The Story Behind

The Day the Sun Died (KaiSoo)

Hello!

So I had said that there was a story behind this work. This is it:

 

The summer of 2016 I participated in a variety of theater workshops in our town that involved mostly improv and creative stimulation. One day, one of my friends showed up and between her, myself, and another participant, we came up with this story in a real roundabout way. We first were given pieces of paper with circles drawn on them; we had to draw over the circles and turn them into something different, and then come up with a story to go with it. (The theater director is also a kindergarten teacher, and works with preschoolers before she works with us...so that's why it may seem a little juvenile.)

One of us came up with the idea of a writer who travelled to different places on Earth, as if they travelled to different dimensions.

Another came up with the idea that the sun and moon were in love with each other, and that the sun had to die every day in order for the moon to rise.

And the last drew a galaxy.

We were then told to combine all of our stories and act it out improvisationally. I portrayed the writer, my friend, the sun, and our acquaintence, the writer's conscience. We all had so much fun with it and it turned out beautifully, especially for have coming together in 45 minutes. Ever since that day I've been dying to actually write the story down (in possibly a fanfiction format), and I had the idea to give the finished written story to my friend for her birthday.

I put off writing it, and then all of a sudden her birthday came up and I was kind of like "oh " and so I sat down and over a course of 24 hours I wrote a 20,000 word 40-page story (it was truly a miracle). This is exactly what I wrote: I never edited it or proof read it before I gave it to her. I actually had to rewrite a good third of it the next day because my writing program glitched and I lost a lot of the writing.

Some of the things that the characters say in this, we actually said in our skit. I personally came up the past stories of Sun and Moon's romance as well as the life of the writer (and a lot of other stuff too ehhh), but the conversations between Sun and the writer were the main theme in our theater play. This was incredibly fun to write I loved it so much ^.^

So yeah. The names 'Jongin' and 'Kyungsoo' aren't actually used a lot because my friend isn't an EXO fan and doesn't recognize those names, but I'm sure this crowd will get the gist of it ;)

 

BlahRikeau