Chapter 5: Save me

My world was shaking (Until you held my hand) [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ Hyung liked it”

 

 

Taehyung rose from the couch, his game on pause giving his bestfriend a huge smile “Really?!”

 

    Jimin giggles, nodding “ He said it was good! I can’t believe it Taetae.  He was very happy that I gave it to him. He even invited me out later for dinner!”

 

     He dropped his phone on the floor, his mouth wide open. He immediately jumps off the couch and engulfs his bestfriend into a tight hug. Both of them were giggling like little girls turning round and round. Taehyung was very proud of his bestfriend. He knew how much he liked Yoongi, since the older came to school Jimin had those hearts on his eyes when Yoongi accidentally bumped him. Love at first sight.

 

 

    At first Jimin wasn’t suppose to give the cookies due to their last encounter which made both males deeply shy and would likely avoid them well for Taehyung tho. YoonMin was progressing according to Hoseok while Taekook wasn’t. Taehyung couldn’t help it. He was too withdrawn and confused.  

 

 

Taehyung was the first one to break the embrace “ Holy ! We need to pick a nice attire for you! It’s a date!”

 

“ Yah Kim Taehyung, its not a date. It’s just a friendly dinner” Jimin smiles “ and that’s all. Dinner as friends”

 

 

“ I guess Yoongi-hyung prefers baby steps. Cause if I were him I would jump at you in a blink of an eye” Taehyung laughs. He steps closer taking Jimin’s arm, frowning a bit “ Dear lord my bestfriend of all grown up. Leaving me behind and all”

 

 

“ Insolent fool, you! Give Jungkook the cookies! Yah! You’ve been avoiding Jungkook for way too long”

 

 

Taehyung pouts, rolling his eyes with arms crossed in his chest “ It’s only been just a day, its not that long”

 

 

“ Taehyung, a day is consist of 24 hours, you have been avoiding him for 24 hours. Have a soul my young friend”

 

 

“ I’ll give it to him tomorrow I promise”

 

“ You said the exact same thing yesterday”

 

“ This time I will” Taehyung reassures, picking his phone up from the couch, sticking a tongue at his bestfriend’s direction.

 

 

Jimin rolls his eyes at his bestfriend’s immature behavior and quickly snatches Taehyung’s phone.

 

 

“ Aish what do you think you’re doing Park Jimin?!”

 

Jimin ignored him, tapping on Taehyung’s screen “ you will thank me later” and with that he hands Taehyung’s phone back “ I just registered Jungkook’s number. He earned my trust for now. I am such a glorious person”

 

 

“ That’s debatable” Taehyung snickers before turning his heel, walking towards the kitchen with his phone on hand. His eyes glued to the screen of his phone, smiling as he starts to memorize the number in his head.

 

 

 

 He held the fridges’ handle opening it up and spotting the blue box that have been sitting for a day. He takes it out and opens the lid, the chocolate chips turned obviously cold. Will Jungkook like it? He doesn’t know. He just wants to do something for his savior.

Does Taehyung like Jungkook enough to bake him cookies. It was just some thank you cookies, he shouldn’t care whether if Jungkook will like it or not, at least he bakes him something as appreciation.
 

 

Jimin chuckles as he sees Taehyung debating with himself. Trying to convince himself that he only baked Jungkook as a thank you gift. But Jimin knows that it wasn’t just for that.

 

 

Taehyung might not notice it but people around him already knew.

 

The way he looks at Jungkook was obvious.

 

 

---


“Okay Kim Taehyung, we can do this. Don’t be a chicken “ He tells himself. He had the box in his hands, standing in front of Jungkook’s classroom. Thanks to Yoongi-Hyung’s help he was able to know Jungkook’s schedule. Taehyung did not take a screenshot, he swears.

 

 

He checks his watch and he was right on track. Jungkook’s first class ends at around eleven while his first class already ended before that, so he had spare time on practicing.

 

 

Jimin had escorted him to Jungkook’s room and left him there. Taehyung was scared when Jimin left but he knew that he needed to do this alone and like a man.

 

He squeaks when he saw their professor went out first. And he knows that people would start stepping out. His blood runs cold when each student eyes him with curiosity. He keeps squirming in his spot, his fingers fidgeting the smooth ribbon that covered the lil box.

 

 

Yoongi hyung saw him first. He smiles at him and points his thumb inside. With a playful salute Yoongi had bid him good luck. Taehyung takes a peek inside and sees the person he was looking for. Jungkook was still sitting on the back row, next to the window. The window was slightly opened making Jungkook’s hair flow in the wind.

 

 

 

    Taehyung smiles, even though Jungkook’s class had ended the raven male was still scribbling something on his notebook. The brunette scans the room before entering. Other students who were left inside had their eyes glued on him. But he didn’t spare them a glance; his attention was all in Jungkook as he walks closer.     

 

 

Quietly standing behind Jungkook, he got a clear view of what the later is doing. Jungkook was rewriting the notes adding small side notes for small instructions. His heart was fluttering on how diligent Jungkook was.

 

 

He leans down, pulling Jungkook’s ears up with a laugh. Jungkook jolted up his eyes wide with surprise.  

 

 

“ Sorry, am I disturbing you?” Taehyung says looking at Jungkook’s startled face. But then something hit him; he just touched Jungkook’s ears with no permission “ Oh I’m sorry if I pulled your ears! I’m not a creep! I’m just a clinging person I sw--!”

 

 

Jungkook gives him a smile “ Oh now, you’re talking to me Kim?”  He says closing his notes and pitching his cheeks.

 

 

“ Enlighten me why you kept avoiding me yesterday?” Jungkook says, crossing his arms, tilting his head looking at Taehyung. 

 

 

Taehyung pouts, revealing the box and handing it to him. Jungkook was surprised which made Taehyung’s cheeks flush. “ I made those for you, but! If you don’t want it I c—“

 

Jungkook cuts him with a laugh “ Thank you”

 

 

Taehyung blushes even more; he turns around attempting to hide his flustered face. He could hear the latter behind him laugh.

 

“ Stop laughing! Aish this man!”

 

 

“ Okay! Okay! I’ll stop. God you’re so adorable”

 

 

He swear to god his heart was soaring at the sudden compliment. And No, he wasn’t smiling like an idiot. He wasn’t.

 

 

      He was too busy giggling at himself and did not notice that Jungkook had already fixed his belongings. And he certainly did not notice a figure outside staring at him with an intense gaze. But Jungkook saw it; Soojung had a smug on his face those disgusting eyes drifting to Jungkook’s. 

 

 

Before Taehyung could snap himself into his La la Land, Jungkook tugs him to sit on an empty chair “ I need to talk to someone, stay here for a while? I’ll come back”

 

 

Taehyung was confused at the sudden action but eventually nodded “ Sure, be back okay?”

 

 

Jungkook smiles, leaning down, planting a kiss on his head. Taehyung could only blush. “ I’ll be back in a flash” Jungkook tells him before turning his way to the door.

 

 

Taehyung smiles when Jungkook was out of sight, slowly touching his head, the lingering feeling still there as he giggles.

 

 

 

 

     Jungkook was scanning the hallway, his eyes narrowing at every student he passes by, scowling lowly with every step, his patience getting thinner and thinner. Others would get out of his way making a path for him. Students were feeling the hostile aura he was letting out. Everybody felt so small. Jungkook could be scary at times when he wants to, tho he couldn’t quite match up the aura Yoongi would let out when he was pissed.

 

His eyes piercing everybody who dared to look at him. Soojung that bastard.

 

    He needs to settle things with that bastard. He knew that Soojung harasses Taehyung when he gets the slightest chance to. But that has to end right now, he will not let anything happen to Taehyung until he was still breathing.

 

When he reaches the end of the hall, he opens the exit with frustration. He couldn’t find the monster, where the hell did that pathetic loser went to.

 

His hands tightly gripping on the box Taehyung had given him earlier. He sighs for the last time before turning his body to face the door, pushing it in as he steps inside.


When he came back, his face breaks into a smile. Taehyung was still there, sitting on the spot where he had left him. Taehyung was looking ahead not sparing him a glance. Jungkook thought that maybe the latter hasn’t notices him yet so he decided to surprise him.

 

 

The gap slowly decreasing, he was about to cover those dazed eyes when suddenly the brunette spoke.

 

 

“ Stay away from me Jungkook”

He instantly stopped, his eyes narrowing at his direction. He watches as Taehyung slowly rises from his seat, turning around facing him with a smile.

 

 

“ This is good bye for us Jungkook.”

 

 

Jungkook raises a brow, straightening his composer. “ is this a joke? Cause if it is, I’m seriously gonna tickle you after this Taehyung”

 

 

Taehyung only shook his head “ No, Jeon Jungkook.” He started, lifting a finger pointing at the box in his hands “Those are goodbye cookies. I wanted to make it for us as a thank you for saving me a bunch of times and also a goodbye ones, cause whatever you are thinking that we might become will not happen”



“ Tae, what bull are you sprouting at?”

 

Jungkook was beyond confused of the shift on Taehyung’s mood. He was happy and all smiles earlier when he left then suddenly he was this, silent and serious.


Taehyung was smiling but he knew that smile wasn’t real. It was clouding what he felt right now, and Jungkook will do anything to shift that cloud away from Taehyung’s eyes.


“ Please Jungkook, just leave me alone for now on okay?”

 

“ Tae, you and I know that’s not what you want”

 

“ How would you know what I want Jungkook? Who are you to even enlighten me with something irreverent? To cut this short. I don’t want you near me, ever”

 

 

Jungkook took a step closer, closing the gap between them. Taehyung lets out a whimper folding his hand on his chest. Jungkook wasn’t very happy of Taehyung’s attitude.

 

 

Something happened and he ing hates not knowing what.

 

 

“ Give me a good reason why. But don’t get wrong, after I hear that reason of yours I’ll make sure to change your mind with anyway I can”

 

 

Taehyung lets out a shaky sigh “ want me to give you a reason?” He lifts his head; meeting Jungkook’s eyes “ I hate you. I never once liked your presence”

 

 

“ That can be arrange”

 

 

“ You are not getting me!” Taehyung pushes him making Jungkook stumbled with surprise. Taehyung had just pushed him with great force. “ I don’t need you! I no longer need your protection! I never wanted it in the first place Jungkook! I was just fine until you and Yoongi came along! You made my life even worse that it was. I hate you! I hat—“

 

 

Jungkook had pulled his arms, silencing him with an embrace. Jungkook held him tighter even if Taehyung started to squirm for a release.

 

“ Let me go!” Taehyung sobs, gripping on his shoulders tightly.


“ Hell no Taehyung, I will not do such a thing” Jungkook said, his voice hard and steady. “ You are not making any sense here Taehyung, I don’t get why you’re being this way I thought, I really did th—“

 

“ Then you thought wrong Jungkook” Taehyung’s cold tone cuts him off “ I appreciate your feelings for me but I do not plan on reciprocating them. Admit it you pity me. Well I don’t need your pity nor your empathy. You are nothing but a nuisance to me, is my shaking and trembling that entertaing to you that you. I will let you know that whatever you are, I am not interested. You are merely a spec of dust that I am willing to wipe away” 

 

Taehyung didn’t let him speak, and with all his might he had pushed Jungkook even harder. Jungkook was too shock to even stop Taehyung from running out, leaving him gaping at nothing.

 

 

He slowly picks up the box that he didn’t notice he had let go. Jungkook silently opens it, the cookies were ruined but he didn’t hesitate on popping a piece in his mouth, chewing it slowly, his knees giving up making him hunker down, ruffling on his own hair.

 

 

“ Its salty…” He mumbles.

 

But even still Jungkook loved the salty taste of the cookie, closing his eyes, wanting to wake up fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter