

 

 

The boy lets the calming ambiance enter his ears. He scans the small store, his eyes landing on every cd, instruments and gadgets that’s been sprawl around. It wasn’t a known shop but certainly it held great and different type of music. This is where he gets his inspiration on making his own beats and rhythm. The old man, Mister pops, was the owner and manager of the small store.

 

Just like Namjoon the old man held the same level of interest towards music, making them click in their first encounter. Where he stumbles this lil store months ago when he caught up into a huge rainfall. He needed to shelter his books when he entered this store by accident.

 

He was glad that he did. This place was like his third home, the school being his second. 

 

 

The door chimes, breaking his train of thoughts and shifted his eyes at the door’s direction. He almost tripped on his feet when his eyes landed on a very pretty face. He was like an angel, tall, lean, plump lips and soft strawberry blonde hair. But what caught his attention the most was the uniform the guy was wearing. It was the university, which he badly wants to pass, and which he took an exam in. So he was guessing that this stranger was a communication art major. Maybe liberal arts, theatre or even a major in music.

 

 

“ Excuse me…” oh dear god even his voice was pretty. “ Is the store owner here?”

 

Namjoon slowly nods, clearing a throat “ Yeah, Pops just went to get something. Feel free to take a look around while you wait ”

 

But then the image of him being an angel shattered when a scowl emerges from that angel face. “  Can’t you get the owner now? I’m in a bit of a rush”

 

“ Obviously I cant “ He shots back “ Its not gonna kill you if you wait”

 

The angel rolls his eyes, crossing his arms “ Fine but does this place have a decent chair or something? You can’t really expect me to stand up while I wait”

 

Okay now he was acting like a brat “ Sorry the only decent seat here is taken by my bag”

 

“ Then remove it and let me sit”

 

“ Why should I?”

 

“ Why not?”

 

“ Because the seat is taken by me”

 

“ You’re way over there and the seat is here” The stranger retorts “ Just let me sit so we could be done with this”

 

Namjoon clicks in defeat, turning his way to the direction of his bag where the stranger was watching with bright eyes. Never, judge a book by its cover.

 

The stranger hums in satisfaction and took the seat in a heartbeat.

 

The DJ slings the strap of his bag and goes back to the counter. He pulls out a couple of note sheets and his headphones, plugging it in his phone and begin to scribble some notes. Completely ignoring he stranger which is he starting to get annoyed with.

 

 

He opens an app and begins creating a beat of his own, bobbing his head to the starting beat, noting it down to refrain from forgetting. He was too busy in his own world when he doesn’t notice the stranger peeking through his shoulder.

 

 

“ You write music?”

 

Namjoon hisses in surprise, quickly ripping his headphones off his ears, glaring daggers at the stranger. “ Have you heard of mind-your-own-business? ing hell bruh”

 

“ You write music?”

 

“ Didn’t you hear me? I sai—“

 

“ You write music?”

 

“ What do you even want to accomplish by asking me th—“

 

“ You write music?”

 

“ Can you sh— UGH Fine. Yes. Yes I do”

 

“ Good, when you are asked it is only natural for you to answer the question and not dodge it with unnecessary gibberish”

 

 

Holy who is this kid?  Clearly he was older cause he was practically wearing a university uniform but he’s attitude says otherwise.

 

 

“ Can I?”

 

Namjoon narrows his eyes on him. And now he was acting friendly. They weren’t friends and he doesn’t tend to be “ No, I don’t even know you”

 

“ Okay “ The stranger frowns “ I’m Kim Seokjin, majoring in theatre and arts. Nice to meet you. So now that you know me, can I?”

 

 

This was one persistent brat… regardless of their ; Namjoon can reclaim being the mature one in this conversation. 

 

“ Sorry Seokjin iss, but this is strictly personal. Meaning its something I cant show to people such as yourself”

 

“ And why not? I’m not just anyone you know”

 

“ Do I give a ?”

 

“ You’re rude!”
 

“ You’re a snobby brat”

 

“ Hey! S—ugh I can’t believe I’m talking to a lower class like you in this kind of manner. So unlike me”

 

 

Seokjin turns away, fuming and headed straight to his chair where he sat, sulking. Namjoon could swear that it was the cutest thing he had ever seen. But his eye twitches when he heard lower class, like who does this snobby rich kid thinks he is?

 

Just a couple of minutes passed when the door of the restricted area opened up, the old man stepping out with a case box.

 

“ Finally” Namjoon sighs in relief, fixing his stuff and shoving it inside his bag.

 

Mister Pops places the box case with a smile on his old face. “ These babies have been sitting inside the storage area, it kinda took me long to find it due to the other stuff but good thing that I started labeling stuffs for you Namjoon”

 

He picks up a specific album labeled Wings “ This is new? Wow it has a lot of nice tracks. Are these R and B's?”

 

“ Indeed, the tracks are very meaningful, beautiful and well produced. I think you'll have fun mixing that together. If you listen very closely to their vocals, its very interesting. Especially their falsetos” The old man points out, Namjoon had started rampaging the box looking for more interesting Cd’s when the Old man notices the new face. “ Oh Customer! How can I help you young man?”

 

Seokjin must have been surprised by the sudden attention given. Namjoon rolls his eyes on that “ Oh U-uh I was looking for something. Just wanted to know if you have it he-here”

 

“ May I know what it is?”

 

“ Its just something classic stuff” Seokjin stands up, taking a few steps to the counter. “ I-I have this project… It’s completely out of my major but we were required to do it. It’s like mixing classical with modern music?”

 

“ So this something is someone? Someone who can help you? “

 

“ Y-Yes, do you have any private staff or professional one which I can work with? I’ve been on every music store/shop and even the music tutors and none of them could help me.”  

 

Namjoon was too busy to even listen. After picking up another album, he notices a finger at his face startling him “ This person can help you with that”

 

“ W-What. Wait what? ”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                    “ So let me get this straight” Yoongi snorts, flashing both of the blushing pairs across the table his cheeky smile “ There was a girl which both of you saw. That flirted us and we flirted back?”

 

Jimin presses his lips into a thin line; glaring at Yoongi across him “ This isn’t funny…”

 

“ It’s not…” Jungkook bursts into a fit of laughter “ It’s ing hilarious!”

 

“ Yah! Stop laughing!” Taehyung pouts, hiding his face with the sleeve of his sweater.

 

“ Its flattering that both of you got jealous tho” Yoongi chuckles, his cheeks getting pink. “ But I don’t see why you two should be jealous when our eyes is already set with a specific someone. Aint that right Kook?”

 

Jungkook had stop laughing and was now looking straight at Taehyung’s eyes “ You got that right hyung”

 

Yoongi frowns breaking his eye contact with Jimin and shots a glare at Jungkook “ seriously I’m seeing a pattern on this kind of friendship you lil punk. Fix your honorifics or I will fix you”

 

“ There is nothing wrong with my honorifics” Jungkook shrugs, standing up and going behind Taehyung. “ Lets get outta here?”

 

“ W-What Bu—“

 

“ Hang on there bud!” Jimin shot up slapping the hand off placed on Taehyung’s shoulder “ You two doucebags haven’t even explained. Okay fine maybe we have jumped into conclusions but explain to us who that girl was. Do you have any idea how a girl could make Taehyung—” Taehyung coughs, glaring at Jimin “ –Us, Insecure?”

 

“ It’s been two whole weeks since Kook and I started avoiding you two, we only returned the actions you two were giving us. We even came to the conclusion of you two rejecting us. But someone here got pissed off to that theory which caused him to go beast mode on the Lee Kid... see how much you two caused by jumping into stupid conclusions? ” Yoongi starts, those words made Jimin and Taehyung flinch in discomfort. Maybe they did deserve it. Jimin and Taehyung were being too selfish. “ But look what it got us. Can’t say if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. However I have a feeling we need to catch up on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter