First Meeting and Bonding

Gangsters in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double Update Today Guys!!! Go Back One Chapter..... or more because I updated like three times this week!!!

“The truth is…...I'm a gangster. I'm part of a gang called Teen Top. My gang name or well, nickname is Changjo. It was given to me by a childhood friend when I was at the orphanage and it kinda stuck. That childhood friend was Angel. She's my girlfriend. Or well…. I don't know where we stand now. She's been avoiding me for the past week or so because Sohee came up to her told her that I was cheating on her. But I wasn't. I explained the whole situation to her and she avoided me ever since because she wanted me to be a good son and grandson to you guys. The real reason why I wanted to bring you here today was to see the real Sohee. And I wanted to catch a glimpse of Angel. But she's not the type to be at a club no matter how sad she is.” Changjo explained. His grandparents sighed. They couldn't believe what they were hearing. 
“I'm assuming you can't quit being a gangster.” His grandpa said. 
“I can't. And I don't really want to. They’re my family. Chunji Hyung and L.Joe Hyung are my brothers. I wouldn't ever want to leave them. CAP Hyung and Niel Hyung are like parents to me. Ricky Hyung acts like a younger brother. We’re a family.” Changjo said smiling softly at the thought of his hyungs. His smile faltered at the thought of Angel though. He missed her. 
“Jonghyun dear….. this Angel….. can we meet her?” Hyunseok asked. 
“Um. I'm not sure. She's kinda avoiding me like I'm gonna infect her with a disease. And I completely understand because I'm an that broke her heart.” Changjo said sadly. 
“You're not an Jonghyun. You should've told us you had a girlfriend.” His grandpa said. 
“You wouldn't have approved.” Changjo said. 
“Try me.” Changjo’s grandpa challenged. 
“You wanted a girl with a nice background. Angel is an orphan. She has four siblings that love her greatly but she doesn't have parents. Her parents were killed a very long time ago. But somehow, she's never sad. She's this cheerful and bright girl despite her past. And that's what I love about her. She doesn't allow her past to affect how she is in the present. All her siblings are gangsters. Her older sister is an assassin. Her three older brothers are three of the world’s top gangsters. Angel herself is classified as a gangster. But I don't really consider her as one. She works as a healer for her gang. She doesn't fight.” Changjo said. 
“You're forgetting the fact that she’s this innocent little girl that's trapped in the gang world because of her background. Just like you.” Ace said as she appeared behind Changjo. 
“Ace!” Changjo said in surprise. He hadn't expected her to come down from her DJ position. Ace merely glanced at him. 
“Who are you?” Changjo’s grandpa questioned. 
“It's best if you don't know.” Ace said before walking off to the bar where L.Joe was waiting for her. 
“Was that Angel?” Changjo’s grandpa asked him. 
“God no. I mean as much as I love Ace, it's not that kind of love. She's like an older sister that I never had. The kind that could kill me within two seconds. She's the assassin that I mentioned.” Changjo said. 
“She’s Angel’s older sister?” Changjo’s grandpa almost had a heart attack. If the older sister was like this, what was the younger one like? Ace had multiple tattoos. And majority of them were showing tonight. She gave off a very rebellious vibe that made Hyunseok shutter. 
“Yeah. She's something isn't she? Hey Ace, where’s Angel?” Changjo asked as Ace came back over with a drink.
“You really think she would come to a club? You really think I would allow her in here? She’s at home. Probably reading a book or cooking.” Ace said. 
“Or she's sulking because her boyfriend is in the club that has Zion in it.” L.Joe commented. Changjo sighed. 
“Hey Himé….. can I borrow your house key?” Changjo asked. 
“How about no? Look loverboy. You messed up when you lashed out at her the first time when she was just asking you what was wrong. Angel was just worried about you and you just shut her off. And then Zion came along and messed it up even more. As much as I would love to help, I think it's better if you did everything on your own. We helped with your folks. But we can't help you win Angel back. It's her choice.” Himé said. Changjo nodded. 
“Is there anyone else at home right now?” He asked Himé. 
“Nope. Alice unnie is with Jimin because the guys in here are creepy. Rima unnie is busy avoiding Hoya. Speaking of which, why the heck is he now hitting on my sister!” Himé said. 
“I don't know.” Changjo said before turning back to his folks. 
“Grandpa….. please….. give her a chance.” Changjo pleaded to his grandpa. The old man sighed and agreed. Mina smiled. She had a feeling that the Angel she met the other day was the same Angel.

Changjo drove his folks to the Guardian’s hideout. He rang the doorbell. Angel opened the door and immediately closed it after seeing Changjo. 
“Wait! Angel! Please. Hear me out.” Changjo pleaded. 
“oppa, no Changjo ssi, you have a fiancé. I don't think it's appropriate for you to find me anymore.” Angel said with a broken voice. Changjo’s grandpa heard her words and immediately changed his view about the girl. She didn't sound like the type of girl Zion was.
“Please….. just listen to me.” Changjo pleaded. Angel sighed but gave in. She opened the door again. She was surprised to see more people behind Changjo. 
“Come in. It's cold outside.” Angel said. Changjo smiled softly seeing that she still cared. 
“Angel….. these are my grandparents. And these are my parents.” Changjo introduced. Changjo’s grandpa took a good look at the girl. She was a fairly petite girl with an innocent look. She wore a lavender colored night romper with a white cardigan on top of it. She was very cute even with glasses on. Changjo’s grandpa immediately understood why Ace had described her as an innocent little girl trapped in the gang world. 
“Miss Mina?” Angel said in surprise. 
“Angel. I knew it was you the moment my son mentioned your name. So you're his girlfriend. I'm so happy~” Mina said with a smile. Angel was beyond confused. Hyunseok smiled. 
“Hi there sweetie.” Hyunseok said. 
“Mr. Hyunseok?” Angel was so confused.
“Angel dear, I'm so happy that you are my son’s girlfriend. Abeoji, you have to approve of this girl.” Hyunseok said. 
“Eomeonim, she's the girl I told you about. The one that helped me the other day when I sprained my ankle.” Mina said. Changjo’s grandma looked at Angel. 
“What's going on?” Angel asked Changjo.
“Zion isn't my fiancé anymore. I’m sorry Yuki….. I'm so sorry that I took so long….. I'm sorry for everything…..” Changjo said pulling her into a hug. Angel didn't hug him back though. She was way too confused. 
“That doesn't explain why your parents and grandparents are here. I don't really mind it since Miss Mina and Mr. Hyunseok are pretty nice. Your grandparents seem like good people. But I'm confused: why are they here?” Angel questioned. 
“Well….. Jonghyun had asked me to give you a chance. You see, I want a highly educated and wealthy girl for my grandson so he could have a good life. You aren't that. So why should I give you a chance Angel?” Changjo’s grandpa said. Angel only blinked. 
“Actually I think she's more educated than Sohee. Angel is actually the top student in her year.” Changjo said. 
“You shouldn't give me a chance. Your standards for a girl isn't me. It wouldn't make sense for you to give me a chance. But an educated and wealthy girl doesn't mean a good life for your grandson either. It may mean an easier life but he might not be satisfied or happy with it. I don't believe that it's love. Love isn't a business deal. Love is going through hardships with one another. Feeling each other’s pain and happiness. Seeing each other flaws and helping one another with fixing them. That's love to me. What you wished for in a girl isn't love to me. What's the use of finding a well educated and wealthy girl if your grandson isn't happy with her? That's why divorce rates are so high. People focus on the materialistic things.” Angel said. Changjo’s grandpa was impressed with her answer. 
“So tell me why you should be my grandson’s girlfriend.” He asked her. 
“I could answer that.” Mina said. 
“Angel is a really sweet girl abeoji. She’s the girl that helped me, someone she didn't even know. I sprained my ankle the other day and she helped me all the way to the house. She's really caring and very nice. I also heard from Jonghyun that she's a great cook. And seeing how she treated that puppy other day, she seems to be really good with children. She's also a med student so you know she's smart. Her sister even questioned Jonghyun as to why he would ask if Angel was at the club. That would mean that she isn't the type to be at the club. She doesn't have to be rich to be my daughter in law.” Mina said. Angel smiled gratefully at Mina. 
“I'm really thankful that you think of me that way….. but….. you should know that I'm an orphan. I don't have parents, which is how I met Changjo in the first place. I met him at the orphanage. As someone who is an orphan, I would understand why you wouldn't want me as his girlfriend.” Angel said. 
“You're right. I don't want you as his girlfriend.” Changjo’s grandpa said. 
“Harabeoji!” Changjo yelled. 
“Oppa, don't be rude. He's still your grandpa no matter what happens. He only wants what's best for you. And I understand that. It hurts me to know that I can't be with you. But it would hurt me even more if you become even more strained from them. Family is forever. They may have hurt you once. But trust me, family is the best support you could ever get. The love from a mother and father can't ever be replaced.” Angel said. Changjo sighed. But he listened to her. He valued her opinion after all. 
“I really don't want her as your girlfriend. I want her as your wife. Jonghyun, you've chosen a very special girl. She's very smart and considerate. I could tell from her words that she would put others before herself. Don't ever be mean to her or I’ll punish you myself.” The old man said. Changjo broke out into a smile. 
“Thank you! Thank you so much harabeoji!” Changjo bowed. Angel let out a sigh of relief. It was really hard to let out her thoughts like that. She normally wouldn't dare speak out against an elder.
“Yes!!! That means Angel’s apart of the family~” Mina cheered. Angel smiled. 
“I've been meaning to ask this but, is Angel your real name?” Changjo’s grandpa asked. 
“My real name is Kanzaki Yukirin. I'm Japanese. Angel was a nickname from my older brothers. My real name was hidden for a long time due to safety reasons. So they gave me the name Angel. My oldest brother came up with it.” Angel said. 
“You certainly fit it though.” Mina said. Angel smiled softly. 
“Angel, I heard you were a gangster. I don't see it. You're so sweet and nice. How could you be a gangster?” Mina asked. 
“I'm a healer. I’m a med student because I wanted to help my siblings. My sister was forced into being an assassin at a young age. So I wanted to do my part and heal them since I knew I couldn't fight. I'm actually a pacifist.” Angel explained. 
“Ahh that makes sense. Your older sister is completely different from you.” Changjo’s grandpa commented. 
“On the exterior….. yes. But I would argue that she's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter