Part Two

Beautiful

Part Two

        “No, no, no, hyung I don’t like the way they key changes right there.”  Yoongi groaned, pausing one of the songs that their producer had written for the next album.  The producers could only do so much, especially since the songs had to go through Min Yoongi first.  Being the perfectionist he was, only about one or two of the songs their writers and producers brought to the group actually got Suga’s approval stamp.  Yoongi tried not to be picky, but sometimes the songs just didn’t cut it.  Either someone wasn’t getting enough lines, the lines , or just the melody itself .  Regardless, Yoongi couldn’t have the group performing these mediocre at best songs the producers set before him.

So, it had been Yoongi’s idea to hire a new producer.  Months before their recent comeback tour, Big Hit Entertainment had agreed to hire another musical producer so they could get some fresh ideas into the mix.  The search had been long and gruelling, with many applicants and demo tapes to weed through, but Yoongi had finally decided on someone who would make the cut.  Because he was hiring a new producer didn’t mean he didn’t enjoy working with the others, no, it was quite the opposite.  However, the same three or four producers had worked on the last five or six albums and Yoongi was ready for something new.  The other boys agreed, but they weren’t entirely sure what to expect.  Especially with how picky Yoongi was.

“This key change was in the other song you liked, Yoongi-ssi.”  One of the producers sighed, tapping his pencil on the sheets of music that contained said song.

“I know, but I don’t want that sound in two different songs.  It’ll start to get repetitive!  Can you try to rewrite that bit?  Other than that I really do like the rest of the song.”  Yoongi made a mark on the paper next to the part he was referring to.  

“I could try.”  The producer sighed.  

Once he had gathered his papers and left Yoongi’s studio, the young idol leaned back in his chair and covered his eyes with his arm.  He let out a dejected groan, lifting his arm to check the time before covering his eyes once more.  The new producer would arrive soon and the rest of the boys would be piling in so they could meet them in just a few minutes.  Yoongi had already decided that they were not meeting in his studio.  His little box away from the world wasn’t about to be disrupted by the six rowdy boys in his group and their new PD.  

Yoongi would have loved to stay cooped up in his dark studio all day, but since there was business to take care of he would have to snag a conference room for them to use for about an hour.  That was never difficult, the company was often empty on the days BTS didn’t have any outside activities.  The employees mostly worked from home on days like this, but the company was crowded beyond belief when the boys were gone.  He assumed it was because they could only take so much of their crazy antics before it got annoying and distracting.  He could understand that much.  Often times he couldn’t handle the ridiculous shenanigans of the others either, but it was easy for him to join in and be goofy right along with them.

With a heavy sigh, Yoongi hauled himself out of his well-worn chair and grabbed his jacket from off of the back.  He switched off his recording equipment and put his computer to sleep.  He pulled on his jacket and slipped out of his studio, turning off the lights as he went.  As Yoongi maneuvered down the hallway and up the stairs, he sent a quick message to group chat, telling them to meet him in a conference room since the new PD would be here any second.  To his surprise, Seokjin was already present when Yoongi opened the door to his chosen room.  The rapper’s eyebrows raised when he saw the older boy but otherwise, his expression remained unchanged.  Seokjin’s nose, however, was buried in his phone.

“What can I say?”  Seokjin didn’t look up from his mobile device when Yoongi entered.  “I’m looking forward to meeting the new recruit.”

“I think you’ll like them.”  Yoongi found a seat at the large table and pulled out his phone to copy Seokjin.

“Oh?”

“I mean, you’d better like them.  It took months to find someone who meets my standards.”  Yoongi huffed.

“Yeah, yeah.  Thank you for all of your hard work, CEO Min.”  Seokjin muttered and a small grin played at the edge of Yoongi’s lips.

“Is he here yet?”  Namjoon poked his head into the conference room and Yoongi shook his head.

“Any minute now.”  Yoongi shoved his phone back in the pocket of his jacket and turned in his chair to look at Namjoon.

“The others were in the practice room when I passed by, so they should be right behind me.”  Namjoon continued, finding his place next to Yoongi.

“Great.  They’ll be all gross and smelly when they meet the new PD.  Awesome.”  Seokjin muttered.

“I don’t think it’ll bother PD Song that much if they’re sweaty.”  Yoongi assured Seokjin, who just shrugged and resumed tapping on his phone.

Almost as if he had spoken of the devil, a loud chattering came from somewhere down the hall.  Taehyung said something that made Hoseok laugh so loud that Yoongi swore the windows shook.  Yoongi grinned as the boys filed into the room and took their seats, conveniently leaving one open chair for the new PD.  Almost as soon as they boys had settled into their seats and the sweat in Jungkook’s hair was beginning to dry, Yoongi’s phone buzzed in his pocket.  When he checked the message, it was from the new PD asking which conference room the boys were in.  He sent her the room number before standing.  Once all the attention was on him, he spoke.

“Producer Song is downstairs right now and will be here in about a minute.  I expect all of you to treat them with the utmost respect.  The team and I worked very hard to find a PD who would write good enough music for us.  When I heard their demo tape, I knew in an instant that I wanted them here to write for us.  I hope you like them just as much as I do.”  Yoongi grinned and the others nodded.  Anyone who Yoongi thought was musically competent was perfect for them.  

A sudden noise filled the ears of the boys and they all turned to face the door.  The satisfying noise of heels clicking on the floor filled the room and echoed through the entire level.  A grin rose onto Yoongi’s lips at the noise.  The six boys who had no idea who was about to walk through that door were holding their breath to the point that the conference room was silent.  The footsteps were getting closer and Jungkook’s throat was getting tighter.  

“Boys, I would like you to meet PD Song.”  Yoongi gestured towards the door and for a moment, nothing happened.

PD Song breezed into the room, heels high and cheeks as red as her coat.  Her long, silky black hair that they had admired only a few weeks earlier was up in a ponytail.  Her smile was as bright as the sun and for a hot second, Jungkook couldn’t look right at her.  Her gaze was on Yoongi and she greeted him brightly.  He offered her his hand and she accepted with no hesitation, just like she’d practiced since the high touch all those weeks ago.  

She turned to face the rest of the room and Jungkook’s mouth fell open.  After admitting to the others that he had a little crush on Ah Reum Noona, he’d thought of her a couple of times.  He achingly tried to remember the way she said his name and he couldn’t remember the sound of her laugh.  He couldn’t remember what what her hand felt like in his.  He couldn’t remember the exact color of her eyes.  However, none of that mattered now that the beautiful girl from the concert was here, at his company, to write music for him.  

“Hello, it’s nice to finally meet you all officially!  My name is Song Ah Reum and I’m the new PD at the company.  Please take care of me!”  She introduced herself before dipping into a deep bow.

“It’s nice to see you again, PD Song.”  Yoongi grinned once she was standing up straight again.  “I told you I’d be looking forward to working with you.”

“I thought you were kidding!”  Ah Reum exclaimed and the pair laughed.  “I never thought that you would have actually listened to my demo tape!”

“I did, and I recognized you at the concert the other day.”  Yoongi shot her a wink and the others were suddenly sitting up straighter than before.  “It was only a matter of time before you came to the company.”  

It’s her again.  Jungkook couldn’t keep his eyes off of her.  

“Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity.  I’ll work hard!”  The beautiful Song Ah Reum was down in another bow and Yoongi was bringing her up by her shoulders.

You earned yourself this opportunity, PD Song.”  Yoongi grinned.  “Say hello to the rest of the boys, too!”

Suddenly, all six of the boys were scrambling to stand and form a line in front of PD Song.  Jungkook tried to fight his way forwards but Taehyung and Jimin kept shoving him to the back of the line.  What the hell?  Ah Reum greeted Namjoon with a smile and he hugged her in response.  The sparkles in her eyes almost looked artificial.  Surely no one’s eyes sparkled like that in real life, right?  Next was Seokjin who was all smiles and warm greetings.  He invited her over for dinner sometime because he just had to cook for her.  The entire line exploded in agreement, PD Song just had to come visit.  The boys wouldn’t shut up until she agreed to come over.  When she finally nodded in agreement, the boys exploded in another cheer.

Hoseok couldn’t help but to lift her in his arms and spin her around.  Sure, they’d only met once but she was one of the only few fans who’s face actually stood out.  It was those eyes, he concluded.  Taehyung crushed her in his arms, lifting her up but not spinning her around.  She was laughing and the smile she gave Taehyung squeezed at Jungkook’s heart.  He suddenly couldn’t wait to be on the receiving end of that glorious smile.  Jimin took her hands and thoroughly checked them for crescent-shaped nail marks.  He was beyond pleased when he saw that there were none and shot her his famous eye-smile.  She smiled right back, assuring him that she had kept their promise.  Jimin pulled her into a hug that lasted slightly longer than it should have.  Maybe it was just time slowing down.

Jimin finally stepped out of the way and Jungkook stepped forwards to face the girl who had been plaguing his thoughts for the past few weeks.  When her gaze landed on him and that smile lit up her face, Jungkook’s face warmed as did the rest of his body.  Being on the receiving end of her smile was just as good as he had hoped it was.  Her eyes were even sparklier up close and Jungkook noticed with a start that they were scanning his red face.  Her smile grew wider when she saw the effect that she had on him and Jungkook realized with a start that her lips had been colored to match the bold red of her coat and high heels.  He thought that he wouldn’t be able to look away, but then she opened to speak and Jungkook just had to watch the sparkles in her eyes.  Though, with her words, his smile faltered once more.

Annyeong, Jungkook-ah!