Chapter 3

That Which Begun at the End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CH.THREE[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

“So I see you also go by the name of SeungRi, Mr SeungHyun.” She whispered with a small smirk playing on her lips. “That’s a very interesting piece of information.”

“You again.” He spat disdainfully, chugging the drink down his throat in a hurry. “The more time passes the more I think that you have become my own personal stalker. Are you, Lawyer?”

Her face twisted into a grimace. “How cocky.” She grumbled angrily, stopping her short frame in front of the taller man. “Do you really think that I won’t be able to get all the evidence against you washing money to the bigger companies?”

He stopped, just as she wished, and brought his hand to his forehead. “Look, I’ve told you countless of times already—“

“Yeah, yeah. A small lawyer shouldn’t meddle into other people’s big business. But I’m a dutiful and prideful person and now that I know what you’re doing, I won’t simply stand by, so please turn yourself in.”

“Are you stupid?” he laughed, taking her shoulder and pushing her to the side with just enough force for her to move an inch. “Move. I need to get home.”

She stood quiet for a second, observing his back that was getting further and further away. “Is it because you don’t have any other choice but to give them money?!” she yelled after him and saw him freeze.

Bingo.

"Would you like to elaborate on that so I could actually help you?"

A knock bounced off from the empty walls of JiYong’s office room. “Mr Kwon, there is someone to see you.” The familiar voice of JiYong’s assistant said and seconds later, without any sort of permission, the door opened, revealing two familiar faces. One, of course, belonged to his hot-headed assistant and the other to the Head Doctor of GanJiam Psychiatric Clinic.

“Thank you, JunHoe.” The doctor smiled at the young man and stepping inside the old room he closed the door behind him. “JiYong.” He dipped his head politely, waiting for the same action from the man opposite himself.

“Why are you here, DaeSung?” JiYong asked, feeling tired all of a sudden.

Having his ego deflated at the Kwon’s rudeness, DaeSung coughed into his hand before talking again, “Yesterday, it looked to me like you would reject to help SeulGi, and so I came here to make sure that you will continue to gather the evidence.”

Lifting one perfect eyebrow up, JiYong crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back into his rolling chair. “Is that so?” he asked with a surprised tone of voice. “And how do you plan to do that?”

“Since I know for a fact that she is not guilty.” DaeSung stated bluntly, slowly sitting down into the worn-out couch. “I also have some crucial information on the case, that was so obviously ignored by the police.”

Cracking his knuckles JiYong sat up straight and leaned onto his forearms that were now placed on the table. “And may I ask, Mr Kang, of how you got a hold of such crucial information?”

The question stopped the man in his tracks, making him look as if in deep thought. “I’m not sure I should be the one to tell you this, seeing as you are yet to gain any trust in SeulGi, but I’ve known her for a very long time. She confides everything in me.”

JiYong’s mouth nearly fell open at the news. “I would like you to leave this building and never come back.” He curtly instructed, digging his hand into his pocket and heaving a sigh of relief when he found his handphone in place.

Narrowing his eyes at the suddenly nervous JiYong, DaeSung stood up and bowed to the detective with respect. “I hope you will chose the right decision in this game.” Saying this, the Doctor walked out with an air of dignity and a sense of royalty.

 

Days passed and JiYong was yet to make a call to the police, providing them with a valid reason to get the woman out of the psychiatric clinic and just kill her off already. “.” He cursed quietly under his breath, throwing his phone into the couch and grabbing his coat off the rack in the corner of the office.

“Are you going somewhere, Sire?” the assistant asked, not lifting his head up from the immersing game of solitaire on his computer screen.

“GanJiam.” JiYong answered curtly and stepping into the cold Seoul air he sped-walked to his car.

 

“Mister Kwon, what a surprise to see you here.” SeulGi awed, clapping her hands in fascination. “I thought you’d definitely just feed me to the sharks.” She joked with a wiggle of her eyebrows and a slight jab into thin air from her elbow.

“So I take it the cases of APD and BP

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter