Miracles In December

Nobody Should Get Hurt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The looks on the faces of the people in the room were priceless as all nine members walked into the room swiftly with smiles on their faces. The moment of silence as minds came back to reality was interrupted when BoYoung let out a loud squeal, jumping from her position and jumping up and down while clapping her hands loudly.

“Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!” She kept repeating to herself. She couldn’t believe what she was seeing. 

“You’re seriously embarrassing me Youngie.” JoongKi said as he rose from his position by the desk, with a smile on his face, and towards the boys to usher them in.  “You came?” he asked Suho.

“Yes hyung. We heard the fan that got hurt is your relative so we came to visit her.”

The smile on Suho’s face made Sur’s heart melt. She wasn’t half as excited about Exo as BoYoung was but she knew very well how much of a privilege their presence right now was.

“Oh well, seems like she slightly hurt her head but she’ll be fine.” KwangSoo addressed their concerns.

“We’re glad to hear that. I suppose we should introduce ourselves right?” Suho said while consulting the other members with his eyes.

“No need!” BoYoung said in excitement. “I can do that for you. Should I provide the birthdays as well?” She looked over at Sur with a sparkle in her eyes. She was totally having so much fun.

Sur was in a bit of a daze but she still managed to shake her head. There was absolutely no need for that.

“I think I do remember all of you, thanks.” She responded with the best smile she could manage in her predicament.

“I suppose I should introduce everyone else instead.” JoongKi said.

The members all nodded in agreement. “Please do.” Suho said as they took sits in different parts of the room. Wherever there was a flat and strong surface, someone sat there.

“I’ll start with the most important,” JoongKi began as he half hugged his wife. “This is my beautiful and amazing wife, ChaeWon.” He finished with a small peck that had everyone cooing at the sight.

“Hyung, one day I want that.” Kai said out loud.

“You will Kai, if you find the right one.”

“How do you even know who the right one is?” Lay spoke more to himself than to everyone else.

“Well, set up an appointment for me to discuss that with you.” JoongKi said with a wink. “The overexcited and embarrassing Exo-L over there is my sister, BoYoung.”

“Oppa! I wasn’t being embarrassing. This doesn’t happen every day you know.”

 The members just laughed at her sweetness.

“And the injured girl here is Sur, she’s a great person if you get to know her.”

“It’s nice to know everyone.” Chanyeol said in his deep voice.

“So? Who is your favourite member?”Chen asked while wriggling his eyebrows.

BoYoung immediately jumped to answer, “I don’t have one.”

“How could that be? You must.” Sehun said with a pout.

“Really, there is something I like about each one of you. I think everyone became my favourite at some point.”

They all nodded in understanding before their gazes were directed to Sur.

“How about you?” Chen asked her.

“Me?” Sur looked a bit shocked at having the question directed at her. She raised a shy index finger towards Lay who clapped his hands once and made a thumbs up sign with an accompanying while and then sprang up and ran to her side.

“Good choice dear,” Lay said with a smile.

“Not fair!” Sehun pouted.

“Why him?” Kai grumbled sweetly.

“Well, he’s just special I guess.”

“I’m not satisfied with that answer.” Baekhyun spoke up.

“Yeah! Stop giving her a hard time for picking me.” Lay defended her while holding her hand.

Sur just managed a faint smile in appreciation. Lay’s hands were so warm against her cold ones.

“You are so cold.” He said while looking at her worriedly.

“And her blood pressure keeps getting lower, I’m sorry but I think she should rest now.” KwangSoo told everyone.

“How about that song before we leave?” Chanyeol asked and KwangSoo gave them a nod of approval. “So what’s your favourite song?”

Sur was having a hard time with her headache coming back but she still managed to whisper, “Miracle in December.”

“It makes her think of her late father though it’s a love song. She listens to it every day while remembering him.” BoYoung explained for her.

“Aaw!”, “Sorry about your dad.”, “That’s really sad” were comments and replies thrown around after the explanation. Sur just smiled at everyone as the three vocalists of the song stood up to sing for her.

To Sur, this all seemed surreal to her. As they sang she thought of her dad, the way he’d laugh, how loving he was to her, how much she loved him, her mistakes of grumbling to him sometimes, of not telling him how special he was to her up to the time he had fallen sick and died. Without realising it, tears started flowing down her cheeks and Lay hugged her in comfort. Everything that had happened in the last 24hours was so overwhelming to her. She was so happy but so tired. She drifted off into sweet slumber to Chen’s ballad voice as she laid her head on the crook of Lay’s shoulder.

After the song, the others started clapping loudly before Lay hushed them and told them she was now sleeping soundly. Baekhyun stood up and helped to make her lie down comfortably in her bed before KwangSoo injected something into her drip to raise her blood pressure a bit. They said hushed goodbyes and BoYoung insisted on hugging every one of them as they left. `Just simple hospitality right?`

*

When the boys left, they went straight for their examinations. In the car on their way to the dorm, they got to discuss the concert and their visit to the hospital. They all agreed that Sur’s Korean was good and that BoYoung was sweet.

“If she wasn’t a noona I’d have dated her.’ Kai spoke of BoYoung.

“Yah! What’s wrong about dating a noona?” Baekhyun questioned with a sharp tone.

“Nothing’s wrong hyung but it’s not for everyone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter