Second Attempt

Ain't No Easy Heartbreak
Please log in to read the full chapter

No.

It's not easy at all.

As a matter of fact, 'easy' would be the last word Sana uses to describe this feat she has attempted to achieve over the past couple of days.

She is learning the hard way, that breaking up with Myoui Mina is damn near impossible. (And it's not just because she's reluctant to do so!)

Therefore, in order to complete her mission by tonight, Sana has enlisted some help from an old friend who goes by the name of 'Bubble Tea' - otherwise known as taking Mina out on a bubble tea shop tour and getting her 'wasted' just enough to lessen the blow of their upcoming break-up. (Mina doesn't drink alcohol, but bubble tea seems to have an effect on her similar to that of alcohol. She's a bit sensitive to sugar, yes.) Is this considered cowardly? Perhaps. Cheating? Maybe. Underhanded? It could be. But Sana really needs to get this over and done with, and she will do whatever it takes to make this as painless as possible for the both of them. Heck, she even downed a few drinks herself because realistically speaking, there's probably no way she could do it without some 'extra help' either.

Sana steals a glance at her girlfriend, who's beginning to nod off though they've just arrived to this karaoke bar. She took extra care to wear Mina out by dragging her around from place to place and now she looks about one song away from completely passing out. Perfect. There's a chance she might not even remember the terrible gory details if things happen to take a turn for the worse.

"So, which one of us should go first?" Sana asks as she flips through the plastic-encased pages of the songbook. She's not actually searching for any song in particular because she already has one in mind: the perfect break-up song to sing to Mina. Well, she worked out the whole plan in her head and it sounded much better in there. In Sana's head, it's something like a romantic yet tragic gesture that her soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend might appreciate in the haze of her mild hypoglycemia. "You know, I don't mind going first."

"I'll go."

"Okay then, I guess I'll just - wait, what - "

By the time Sana registers Mina's answer, her girlfriend is already standing up and calmly swaying to the beat of 'One in a Million' - their song. When Sana says 'their song', she means that this is the song that was playing when they'd first met, and it was the song that Mina decided to serenade her with when she asked Sana to be her girlfriend. So yeah, it's kind of a big deal between the two of them. Sana both swoons and internally groans.

Mina looks positively alert now, even stepping side-to-side in tune with the music, a stark contrast to the sleepy, curled-up ball she was just a few seconds ago. Sana was pretty certain that she'd hit rock bottom of her sugar crash but when she spots an empty bubble tea container on the table, she knows exactly how Mina managed to re-energize.

Bubble tea. Liquid Pleasure. Sana's dearest friend. Her worst enemy. Her bittersweet frenemy.

"I love you, Minatozaki Sana, and I'm not afraid to express it. I dedicate this song to you." Mina proudly declares right before she proceeds to sing her heart out. Well, there's definitely no way in heck that Sana could break up with Mina right here and right now. So she snatches up her own microphone and supports her girlfriend with some equally enthusiastic background vocals and adlibs. If you can't beat 'em, you join 'em, right?

After their sappy little duet, the couple stuff down platefuls of cheap sushi and scream their lungs out to Sailor Moon and Pororo songs for the remainder of their allotted time. Even though the foul mixture of imitation crab an

Please log in to read the full chapter