Something Can Be Done About That

Nobody Should Get Hurt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: slightly shorter than the previous chapters, sorry.

 

Nearby, the doctor was hurried to the members’ changing room. He had to make a quick check up on the members to make sure they were all okay, especially on Kai considering his recent injury.

“Hyung,” Suho sighed in relief when he saw Dr. Lee entering their room, “What took you so long.”

“There is a fan that got hurt and fainted. She is a foreigner so nurse Wang was scared that she wouldn’t be able to communicate with her when she came to.” Dr. Lee replied as he ran a quick physical exam on Kai.

“Oh!” Lay turned immediately towards the doctor. “Will she be okay then? The fan?”

Everyone turned their attention to the doctor. The last thing they all wanted was for someone to get hurt during their concert. They had sincerely hoped all their fans would have a fun experience and a good report about the concert but now someone was hurt, and a foreigner at that.

“She had a hard blow to the head and she hadn’t regained her consciousness fully by the time I came here. I think she’ll be fine though.”

“Hyung, may I please come with you to check on her?” Baekhyun requested, to everyone’s amusement.

“No Baek,” Suho chipped in. “We have to go back onstage. Hyung will take good care of her.”

“But we need to show all our fans some care.” Baekhyun debated.

The other members quickly hummed in approval to what Baekhyun had said.

“Alright, I get you guys. Hyung, can you keep her around until the end of the show?”

“I had already called in the ambulance to come and get her. Was just waiting to do this check up on you and get Dr. Song here to continue with you guys. She needs to have tests run on her to make sure she is fine. Maybe one of you can visit her at the hospital once you’re done. I won’t be discharging her soon so call me.”

They all nodded to him as they got out on their way to the stage.

*

“How is she?” Dr. Lee asked as he got into the room where Sur was.

“I just gave her a shot of ibuprofen. She can speak Korean and she told me she had a bad headache.”

“Alright you did well. The paramedics are coming in and I’ll go with her to the hospital. Dr. Song will be taking over soon. You filled in all her details?” he asked as her reached for the patient questionnaire in her hand.

“Not really. Her speech isn’t coherent yet.”

“Did you communicate with anyone through her phone?”

“Several messages seem to have come through but there wasn’t a call so I couldn’t. It’s got a password.”

“It’s okay. Will ask her to call someone as soon as she is well.”

“Alright doctor.”

They exchanged goodbyes as the paramedics came in and the doctor soon walked out behind them and Sur.

*

Sur kept drifting in and out of sleep. The pain was now less but she felt extremely exhausted and just wanted to rest. She felt her phone vibrate several times but she didn’t have enough energy to be bothered. She would call someone as soon as she had the strength. She registered her transport from the room into an ambulance and then a hospital. Everything came in spurts and she chose to ignore everything. She felt like she was in good hands and didn’t worry herself much over things she wouldn’t have the energy to fight about.

The doctor allowed the young girl to sleep through most of the physical examinations he did on her.  He asked the nurse to call him as soon as she woke up so he could do the remaining tests and examine the full extent of her injury. From the physical examination, there didn’t seem to be any major injuries and she would be well in a week or two.

Sur woke up with a drip attached to her hands and the sound of a heartbeat monitor beeping rather slowly. She checked her reading and frowned when she noticed her blood pressure was pretty low but she otherwise felt fine, at least no more headache. The nurse asked her if she was well and she nodded.

The doctor soon came in to take her details and finish the examination. She rubbed her temples in thought when he asked her who her next of kin was.

“Miss Sur, are you okay? Do you feel pain in your head?”

“Huh? No, no! Sorry, was just thinking.”

“You were thinking about who your next of kin is?”

“Yes, isn’t you would want someone to report to about my health issues?”

“Yes, that’s right. Your guardian.”

“I was thinking I can’t give you my mother’s details cause she would worry too much and my brother is too busy anyway. So, write Mrs. Song ChaeWon.”

“Oh! You mean Dr. Song’s wife?” Dr. Lee sounded genuinely surprised.

“Yes that’s her.”

“Oh, you’re the Sur?” Now he was looking completely delighted.

“Okay? I’m getting confused.” Sur furrowed her eyes in question.

“I’m Lee Kwan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter