Pumpkin Field

Wontaek Playground Short Stories

SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE, I WAS BUSY, IM PART OF THE LIBRARY CLUB AND I HAD TO HELP OUT WITH FAMILY READING NIGHT, WHICH LASTED TILL LIKE 7 PM, THEN I HAD TO GO HOME AND HELP MY SISTERS OUT WITH THEIR HOMEWORK AND HAD TO FINISH UP SOME WORK... THEN I HADNT EVEN STARTED THE CHAPTER SO I BARELY HAD TIME TO DO IT TODAY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a nice Saturday morning as Ravi's mom parked in front of Leo's house as Leo said bye to his mom and ran to the car, sitting next to Ravi in the back seat saying 'Good Morning' to Ravi's mom.
Ravi and Leo were going to a pumpkin field to buy a pumpkin to carve, for Halloween. 
"Im gonna get a super big pumpkin!" yelled Ravi in the backseat , smiling as he stared at Leo. 
"I dont want a bwig one... Then I won't be able to carry it " murmured Leo sadly. 
"No worries! Im strong, I'll help you out!" said Ravi excitedly as he showed off some imaginary muscles.  Leo laughed as he agreed with Ravi. 

The car drove for several minutes until it stopped on a pumpkin field, a person stood in the front of the gate. It was a woman with a blue jumper and black pants, she had short orange hair that matched the pumpkins behind her. 
Mrs. Kim helped Ravi and Leo out of the car as they walked towards the gate where they were greeted by the "orange haired lady". 
She nodded over at them as they entered, they looked around amazed by the vast amount of pumpkins. 
Ravi and Leo went around seeing each and every pumpkin slowly.  Each pumpkin slightly different than the next. 
Leo soflty looked at one as it was pretty decent but he wasn't sure so continued to look around, Ravi scanned slowly as his eyes landed on a pumpkin he liked, he ran towards it as Leo followed him and his mom shook his head, but followed. Ravi told his mom he liked that one, as he picked it up, it was a medium-sized pumpkin, he was able to carry it. Leo nodded that he liked it as he turned around and searched for one he liked, after several minutes of searching he found one he liked,he went over and picked it up, his was medium-sized as well. Ravi's mom made sure they each had their pumpkin as they went over to pay. 
And that is how now they sat happy in the car, Ravi was telling Leo how he wanted to carve his pumpkin with a smiley face and even a bow tie. 
Leo nodded he thought Ravi's pumpkin would look smart with a bow tie.
"a bwow tie? Does he work swomewhere?" asked Leo as he was still hugging his pumpkin placed on his lap. Ravi had his own in the seat in the middle as he patted it softly, "yes! he is a tweacher!" said Ravi matter-of-factly, as Leo nodded "makes sense to me" 
Ravi's mom parked when they got to their building as she helped them get out of the car with the pumpkins. 
Leo looked up at the building where Ravi lived. 
"Is this your hwouse?? It's so big" said Leo shocked. 
Ravi's mom shook her head "No we only live in a small piece of that whole building" she said as she started walking being followed by both Leo and Ravi. 

They entered the lobby as Ravi's mom made her way to the elevator and clicked on the button. Leo was excited, Ravi had seen his house before but he had never seen where Ravi lived. The doors closed as the elevator started and they went up and up since Ravi lived in the 42nd floor, he was jealous he wished he could be in a elevator everyday to get up and down from his house. 
The elevator stopped with a soft clang as the doors opened and Ravi excitedly got out of the  elevator with his pumpkin followed by Leo and his mom. 
Ravi led the way talking about his pet dog ''. 
"Your dwog is named ''?? " asked Leo clearly confused. 
"Yes, I named it '' doesnt it sound cute?" said Ravi happily as his mom shook his head with a sigh and they stopped in front of the apartment door.  "He isn't here right now though, Dad took him to the vet" said Ravi towards Leo with a pout, he had wanted Leo to meet ''. 
Mrs. Kim pressed on the passcode as they heard a soft click and she opened the door letting them both pass first as she walked in after and closed the door. Ravi and Leo took off their shoes by the doorway and made their way to the living room. Ravi's mom made Leo and Ravi stay in the living room as she went to get a plastic sheet so they could cover the floor while they removed the seeds of the pumpkins. 

Ravi and Leo sat on the orange carpet of the living room as Leo looked around, the apartment had a pretty decent size, they had a fancy black leather couch, a big tv, quite some decoration and fancy looking curtains. there was a hallway to the left which he probably guessed went to the bedrooms and bathroom. 
Ravi turned to look at Leo as he smiled "Do you want to see thwou the window? It looks really pretty" said Ravi as he stood up and made Leo follow him. They got on top of the couch as Ravi moved the curtains out of the way and showed Leo the view. Being in the 42nd floor really offered a great view of the city. 
It was around 3pm in the afternoon and the city was busy as Leo saw all the cars at the bottom, looking like small ants. Leo was in awe he had never been this high up, he wanted to come over to live with Ravi. 

They stayed a while as Leo tried to see if he could see his house from there as Ravi's mom came back in and placed the plastic cover on the floor. She called them over as she cut open the top part of the pumpkin, letting them each scoop out the pumpkin seeds and fibres onto a bowl, after several minutes of disgust by leo and ravi they finished. Then she handed each a black marker and told them to draw the faces they wanted on their pumpkins. They both tried their best in drawing the face as Ravi drew a small bow tie near the bottom,when they were done Ravi's mom quickly cut the holes for the eyes mouth and nose, including the bow tie, following the outlines both Leo and Ravi had done. Then she handed them both an LED tea light candle, as they turned it on from the bottom and placed it in the middle of the pumpkin before putting the top part of the pumpkin back, almost like a lid. 

Both Leo and Ravi gasped in amazement at the pumpkins as Mrs, Kim took the seeds away and the carving knife she used as well as the plastic cover which was part covered with pieces and seeds of pumpkin. 
They both looked happy at the results as Leo said he was gonna place his pumpkin in the living room when he got home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I WAS BARELY ABLE TO FINISH THIS UP BY TODAY ... ^^ 
WELL NEVER TOO LATE FOR AN UPDATE I GUESS...