Last Couple Hours Before Hell Breaks Loose

Gangsters in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I TEND TO UPDATE MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK SO PLEASE READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY. BY THE WAY, THIS CHAPTER IS SOLELY BASED ON THE COUPLES. SO BE PREPARED FOR A WHOLE LOT OF FLUFF!!

Throughout the week, the Royals and Shadows devised a plan. Ace had shown them a whole map of the Park Empire. Mino along with the rest of Winner had become allies with the Guardians. Himé’s injuries were pretty much healed. Her gun wound was tightly sealed due to Angel’s skill with needles. Chunji focused on his girlfriend’s health above everything. The two would train together at the Guardian’s hideout since Himé was still not allowed to be back in HQ just yet. V had taken over her spot as a trainer. Angel spent her days conducting experiments for new cures for the most deadly poisons. She trained Unit Black and Infinite everyday of the week. They learned pretty fast so it wasn't too much work. Changjo would come in everyday to make sure she was eating and resting. Ace had hacked every security system that the Park Empire had. She also hacked into Park Sang Hoon’s secret files. She trained with L.Joe everyday for the week. The two got even closer than before. Pretty soon, the day had come. 
“Are you guys ready?” Sunggyu asked. Rain held a last minute meeting to make sure everything was prepared. They couldn't afford any mistakes today. 
“We’re ready.” The gangs answered. 
“Alright. Take some time to calm yourselves down a bit. This mission will officially start in two hours.” Rap Monster commanded. With that, everyone dispersed. Rima looked towards her sister. 
“Hey baby sister. How are you feeling?” Rima asked.
“Scared. Nervous. Mostly just worried. It's a suicide mission.” Himé admitted. 
“Don't worry Sis. You got this. You can't be scared. You're the fearless leader of the Guardians.” V said. 
“Thanks Oppa. But there's so much on the line today. The lives of so many people are at stake tonight.” Himé said. 
“Calm down sis. Don't worry about it. Everything will be fine. Ace’s plans have never gone wrong. It's not going to start now.” Rima said. 
“You're right…..” Himé sighed. 
“Hey. Don't worry about a single thing. Whatever comes at us, we can take it. Now go talk to your boyfriend. It seems like you two need this time together the most.” V said. Himé nodded before walking over to Chunji. 
“Hi Oppa.” Himé greeted him with a sad smile. 
“Don't be sad baby. It's gonna be alright. We’re gonna be alright.” He reassured her as he pulled her into his arms. 
“I hope so. If not, I just want you to know something.” Himé said. 
“I don't want to hear it baby. Nothing is gonna happen.” Chunji said. 
“No Oppa. I have to say it. Oppa, I love you. And I always will. And if I die tonight and you survive, promise me that you'll live on.” Himé said. 
“How can I? You're my life….. you're my motivation to live baby. It was hard enough seeing you in a coma for two weeks. If you die, I'm gonna kill whoever killed you. And then I'm gonna shoot myself because living without you is too painful.” Chunji countered. 
“No. Oppa. Promise me. Please….. you have to live on.” Himé pleaded. 
“Then promise me the same. You have to live on for me princess. And by that, I mean you'll have to move on from me. Get married. Have a life. A happy one. As much as it pains me to see it, I'll watch over you baby.” Chunji said. Before Himé could even reply….. 
“Can you both calm your . Neither of you two are dying tonight. Himé, you know damn well I’m not gonna let you die. Chunji, since you're her boyfriend, I'm obligated to save your too. Neither of you es are gonna die. Not on my watch. Not on Ace’s watch.” Jonghyun said before walking off.
“He's….. nice?” Chunji said looking at where Jonghyun went. 
“Don't mind him. He's like an older brother to me. He made a blood oath with my brother to protect me and Rima unnie while Hyunwoo Oppa protects Ace and Angel.” Himé explained. 
“Anyways, how are you feeling princess?” Chunji asked her. 
“I'm feeling alright. I'm just still a little sore.” Himé admitted. 
“Aww poor baby. Come here, let oppa make you feel better.” Chunji said jokingly. Himé hit him playfully. 
“Gross.” She said. 
“You love me.” Chunji said. 
“I do. Sadly.” Himé faked a pout. 
“What do you mean sadly? You love me. It's a great thing.” Chunji said with a pout. Himé laughed. 
“I'm kidding. I love you with all my heart Oppa. Calm down~ forgive me.” Himé said with a bit of aegyo. Chunji smiled and pinched her cheeks. 
“I wonder how Changjo and L.Joe are holding up. They spent almost ten years looking for the girls. And this might be the last time they even see them. All because of the Park Empire.” Chunji said while hugging his girlfriend. 
“If you think about it though, they wouldn't have even met if it weren't for them. Ace and Angel would've lived different lives. Well, they still would be gangsters but Ace wouldn't have been targeted as much. And they wouldn't have met the boys. That's why….. in a way, Ace is thankful to her parent’s death. She met the love of her life back then. She was the happiest with him.” Himé said. 
“Ahh…. that's right…..”
“Enough talking about them Oppa….. come on, I have something to show you.” Himé said as she pulled Chunji toward her room.

As usual, Ace was on the roof with L.Joe. This time though, his head was on her lap. Ace kept her mask off since it was just the two of them. L.Joe stared up at his girl as she looked at the sky. He held her hand and brought it up to his lips. He kissed the back of her hand softly. 
“Have I ever told you how beautiful you look love?” L.Joe said.
“Everyday.” Ace answered. 
“Well, I’m gonna say it again. It might be the last time you hear it love. Don't miss it too much if I'm gone.” L.Joe said jokingly. But Ace didn't laugh. Instead, she looked down at her boyfriend with a blank face. L.Joe knew she was sad despite the lack of emotion she showed. He knew deep down, she had a very heavy heart that mirrored his own. 
“Hey love, don't be sad. It's gonna be okay. I know it is.” L.Joe said as he caressed her face. 
“How can you be so sure….. this mission is literally welcoming your own death. Why is it that when everything is going so well, he has to ruin it for me?” Ace said. 
“Hey….. stop thinking too much. Love, it's gonna be fine.” L.Joe said as he sat up. 
“B-But what if it isn't. What if you die Oppa?.....” Ace said with a tearful gaze. 
“I won't love. I'm not gonna leave you alone in this cruel world. Not again. I won't let anyone hurt you.” L.Joe said, determined. 
“We can't tell the future Oppa….. I don't know how I would live without you anymore.” Ace said as she fell into L.Joe’s embrace. L.Joe wiped away her tears that were threatening to fall out.  
“Don't think like that. If anyone is gonna die tonight, it's gonna be Park Sang Hoon. If you don't kill him, I will. He needs to pay for making my girl suffer so much all these years.” L.Joe said with a hard look. Ace smiled a bit. Her eyes were filled with tears. It felt like the end to her. She was scared to lose him. 
“Hmm….. Love, if anyone sees you like this, they won't believe that you're Ace. The heartless assassin that has a gaze colder than ice. The one that everyone is so fearful of. Who knew the heartless Ace could ever cry.” L.Joe teased. Ace rolled her eyes and playfully hit L.Joe. 
“Yah….” Ace said with a pout. 
“Aww you're so cute. Really though, if anyone else saw this, they would think you're possessed. Ow. Okay okay. I'm kidding. I like that you're like this around me. It shows that you're still human despite the lack of emotions you display. It shows how comfortable you are around me. To everyone else, you're this cold hearted killing machine known as Ace. But when you’re like this. Around me. You're Saki. You cry like everyone else. You smile though it's small. It makes my day when I see you laugh. I love it. It proves my feelings aren't one-sided.” L.Joe said looking at his girlfriend who smiled softly. 
“Why would you think that your feelings are one-sided?” Ace questioned. 
“Well….. you pushed me away at first. You went on a date with me reluctantly. It didn't seem like you truly liked me. A lot of the Royal members didn't believe that you actually liked me. They thought that I was forcing you to be in a relationship with me. And at one point, I really thought that I forced you to be with me. But….. I really am blessed to have a girl like you. After a while, I saw you change into the girl I originally fell for at the orphanage. You were no longer the cold gangster known as Ace around me. You became Saki.” L.Joe explained while he placed her on his lap so she was sitting on him instead of the cold roof top. 
“Yeah….. I was always in love with you. But I was scared. I didn't want to hurt you. I didn't want him to target you too. He always took everything that gave me happiness away from me. He made sure to keep me in fear. He actually almost killed Hanbin before. Hanbin was my best friend in Shadow that wasn't apart of Bangtan and The Guardians. I was his mentor. He was trained to be an assassin.  I was genuinely happy to have someone I could trust outside of my own circle. Soon, I got along with the rest of Ikon. But I guess I got too carefree about making friends. I let my guard down and the Park Boss hired a hitman to kill Hanbin. Thankfully he was skilled enough to kill the hitman. He was still severely injured though. He was in a coma for months.” Ace explained. 
“Hanbin….. have you ever had feelings for him?” L.Joe asked, somewhat jealous. 
“No. It was always you. No matter how much I tried to not think about you, you filled my head. As for why I lack emotion, it's because I spent years perfecting how much emotion I show. As an assassin, I can't show the enemy any kind of emotion since it would give away information. Even as a child, I lacked emotion. As I grew older, I accepted the life of an assassin and its consequences. Oppa….. I'm sorry that you have to deal with my lack of affection.” Ace sighed. 
“It's okay love. It's you. I knew what I was getting into. And I know you love me. So I’m fine with it.” L.Joe said as he snuggled his head into her neck, inhaling her sweet scent. 
“What the….. L.Joe? You were serious? You're actually dating Ace?” Rome said as he walked onto the roof. 
“Hells yes. I love her.” L.Joe said as he pulled her even closer to him. Ace began to play with his hand that was on her lap. Rome watched them in jealousy. He knew that Ace liked L.Joe. But he didn't think they would go out this soon. He sighed and walked back down to where everyone else was. It was time that he gave up on her. 
After Rome left, L.Joe placed a kiss on Ace’s temple. He watched her with loving eyes as she played with his fingers. He smiled softly as he continued to embrace her. He whispered sweet nothings into her ear as they waited for the plan to officially start.

Alice got very bored quickly as she watched Rap Monster and Jimin play cards. She sighed and began to wonder around looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter