The Commoner and Her Princes

Nobody Should Get Hurt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

i'm having this problem where the font is not co-operating with me. there are italics where there shouldn't be. I reserve italicised text for flashbacks so please note there is no flashback in here but the text will change format later on. Tried my best but it won't change. realised i might keep you waiting for too long if I keep trying instead.

so I apologise for the late update.

Sur took no time to get comfortable in her temporary home. It felt so quiet and lonely though when everyone left for work. How she missed going to work. After packing, she spent her day reading a novel since she wasn’t much of a TV fan. At some point she got so tempted to Google about Baekhyun and Exo but decided against it. Finally sighing in defeat since her boyfriend was unreachable, she sent him a text later in the afternoon.

To #Bubbles

Bored! You win, S.O.S!

Baekhyun grinned when he saw her text. He was also bored but his childish side wouldn’t let her win the challenge.

To #Sur

How can the prince help you?

Sur laughed at his use of prince. Thinking deeply about it, the term prince did suit him though.

To #Bubbles

Dear prince. The commoner here needs some royal redemption from excessive boredom.

Sur regretted her text the moment she hit send. She was too late in thinking and typing another text to make up for the previously suggestive one while Baekhyun was quick in sending in a reply.

To #Sur

That lonely?

To #Bubbles

You wish. I’m just gonna read a novel. I miss work, that’s all.

To #Sur

I know I surely don’t.

To #Bubbles

You do deserve a break, a long one.

Baekhyun got distracted when his mother asked him to help her with some gardening. He typed a quick gotta go before throwing away the phone on his bed and sprinting to his mum.

Sur sighed when ten minutes had passed without her getting a reply. She decided to go back to her novel.

When Baekhyun finally finished helping his mum, he came back to find his phone switched off from the battery. He plugged it in and went for a nice refreshing shower.

After his shower, he came back to find no message from Sur. He frowned a bit in disappointment but soon got himself busy with other things. His mum had told him that she’ll be leaving for a workshop in China in two days. She had wanted them to leave together so that he’d visit Taeyeon whilst at it. He had shown genuine interest and promised to talk to Taeyeon first. Because of his popularity in China, it would be a useless trip for him to go all the way and not see his girlfriend since he’d otherwise just spend the time indoors to avoid being seen and followed around.

 

When lunch hour came by, ChaeWon and BoYoung came home from the pharmacy while JoongKi came from the hospital to have lunch with Sur. It almost brought Sur to tears that they were so considerate of her. It was becoming a bit lonely alone in the big house. She stayed alone yes but her apartment wasn’t big.

After lunch, the trio went back to their respective workplaces and Sur went out a bit for a walk. She felt a bit pained that Baekhyun had not replied her last text and was quiet till the end of the day.

*

Unfortunately, Baekhyun failed to notice that he never got around to sending his last text. At the same time, Sur just decided to not be too expectant and remain quiet.

~`*`~

The next day, Baekhyun called Taeyeon and she actually answered.

“Hello?”

The sound of her voice drew a deep sigh of relief from Baekhyun. “Tae, finally I hear your voice.”

“Aaw, I’m sorry Baek. I get so busy sometimes and then I’m too tired to do anything afterwards.”

“It’s alright. I understand.”

“Aren’t you getting bored of the break already?”

“No. Not at all. I met an interesting person so it’s quite exciting.” Baekhyun thought it better to be transparent so that no suspicions would arise in the future.

“Oh! I’m happy for you Baek. I’d have loved to listen in more about this person but maybe we can Skype later. I’m tired right now.”

“Tae, mum is coming to China tomorrow for a workshop.”

“Really? That’s great. She’ll love it here. At least I know I do.”

“Should I come too?”

“Baek, you don’t need my go ahead for that.”

“You know why I’m asking that.”

“And you know my reply to that. Babe, let’s not go back to that conversation.”

“Noona, I’m scared.’

“Scared of what?”

“Everything is just not okay.”

“Uum, okay? Is it about you coming here? You know you can come to China, it’s a beautiful place to be in and maybe you can meet up with Lay and he’ll take you around.”

“It’s about us babe. I feel like we keep drifting apart. We don’t make time for each other anymore and it’s frustrating to say the least.”

Taeyeon took a deep breath before replying, “It’s my fault isn’t? I’m sorry babe, I don’t mean to always be this busy and you know that.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter