But Just Another End?

Nobody Should Get Hurt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meanwhile in the Song household, the family of three was debating on whether to have supper without Sur.

“We can keep her supper in the refrigerator oppa and she can microwave it when she comes back.” BoYoung pleaded with JoongKi.

“Exactly what I’ve been trying to tell him all this while.” ChaeWon added.

“All I’m saying is we might make her feel unwelcomed if we do that.” JoongKi debated.

“Trust me, she feels more that welcome here. She has already moved in completely and she always says she appreciates the feeling of family she has here.”

“Fine. We can eat if she feels like that. If it were you I wouldn’t have waited so I’ll do the same to her.”

BoYoung stuck out her tongue at him and ran into the kitchen to help ChaeWon serve their supper.

*

Only after their water had gone too cool did Sur and Baekhyun finally leave the bathroom. When they had dried up and dressed into comfortable clothes, Baekhyun suggested they go downstairs and order something for supper. At the mention of supper, Sur suddenly remembered that she had not communicated with the others at home.

“Omo! I haven’t called unnie to tell her I won’t be coming home and my phone is switched off!” She exclaimed as she scrambled for her phone on the couch where they had previously been. When she found it she switched it on and immediately four voice messages came through from BoYoung. “I’m in trouble.” She said to Baekhyun while showing him the phone.

“What did she say?”

“Let me play it.”

@17.45 : “Hey Sur. We just got back from work. Are you okay and having fun?”

@18.30 “It would be lovely to hear from you. I’m not gonna start worrying yet cause you’re a big girl, apparently.”

“Yep she is now.” Baekhyun commented with a wink followed by a chuckle after Sur hit him lightly on his arm.

19.30 : “Oppa doesn’t want to eat supper without you and I’m starving. Because of you! Say something! I hope you’re okay though. What is it you’re doing anyway?”

“She is getting angry.” Sur whispered to Baekhyun.

“And it’s getting scary.” They both laughed at that before playing the last voice message.

22:30 “Yah! Chik Sur noh! Where are you? Are you gonna kill hyeongsu(older brother’s wife) of stress again? If you don’t call in thirty minutes, I’m gonna call the police on you and whoever you’re with will be jailed for kidnapping! I mean it. Call now.”

They both checked the time without talking and let out a sigh of relief. They still had ten minutes before their time was up. Sur quickly dialled BoYoung’s number and put her on loud speaker.

“I don’t wanna face her wrath alone. At least just listen in.” She answered Baekhyun’s unspoken question at why the call was put on loud speaker.

“Yah! Chik Sur noh!”

“I’m sorry unnie. I switched off my phone.”

“Thank heavens you’re talking properly and sound sober. Where are you?”

“I’m at a friend’s place and I’m spending the night.”

“Friend?”

“Yes. I umm met up with someone. We umm went to high school together? It was a surprise and I’m sleeping over. Yeah, that’s it.”

“Why aren’t you mentioning the gender of this person?”

“Unnie, I’m sorry for not telling you earlier. My apologies to the two lovers there. Love you unnie. Bye.”

She didn’t give her a chance to ask any further and hung up.

“She so knows you’re with a guy right now.” He said after the click of the call ending.

“Yep but I didn’t say that.”

“How did you think of that?”

“Think of what?”

“The old high school friend lie.”

“Oh that. I don’t know. I kind of just said it?”

He decided to change the subject. He wasn’t sure why he felt bad that she had to lie about who he is to her friend. It kinda gnawed on him that these were the cons of a celebrity and he felt apologetic to her. “Pizza or Chinese?”

“What?”

“The food. Pizza or Chinese?”

“Oh. I should try the Chinese. I plan on going to China after my exchange program here.”

He decided to put aside his many questions for later. Now he was hungry and so he ordered the food and put a short movie for them to watch while waiting.

*

“She ain’t coming back.” BoYoung gave the feedback to the couple lounging downstairs.

“Why not?” ChaeWon asked.

“Well, she says she met an old friend and she is sleeping over.”

“Old friend here in Korea? Is it a guy?” JoongKi questioned.

“She didn’t tell me the gender of the person but she is a big girl. I’m pretty sure she can take care of herself oppa.”

“You’re right. We should head to bed babe.” ChaeWon said.

“Right behind you.” JoongKi answered.

After his wife had left, he looked at his sister. “I absolutely don’t like this Youngie. You know Sur is new here and besides us she has no other friends. What are you hiding?”

BoYoung was kinda offended by that, “Oppa really, I know noth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter