Jealousy Strikes Hard

LEAST EXPECTED LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's 5 am and Dr Moon Chaewon is doing her early morning rounds at the paediatric ward to check on her patients. Inha is her last patient that she needs to check on. She slowly enters the room not to wake anyone up. She sees Yoona and ChangWook sleeping on the couch together. 'they must have been exhausted last night' she thought to himself and she smiles when she sees their sleeping position. ChangWook is hugging Yoona with one of his arm from behind like protecting her not to fall from the couch while her head rest on his other arm. 

InHa fever has gone down a bit and she is stabilized now. She checks on her IV and her temperature. The baby slowly wakes up when she feels someone is touching her. "Hey, you are awake?" InHa is werid to look at the different surrounding and she begins to cry. Chaeeon pats her gently to soothe her "You want your milk?" she showed the milk bottle to her and the little girl nods. She cannot help but smile looking at the gestures, "Let imo feed you, let's not wake your eomma and appa." since she has free time around 30 minutes, she feeds InHa while both of her parents are still sleeping because she doesn't want to wake them up. She cradles InHa in her arms while feeding her until the baby back to sleep. She kiss the baby softly before putting her back in the crib. 

There's a man who has been monitoring the lovely morning scene from behind the room window. He sighs regretfully before making his way leaving the ward. 

                                                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona wake up from her sleep when she heard the sounds of the hospital getting busier in the morning. she is shock when she noticed there's an arm circling around her waist. she knows whose arms it is belongs to hence she is not so alarm. She can feel his hot breath on top of her head and she realized that she has been sleeping on his arm. She rubbed her eyes and try to remember what happened last night. They were talking while having some coffee on the couch. They talk for about one hour or so and she remembered she has become very sleepy. She tried hard to stay awake and not falling asleep first. The last thing she recalled is she almost doze off the couch and ChangWook pulls her and lend his shoulder for her to lean on. 'Ya, Im Yoona, how can you be so careless?' she said to herself while rummaging her hair due to embarassment. 

It's her first time sleeping next to a man and that close but somehow she feels comfortable with it. She thought maybe because he is her husband and they have know each other for  long time. She can feel his chest going up and down  and the way he wrapped his arm around her makes her feel protected and safe. She knows she is not thinking in her right mind nut she kinda likes it to be embrace by him like that. She stays for couple more minutes like that before slowly moving his hand from her body and stand up from the couch. She looks at his sleeping face and smile softly while putting the blanket on him, 'he must be very tired and scared yesterday' she's about to caress his face when suddenly she halts because InHa has just wake up and starts to whine. 

"My baby girl is up." she picked InHa from her cot and hug her. she touches her forehead  to check on her temperature and she let out a relieve when her temperature has gone down. She still has slight fever but not too high. InHa still whining eventhough Yoona try to soothe her. "Shhh..shhh, gwenchana eomma is here."Yoona pats her back gently. InHa cries makes ChangWook wakes up from his sleep and he immediately approaching them. "Is she okay? Is she still having a fever?" Yoona is surprised to hear his voice and turn to him "Oh oppa, you awake? Sorry to wake you up. She's ok but maybe she is abit uncomfortable with the IV drips os she could be hungry also. It's almost her breakfast time now"

ChangWook pats InHa's head gently "Are you hungry, sweetie? You want milk or snacks?" The little girl nods and mumbs "uyu..uyu" ChangWook smiles at her reaction. "Arasso, appa make your milk. I think your breakfast will be serve soon too".

Not long after, ChangWook brings her milk and offers to feed her but Yoona take the bottle from him and insistd to feed InHa herself. "It's ok, let me feed her. Your arm must be numb because I was sleeping on it the whole night. Mihane oppa. I don't realize i fall asleep on your arm." 

ChangWook smirk at her slyly. "Oh ya, no wonder I felt numb on one of my arms this morning." he jokes and glance at her and see her apologetic face. "I'm kidding. You actually fell asleep while sitting up. I let you sleep on my arms because I think it is the most comfortable for you. If I put you at the other end of the couch, I'm afraid that I will kick you off the couch while I was sleeping. I hope you aren't angry with me, i don't meant to take advantage on you. I'm just.."

Yoona cuts him off "Gwenchana. i know." she smiles at him while avoiding his gaze. Suddenly she feels shy and blush to think that they did share a couch last night. 

                                                                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

InHa has been discharged from the hospital for 2 days but she still need to be quarantine at home to wait for her viral fever to heal completely. ChangWook and Yoona has been taking turns to look after her as  they don't want to send her to daycare yet to avoid the other kids being infected. ChangWook gets a lot of missed calls while he is putting InHa for her nap. He checks the number and the missed calls is from his sunbae at work. He dials the number as he feels that must be urgency from work. 

ChangWook : Yeoboseyo, MinJun sunbae?

Minjun : Nae, yeoboseyo Wook-ah

ChangWook : What is it sunbae? I got many of your missed calls. I am off today.

Minjun : Ara, but Na PD is coming to the station to audition VJs for his new variety program. He prefers freelance VJs. I straightaway thought about you when I heard it. I know you'll always wants to work with wellknown PDnim. You shouldn't miss this chance Wook-ah.

ChangWook : Jinjja? When is the audition?

MinJun : This evening starting at 3 pm at the station. Can you come? This is the golden opportunity for you.

ChangWook : I really wanted to but my baby is not well. I can't leave her behind. 

MinJun : This is a good opportunity that you should grab it. Na PD programme seldom goes wrong, you know right.

ChangWook : Yes I know. I see  what I can do.Thanks for informing, sunbae. 

He has been calling her numerous time but it keeps getting to voicemail. He cannot send InHa to daycare as she still got some flu. 'Where are you, Yoona ya. Why aren't you picking up?' he tried again for one last time but it still failed. 'aishhh chinccha' he hissed before calling another number. After few rings, the person on the other line picks up the call.

ChangWook : Yeoboseyo, Jiwon ah.

Jiwon : Nae, sunbaenim.

ChangWook : I'm sorry to disturb your off day. But I seriously need your help. 

JiWon : What is it sunbae. If I can help, I will.

ChangWook : Can you come over to my place and help me to look after InHa. She still has slight flu so I can't send her to daycare. I need to go to the station, Na PD is doing audition to find a VJ for his new variety program. Please help me. I can't reach Yoona. 

JiWon : Ok. Since I don't have any other plans today, I'll come over. Text me your address, I come now. 

ChangWook : Mihane JiWOn ah. I already trouble you and disturb your plan.

JiWOn : Gwenchana sunbaenim. No worries. You always help me before so its my turn to help you. 

ChangWook : Gomawo, JiWon ah. Neomu Neomu gomawo. 

                                                                                                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona just finish her class and is about to go home when suddenly one of her classmate, NaRa come to her. "Yoona-ya are you free after class?" she asked. 

"Yes, why?" 

"Do you know chef Baek JongWon is doing a book signing event at Lotte Mall today?" Nara asked her. 

Yoona look at her friend with eyes widen in surprise "Chincha-ro? You mean the famous chef Baek JongWon?" 

Nara nods and show her a flyer. "It's this evening. I think we shouldn't miss it. He even selling his book on a discount. This is like a rare opportunity Yoona-ya." 

She smile upon looking at the flyer. She always want to meet the chef in person as he is one of her idol in culinary world. She is contemplated at first but suddenly she remembered that today is ChangWook off day, so she need not to worry about InHa. She looks at Nara who is waiting for her answer, "Wait a minute, I need to make a phone call first."

She sighs upon looking at her phone which is out of battery. 'Why must it went dead when I urgently need it' she mutters to herself. Nara look at her and she can tell that her phone isn't working. "Do you want to use my handphone?" she offers her phone to Yoona. Yoona smiles and take it from her and began texting ChangWook to tell him she will be home late. 

"Done. Let's go." she return the phone to NaRa and they both excitedly making their way to Lotte Mall. 

                                                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here is her milk. I already put it in the bottle you just need to put the hot water until here and add some room temperature water until here. And this is her food and snacks. She already had her lunch. Her diapers are all in her nursery room. You know how to change diapers right? " ChangWook explains to JiWon where to get InHa necessities and how to prepare her milk.

"Ah and don't forget to give her medicine after dinner. If any emergency, just call me, I will rush back soonest possible." he really worried if JiWon is not use to babysit hence he explains as detail as possible. 

JiWon pats his shoulder and smiles to assure him that she is ok, "Sunbaenim, don't worry too much. I had eperience babysit my nephew and niece so InHa will be in good hands. Now you have to go to the station fast if not you'll miss the audition. Just go." JiWon push him outside the house to make sure he make his move to the station. 

"Gomawo JiWon-ah. Call me if anything, arasso." he keeps reminding him. "And if you need to use computer to edit video you can use mine. It's inside my room over there." he showed to his room to JiWon. Their work of nature sometimes requires them to do the video editing at home before submiting it. 

"Arasso. Now palli ka. Good luck for the audition. fighting. " JiWon send him off with good luck spirit. 

                                                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona is very happy that finally she get to meet the chef that she idolised. She even hops lightly while walking from the book signing. She cant keep her eyes off from the signature on the cooking book she bought. "NaRa-ya, thank you for letting me know about this book sign. You don't know how happy I am to meet him in person."

"Not a big deal chingu. I like him too and it is not fun to go this kind of event alone. I know you are Chef Baek's fan too that is why I ask you to join me. I'm hungry Yoona-ya, why don't we go and get some dinner first?" 

Yoona is hungry too and look at her watch to check the time. "It's still quite early. Kaja, let's go and eat." she pulls NaRa hands and they headed to get their dinner.

                                                                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JiWon is walking back and forth at the living area while singing lullaby. She is trying to put InHa to sleep as it's already pass her bedtime. Then she heard someone unlocking the password to the the house. She turns to the door to look who come back first. "Oh you're back sunbaenim?"

ChangWook greets her with a smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter