Chapter 7: Phase

My world was shaking (Until you held my hand) [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    

Taehyung felt like his throat was burning.

 

 

He tried to gasp for air but what welcomed him was a nasty feeling of something being shoved into his mouth.

 

He felt tears streaming down his face, his throat burning from the sensation.

 

Taehyung tried to escape but the chains didn’t allow him.

 

 

“ Hey stay awake kid, we don’t want you dying on us now”

 

 

He could hear a distant cry, a voice that kept calling him. He tried to steady his vision but the pain was unbearable. The eight-year-old Taehyung had enough. He wished he didn’t have that life, he wished that he didn’t have stuck his nose into people’s business. He wishes that he wasn’t even born.

 

 

The rough hand had let go of his cheek making him cough up the foul substance that was forcibly fed him. He wanted to claw the disgusting thing out of his stomach and throat.

 

“ Please! Let him go!” a voice screams even louder, making his head throb. Despite of the situation he was in, the voice was very comforting and warm. And he knew that person would protect him.

 

 

“ Brat mind if I remind you. You two belong to me. What I do to him is none of your business, what I do to you is none of his business. If only your parents didn’t have a huge debt then this shouldn’t even happen, hm?”

 

 

Taehyung hears the voice sob, it was heartbreaking for him to hear that but … for some reason he doesn’t know the reason why. He lifts his head, trying to figure out the figures in front of him.

 

 

“H-hyung..” the sound of his own voice startled him. His voice sounded younger, and lighter making Taehyung cringe at the foreign voice he owned.

 

 

“ T-Tae… Oh my god. Please. Just take me and leave my brother alone. Please take me instead”

 

He heard a sneer coming in front of him “ And let this beauty go to waste? Sweetheart, I’ll admit your face is much more able than his, but I like my meat young. Very young”


“ No! Please! Don’t touch him! I’ll do anything!”

 

“ Hah! Then I want you to beg, beg like the little you are!”

 

“ I-I”

 

“Beg on your knees or I’ll do more than touch him”

 

 

Taehyung doesn’t know the reason why but he was sobbing very hard, frantically shaking his head at the blurry direction. He felt like his neck was about to snap if he continues shaking it any further, but the desperation for that person was too much. Taehyung doesn’t know why he was crying nor begging.

 

 

All he remembers is that person’s sad smile, mouthing him ‘Close your eyes Tae’

 

 

It broke his heart when he did, a muffled voice was heard. A like a sharp knife in the heart, stabbing him repeatedly.

 

 

 

 

 

He felt a hand shaking his sleeping form. He wakes up and sees the person, his face still blurry. Taehyung whimpers immediately wrapping his small arms around the latter’s torso. Silently crying.

 

 

“ H-Hyung”

 

“ Tae, get up”

 

 

And he did.

 

 

He felt the strong yet gently fingers holding his hand, leading them thru the long hallway. He clutches at the thin fabric that he was wearing. The only thing heard was their little footsteps along with steady panting. He felt the person’s grip tightening when they had stopped in front of a large door.

 

“ Tae, I want you to run. The moment you go through this door, you just run, run straight to a black car. Someone will be waiting there and he’ll save you.”

 

 

Taehyung doesn’t know but he was crying again. “ N-No. Tae don’t like, Tae stay with h-hyung”

 

 

The person shook his head “ Tae cant stay with hyung, hyung would have to stay here. Promise me you won’t look back, whatever you hear don’t come back. Just run”

 

“ H-hyung!”

 

 

Suddenly before the person could even speak, they heard footsteps coming. Making both of them tremble from fear. But the person reacted quickly. With nimble fingers, he opened the door for him. His face still blurry making it hard for him to see who exactly was the person. 

 

But regardless how blurry the face is, he knows that the person was also crying. Beads of tears straining down the beautiful face that Taehyung could only note.

 

 

“ Tae, I promise. I will find you. But please be a good boy for hyung okay? Hyung will find TaeTae”

 

 

“ p-pinky promise?” lifting up his small pinky, gripping on the door frame. That person lifted up his own small pinky, connecting it with Taehyung’s. Smiling, sealing down the promise with a lock. Taehyung watches as a light came behind the person, illuminating him a bit. And before the door could disconnect their bond forever, that person had the most beautiful smile; it was a smile similar to his own.

 

 

Taehyung didn’t know why, but he did what the person told him. He ran, he knows that something was happening on the other side of the door, hearing the screams and cries, but he kept his promise. He didn’t look back.

 

 

He didn’t look back and continued running. Bursting out of the end. He spotted a black car in front of the large gates. A man dressed in sophistication came out from the car, running towards him, hoisting him up quickly. Taehyung kept crying, gripping on the unknown man who carried him inside the car with speed. The man yells for the driver to go when the main door busted open, revealing the abuser from earlier. The sound of a gunshot was heard when they speeded away. The huge mansion getting smaller and smaller.  

 

 

“ Shh. Its okay now Taehyung. Its okay, you’re safe now” The man soothes.

 

“ Mr. Kim, destination?”

 

“ Home, Richard”

 

“ Where is his brother?”

 

 

Silence.  

 

 

“ Still in that mansion…”

 

“ S-Sir, Bu—“

 

“ There’s nothing else to do for him Richard. That child… insisted I take Taehyung and leave him behind. A clever kid, so let God have mercy on him.”

 

 

Taehyung was too tired to even listen. He was still crying tho, staining the man’s expensive suit. He saw the man looking down on him, wiping the tears on his face with his thumb.

 

“ I think the young master would be pleased to know that he’ll be having a younger brother from now on”

 

The man hums, cradling his small figure in his strong arms.  

 

 

“ Welcome Kim Taehyung, my son”

 

 

 

 

 

            “ Taehyung, Taehyung? Taehyung!” He jolts at the sudden voice, making him scream. Taehyung was panting really hard, clutching at his sheets tightly. Looking around for any sigh of danger.

 

“ Taehyung! Its me!” He snaps his head only to see a concerned Jimin sitting at the edge of his bed. He relaxes a bit, putting a hand over his heaving chest. He felt his heart beating notoriously under the weight of his hand pressed in his chest. His eyes soften noting the messy hair that Jimin had. He looks at their window, squinting his eyes only to see that it was still night out.

 

“ J-Jimin…” He chokes out, his voice back to its teenage self. “ Sorry, did I wake you up?”

 

 

“ You were crying and screaming in your sleep Tae. I was worried” Jimin cries, his glassy eyes looking straight at him. “ You wouldn’t stop… I tried shaking you but you wouldn’t wake up”

 

“ S-sorry, just had a nightmare about bunnies getting killed…” he lies. “ I’m fine…”

 

 

“ No, your not. You’re having it again aren’t you? Tae it was only a nightmare and nothing else. Did you drink your medications? It’ll only make your condition worst. Seokjin hyung specifically said to drink it to avoid getting those horrid –“

 

“ Jimin” Taehyung cuts in, giving a hard look at his bestfriend “ never utter that name let alone call him hyung, he is not my hyung. He is never my hyung”

 

“ Tae, Seokjin is your hyung…”

 

“ He is not”

 

He didn’t mean to raise his voice at his concerned friend. But hearing that name would always trigger him. He doesn’t know why but he never sees and treated that person his hyung, cause it didn’t feel right for that person to even have the title. It was only a nightmare but for some reason it felt more than a nightmare. And that person inside his dream was someone.

 

 

Seeing the hurt flashing on Jimin’s face made him choke on his own words, sighing as well as shaking his head. “ I’m sorry Jimin. Just… I—“

 

“ Its okay Tae, I get it. And I want you to know that I’m here for you no matter what” 

 

 

Taehyung felt bad, he was confused of his own life. His entire life. He knows that there was nothing to be confused and worry about; he had a family, friends, loved ones but that certain person in his dreams would keep popping out.

 

 

 

His own family and Jimin would always say that it was only a dream and that it was just something the mind had made for him.

 

 

But…

 

He knows that person was—

 

 

“ Ah!” Taehyung screams, his hands instantly pressing hard on both sides of his head. A throbbing sensation kicking in.

 

Why now? Why?

 

He hears Jimin panicking from the background, holding both his shoulder trying to straighten his posture. Taehyung was beginning to breathe abnormally, his heartbeat beating dangerously fast, beads of sweat covering his forehead. His vision starting to get blurry with the pain and tears. He was having another attack.

 

 

And the last thing he remembers was the tear on Jimin’s face as he mouths on Taehyung’s name.

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Taehyung was awoken by a cold dab on his forehead. His eyes fluttering open. Taehyung’s vision adjusting at the light that harshly greeted him. He eyes the cloth right above his face, following the length stopping at Jimin’s relief face.

 

“ Thank god, you’re awake” Jimin breathes out. “ Faint like that again, I’m phoning your hubby”

 

Taehyung breaks into a smile, quickly pushing himself up and engulfing his bestfriend into a tight hug “ Thank you Jimothy…”

 

“ Oh my god, you’re thanking me? That’s gross! You’re gross! You’re weird! Let me go.”

 

“ I’m questioning our friendship you dumb Chi—“

 

 

 

 

 

He hears Jimin sniffs, feeling a pair of hands hugging him back, making Taehyung smile even more “ You ing alien, you made me so ing worried. I almost phoned Jungkook when you started to hyperventilate… what happened”

 

 

Taehyung tenses up, biting his bottom lip. Shaking his head before burying his face at his bestfriend’s neck “ I’m sorry, it’s an alien phase thing. Something a normal being won’t understand. Sorry for worrying you tho..”

 

“ Too late punk” Jimin spoke softly tightening his hold around Taehyung. “ Honestly Tae, you—“

 

But before he could even finish, Taehyung have pulled out from the hug, only to cross his arms across his chest a visible pout forming on his lips. Jimin sighs in defeat, shrugging off and letting the subject go.

 

 

“ Yah, stop pouting, you’re an ugly pouter Taehyung” Jimin narrows, standing up from the edge of the bed. Taehyung’s pout disappeared, smiling at his bestfriend. Jimin might probably know that he wasn’t ready to explain things yet. Jimin respected him and would trust him to the point where he would wait for Tae to be ready.

 

 

Patience is a virtue after all.

 

 

Taehyung groans, trying to kick the sheets off his legs. But with the lack of energy Jimin had to help him get up from the bed with an arm around his waist, Jimin hoisted him up and steadying him from wobbling.

 

 

“ W-wait, what time is it? How long was I out?” Taehyung clears his throat, his eyes squinting at the sunlight peeping thru the window. “ Don’t tell me you skipped school for me? If I fainted I would understand if I’ll wake up alone you know. I don’t want you ruining your education. Chimchim what will your parents say? I’m becoming a bad influence in your mother’s eyes, if I don’t get to eat her cookies again I’m blaming you”

 

 

Jimin shrugs, leading him to the living room. Taehyung yelps when Jimin drops him in the couch “ I couldn’t leave you in that kind of condition Tae. You’re like a brother to me so that’s why I would do things for you cause I know you’ll do the same for me”

 

 

 

Taehyung’s famous boxy smile appears, his heart fluttering from the warm words “ You’re being gross Chim. Too gross”

 

 

“ Nah, actually I just have a soft spot on animals that’s why”

 

“ YAH!”

 

 

 

Taehyung’s ears perks up, hearing their doorbell ringing. He reaches in to grab the remote, turning off the volume while his eyes were glued to the door’s direction. He didn’t want to mute his favorite show but he was the only one present and near the door. Jimin had to grab something in their bedroom causing him to be alone in the living room.

 

 

“ Jiminie! Did you order something?” he yells  

 

 

He hears a chorus of steps, Jimin appearing from one of the corner “ No, why?”

 

“ Someone’s at the door” Taehyung points out using the remote to point. “ Are we expecting someone then?”

 

 

“ Did you check who it was?” Jimin looks at him with a grim face.

 

“ Too lazy to” Taehyung innocently smiles. “ can you get that sweet heart?”

 

Jimin frowns, heading straight at their main door. Taehyung watched as the door open widely revealing a grinning dancer with some chicken take out on hand. Both of them broke into smiles yelling at the intruder’s name. Taehyung was able to jump out of the couch only to hug his hyung along with Jimin.

 

 

“ I feel loved” Hoseok laughs, hugging back at the two. “ So I heard from a certain birdie that my two favorite idiots decided to skip school without even telling me”

 

 

Taehyung was the first to break the embrace, pushing Hoseok off and laughing at his face. “ Aw did Hobi hyung suffered too much in schoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter