Change of Heart?

Gangsters in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day arrived. L.Joe had slept in Chunji’s room since Ace was occupying his. Chunji had woken up early, unable to sleep. Since it was still pretty early, he was sure that Niel hadn't waken up yet. He decided to check up on Ace. 
He walked into L.Joe’s room and found Ace surprisingly awake. 
“Oh, you're awake? Did you sleep alright? Are you still in pain?” Chunji asked. Ace shook her head at him. She gave him a look and pointed to . 
“Oh right….. sorry…..” he said, awkwardly scratching his head. She just shook her head and gave him a questioning look. He quickly gave her her phone. 
“Here, type with this.” He said. 
“Why are you here?” She questioned. 
“To be honest with you, I couldn't sleep. And since you're Himé’s best friend, I wanted to check up on you.” He said. She nodded her head, showing that she understood. 
“So how are you feeling?” He asked.
“Like I've been shot.” Her words made him glare at her. 
“It was a legit question.”
“I gave you a legit answer.” Ace typed, she smirked under her mask, seeing that she pissed him off. 
“Seriously though, how are you feeling?” Chunji asked again. He seemed concerned, but Ace wouldn't let her guard down.
“I'm fine. Why the heck are you nice to me?”
“Well, you seem like a nice person….. and Himé told me about your past.”
“I don't need your pity kid.” She tried getting up.
“Hey wait, don't move. You'll break your stitches. And I don't pity you. Sure, you had a bad past but it's not like you have a bad present. Yes, I know you just got shot and the way you live makes it seem like you hate life. But I know you're much more than that. I see that you're perfectly content with your life. Sorry I'm ranting.” He said awkwardly. Ace narrowed her eyes at him before typing something.
“I do hate life kid. Sure I'm content with life, it's because I don't give two s about it. My life doesn't exactly matter to me. Angel has finally found someone who could protect her. Himé has you. My brother has his gang. I live solely for one reason. After I accomplish my task, I’d disappear. Tell your friend to leave me alone from now on. I don't want or need his affection.” She typed. She was more scared for his life than her own.
“I can't do that. Ace, you know that's not true. You need him as much as he needs you. Despite your coldness, I can see that you truly care about him. Let him help with your task. I know you think he's just going to get hurt but trust me, L.Joe is capable of a lot of things. He's arguably the strongest in Teen Top. His vast knowledge and skills with weapons aren't as strong as yours but he is capable. He's perfectly capable of protecting himself and you if you'd just let him.” He said hoping she'd change her mind about L.Joe.
“This task is mine alone. I don't want to drag anyone into this. If Himé told you my past, you should know why I can't let anyone help me.” She glared at him. 
“Just….. consider it okay.” He pleaded. She nodded her head. 
“Also….. can we be friends?” He wanted to befriend her. She was Himé’s best friend and she seemed nice after all. 
“I thought we already were. I considered you a friend since you started treating my leader as a princess.” She looked at him, waiting for a reaction. 
“Oh really? But why?” He asked surprised.
“Because I know you'll be around for very long.” 
“Oh. Hey….. um, does she talk about me?”
“Yes.”
“I hope it's good things.”
“Partially, most of the time she's just ranting about what you do and then how she can't react properly because she's never been with a dude before.” She confessed.
“Wait, Himé hasn't dated anyone?” He was surprised. 
“Dude she's the youngest and the dangerous daughter of a Mafia lord and an infamous Japanese gangster. She's also the baby sister of the lunatic V of Bangtan and the scary Rima. On top of that, she's the leader of the Guardians, an infamous gang that rules worldwide along with Bangtan. Every guy that came in contact with her was either scared off by her siblings or her parents. No guy could live up to her status. Himé grew up in the states along with Bangtan and Ikon. We only recently came back about three months ago because Rain wanted the Guardians and Bangtan to rule the Korean Branch of the Shadows. Everyone in the states were aware of her status.” She typed.
“I see… then do you think I can live up to her status? Do you think I'm worthy of her?” He questioned, doubting himself.
“What do you think Mr. Prince of Gangsters? Royals ruled the streets of Korean before we came along. Your status is definitely on par with hers. And so far, you haven't exactly proven yourself worthy of her. Sure, I think you're worthy since I've seen the way you treat her. But in the gangster world, you have to be able to fight. Meaning unless the Shadows sees you defeat one of our top members in a sparring match, you're not worthy of our princess.” She explained.
“I see, who would I fight though?”
“Most likely a Bangtan member or me. Possibly Himé herself since she's pretty up there in skillset.”
“Do you think I’d win?”
“I haven't seen you fight yet, but if I had to guess, it would depend on who you fight.” Ace had to think before answering. 
“What do you mean?” He gave her a questioning look. 
“If it were Jungkook, V, or Suga or even me, you wouldn't win. Jungkook is our top fighter, he's a monster. V is a lunatic… I would say he's the second best fighter in the Shadows. Suga….. he’s very harsh so beating him is hard. He would paralyze your whole body in a fight if it meant protecting Bangtan’s pride. And as for me….. well, I'm an assassin. I’d kill you.” She typed. 
“I heard you're on par with Jungkook in combat though.” He commented. 
“I don't know about that. We used to be on par. But I don't know now. I haven't sparred against him in years since I’m an assassin while he's the combat specialist. I prefer guns over hands. Besides, I rather keep him as our Top fighter. He deserves it anyways. The amount of training he put in while we were young was as much as I train my subordinates.” Ace typed.
“Ace, were you trained to be an assassin?” He asked curiously. 
“Yes. Even before I met L.Joe and Changjo. I was trained to be a combat specialist at first, not necessarily an assassin though But my parents noticed my fascination with weapons and decided to teach me about them from the age of five. A year before I met them.” She gave him an honest answer.
“Did you choose to be an assassin then? You said that you weren't necessarily trained to be an assassin back then.” He asked.
“I chose to be an assassin because my parents were killed right in front of my eyes. I wanted vengeance. Of my siblings, I was the only one who learned about weapons and how to use them from a young age. Angel was taught about medicine because she lacked physical and mental strength. She also had a bad immune system.” Ace explained her reasoning. 
“I see… do you think you could train me then? I want to win that fight. I love Himé….. I can't live without her.” He pleaded. 
“Maybe. But don't forget that you have Jungkook training you. My results may be fast and effective but his goes more into details. You'd learn more from him since I teach more about weapons. If you feel like you want to train more, I'll train you only because I know that you'll be the only guy my best friend likes.” She explained. 
“Thanks. I'll leave you to rest now. Niel should be in here to check up on you within the next hour or so. He should be waking up soon.” Chunji said. Ace just nodded. 
Outside, someone overhears their conversation.

True to Chunji’s words, Niel checked up on Ace. Seeing that she was still pretty weak, he suggested she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter