Present When Needed

Nobody Should Get Hurt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, BoYoung went to check in on Sur as usual before they all left for work. She found her bed empty and unmade and assumed she was using the bathroom. She waited a few minutes while fixing her hair and makeup but still Sur didn’t come out.

“Yah! Are you giving birth in there?” She shouted towards the bathroom. After failing to hear a reply, she knocked on the door and entered. She was shocked to see the room empty so she ran downstairs where ChaeWon and JoongKi were waiting for the two girls before they leave.

“She refused to wake up?” ChaeWon asked her sister-in-law as she came down the stairs.

“No. She is not in her room and neither is she using the bathroom.”

“Oh! I’ll go and check the backyard.” JoongKi offered. The two women checked around the house. After several minutes, they met back in the foyer without having found her whereabouts. “Okay, this is worrying. We have to call her.”

“Her phone is on her bed. That’s why I waited thinking she is using the bathroom.”

“Do you think she went for a morning walk or jog?” ChaeWon suggested.

“Hyeongsu, Sur doesn’t do that. Ever.”

“So where could she be?”

“Calm down baby. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. She couldn’t have gone back to her apartment cause she cleared it out.” JoongKi comforted his wife upon sensing her rising worry.

Suddenly BoYoung remembered about the previous night. “Oh no! I think it’s about her fiancé.”

“What about him?” JoongKi enquired.

“Well, he had been acting strangely recently and Sur called his mum to ask her about it. She told her that he had something he had to tell her. After sometime without him calling, I sent him a text lying that Sur is sick and he asked to call her. Probably he told her something devastating.”

“Oh no!” Was all ChaeWon managed to whisper.

“Why don’t you call him?” Asked JoongKi and immediately BoYoung fumbled with her phone to call her friend’s fiancé. After a few rings, said man picked up and BoYoung put him on loud speaker.

“BoYoung? Is Sur okay?”

The moment the people on the other hand heard this, they knew whatever the two lovers had talked about last night was not pretty. “She is missing.”

“No! That’s why I hadn’t wanted to tell her.”

“Tell her what?” JoongKi spat through the speaker of the phone.

“Who is that?” The fiancé was a bit startled.

“It’s my brother.”

“Oh. I messed up BoYoung and got another girl pregnant.”

“What!” Three voices spoke at the same time.

“I’m sorry alright. It was a mistake.”

“You useless bastard!” JoongKi shouted.

“Do you have any idea where she might be?” ChaeWon asked after figuring out she might be the only sane one left in the room. BoYoung was already crying, obviously feeling the pain her friend was going through while JoongKi was fuming in anger.

“I’m not sure but did you check the park? She told me she found the place peaceful.”

“Alright, thank you.”

ChaeWon turned to BoYoung, “I know this is hard for you but it’s harder on Sur and that’s why we need to find her. I need you to be strong for her.” BoYoung wiped her tears away and nodded. JoongKi was already driving the car outside of the garage towards them. ChaeWon locked the door before joining her husband and his sister in the car towards the park.

JoongKi incautiously parked the car and they all ran out in a frantic search for Sur. Sur was extremely emotional and they all knew about the time when she tried killing herself after failing to bear the loss of her father. They also knew that she had stayed away from committing into a relationship for a long time because she was scared of heartbreaks and how she would react to them. She had finally found her dream and he got a co-worker pregnant. Great!

ChaeWon was the first one to notice the lump shaking a bit from the cold morning wind wearing pyjamas. “Sur!” She exclaimed while pointing for the others and then running towards the figure.

Sur had fallen asleep on the bench after crying for so long and losing track of time. She had felt weak and hence hadn’t attempted to move.

“Yah Sur! Wake up!” ChaeWon shouted to her. BoYoung was crying by her side. JoongKi knelt next to her to check if she was okay.

“She has a fever and she’s unconscious. Let’s take her home.” He said as he lifted her into her arms. ChaeWon nodded and helped BoYoung to stand up.

JoongKi carried her into her room once they got to their house. “Can you bring over some towels and a bowl of icy water BoYoung? We need to try and reduce her temperature.” BoYoung didn’t need to be told twice and bolted out the door. “Can you get our BP machine babe? We need to check her blood pressure.” ChaeWon left and went to get the machine as instructed.

BoYoung soon came back and volunteered to pat Sur with the chilled towels. When ChaeWon came back, JoongKi got to work checking her blood pressure.

“It’s a bit high, especially for her. She’ll probably need to…” He was cut off by his phone ringing. “Just make sure she’s resting well and doesn’t get too excited or emotional.” He finished while walking out of the room to answer the call.

“Are you okay Youngie?” ChaeWon asked with concern.

“I got to, for her.” ChaeWon nodded.

“I need to call to work and explain the situation to them so that you will be excused.”

BoYoung nodded and kept trying to bring Sur’s temperature down. She was really worried but had long stopped herself from crying while they were in the car. Sur wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter