Joint past?

Gangsters in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changjo and L.Joe were both orphans that were in the same orphanage. Since they were both brought to the orphanage around the same time, they quickly became friends. 
After about three months of them being at the orphanage, a couple new orphans transferred there. 
“Hey everyone, we’re going to be having new kids here tomorrow! Two girls. Be nice to them okay.” The owner of the orphanage told the children. The children chorused okay. The owner was a nice man that went by the name of Eric. He was the only one that was actually nice to the children. The rest of the staff often abused them. Of course, he didn't know that as he was always away on business trips. After his announcement, he allowed the children to go outside and play. 
“Hyung, are you excited? We going to have new friends.” A six year old Changjo questioned as he caught up to a seven year old L.Joe. 
“Not really. We get new kids all the time. What makes these ones any different?” L.Joe asked. Every time a new kid came in, the kid would always annoy them. Changjo and L.Joe were even popular as children. They didn't like much attention from others and just stuck to themselves. They were both nicknamed as the Ice Princes. 
“Well, I have a good feeling about them this time.” Changjo stated optimistically. He hoped for new friends this time. He felt alone whenever L.Joe went off on his own. 
“That's the spirit Jonghyun-ah. I was actually hoping you guys would show the girls around tomorrow.” Eric popped up behind the boys, scaring Changjo. 
L.Joe only looked at him boredly. He liked Eric, but much like other adults, he didn't trust him. 
Changjo looked at L.Joe, who gave him a nod, before answering. 
“We will. Samchon, what are they like? Have you met them?” Chango questioned curiously. 
“Well, they're a pair of sisters. One of them, the older one, is very much like Byunghyun. She's very quiet and reserved. It took me thirty minutes to get her to say something to me. The younger one is very shy and quiet. But she's a lot easier to talk to. She’s very nice and respectful. I think you'll like her Jonghyun-ah. She's very cute too.” Eric smiled teasingly at the boy. Changjo blushed.
“Hmm. We’ll meet them tomorrow morning?” L.Joe asked. He was interested into knowing more about them. The older girl beat his record. It took twenty minutes for him to answer Eric three months ago. 
“Yes. They're technically showing up tonight, but you guys would already be asleep by then. Well, unless you guys would like to stay up and wait for them with me. I will only allow it this once.” Eric always favored these two out of everyone. They were a bit cold to him at times but they were selfless. They reminded him of himself. The two boys nodded. 

When night fell, the staff went to sleep after putting the children to sleep. L.Joe and Changjo stayed with Eric in his office. About two hours after their usual bedtime, the girls finally showed up. The boys weren't too tired since they were curious and a little excited to meet them. 
Eric exchanged some words with the staff members who brought the girls. Changjo analyzed the two girls. The older one had long black hair and wore black jeans with a black hoodie. She had cold eyes. Colder than L.Joe’s. The younger sister hid behind her. She had long light brown hair that was kept into a side braid. She wore a white skirt with leggings underneath with a lavender colored sweater. She looked very frightened of the new environment. 
Eric walked towards the girls with the boys closely behind him. He bent down to their eye level before speaking. 
“Hey there girls. These two are Jonghyun and Byunghyun. Come on, don't be afraid, they won't hurt you.” 
The older sister only stared at him blankly. She didn't know how to react. She was used to being on her own with her siblings. But now they were all separated. Her sister was a bit frightened. She felt the grip on her hoodie. 
Eric sighed when he knew the girl wouldn't say anything to him. He looked toward the younger one and hoped her kind nature would come alive. The said girl looked at him in fear. He felt bad for them. 
“Um, hi. I'm Jonghyun. This is my friend Byunghyun. What are your names?” Changjo introduced. He was curious about them. But he also knew they were probably scared. This time, the younger sister looked a bit more relaxed. Her sister felt the grip on her hoodie loosen. The younger girl stepped forward cautiously before speaking. 
“I'm Yukirin. This is my older sister Saki.” She spoke in a shaky manner, most likely due to fear. Changjo smiled at her. Eric was right, she really was cute. She reminded him of a kitten. 
L.Joe had a staring contest with the older girl. He was impressed, she showed no signs of nervousness. He felt like she didn't give a damn about the world. 
Eric noticed the tension between the two and grew frightened. 
“Um girls, let me show you to your place where you would sleep. And then I'll give you some food.” Eric stated, hoping to get their attention.
Saki ignored him and turned to her sister. Yukirin moved closer to her sister. Saki took her sister’s hand and held it. She knew her sister was frightened by the man. 
“Um follow me.” Eric tried getting their attention once again. This time, Yukirin tugged at her sister’s hand, following the man.
L.Joe looked at the girl as she got dragged away by her sister. Changjo tapped his arm. 
“Hyung, you seem interested in her.”
“I could say the same for you. And she seems interesting. She hasn't spoken a word despite Eric samchon making an effort to talk to her. She ignored him every time.” L.Joe stated. 

The girls put their things down before both looking at Eric. Seeing that he has both their attention this time, he decided to give them a pep talk. 
“Hey, you don't need to be afraid of me. I'm harmless. I'm sorry for what happened.”
Saki looked away. 
“Samchon, how long do we have to stay here for?....” Yukirin asked him. 
“Until your brothers or someone comes to get you guys. Don't worry, it's safe here. No bad people.” Eric met these girls for the first time a month ago when the orphanage in Japan contacted him for a transfer. Ever since them, he visited them at least twice a week to get closer to them. Yukirin was his favorite child ever. She was sweet and kind. Saki was very quiet but Eric still liked her alot. Her chic exterior made her words more meaningful. 
Saki looked up at Eric and spoke for the first time that night. 
“Thank you.” Though her words came out a bit cold, he knew she was sincere. Eric smiled at her. 
“Listen, I won't be around much as you guys already know. The staff will take care of you.” Eric explained. 
Eric led the girls to his office again where L.Joe and Changjo were waiting for them. They already set the table with a bunch of different foods. Yukirin looked at them curiously before hiding behind her sister again. Eric saw her actions before picking her up and setting her down right next to Changjo. He motioned Saki to sit next to L.Joe. She complied silently. 
“Annyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter