RENT 12 - Bye, Babe

MOBSTER FOR RENT SEQUEL: The Dragon Head
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

credits: tarozuki

   

credits: ninjawu

credits: anonymous banner fairy

credits: ISHIEMARU

 

 

Writer’s Note:

What I had in mind for Nana of MFR1 was Nana of After School. She’s the Yakuza princess and she’s already dead. The Mafia princess was Kahi of After School. This was in my previous writer’s notes >.<

For Nana of MFR2, I’ve mentioned before that I won’t indicate her surname so you can envision any Nana you want. It seems most of you are picturing Nana Komatsu since she was also the one used in the banners sent to me. Again, this is fan fiction and it does not, in any way, reflect the behavior/attitude of the people used as characters.

Enjoy the chap, mobsters!

To all Blackjacks, GROUP HUGGGG!! T_T It was a tough week for us, but let’s all wish our girls success in whatever they plan for the future.

 

credits: tarozuki

_____________________________________________________________

 

Dara's heart clenched when she opened her eyes and felt the familiar warmth at her back – with Jiyong's arms draped around her, hugging her from behind. The pain of seeing Jiyong and Nana together still lingered in her mind.

 

She gingerly got off the bed and almost toppled the therapy oil at the bedside table as she staggered on her way to the bathroom. She stared sullenly at the mirror, noticing her puffy eyes from crying all night. Her body felt lighter though, her tensed muscles gone, probably because of a good cry she had.

 

After showering, she rummaged her closet and pulled just about any clothes from the neatly folded stack. The Triads Party was scheduled at night and she planned on buying a formal dress that morning.

 

She heard Jiyong's footsteps as she quietly sipped her coffee in the kitchen. The guy had already showered and was already dressed up. Remembering what she saw, her grip on her mug tightened and the bubbling rage she was trying to suppress since last night arose.

 

"Good morning-..." Jiyong froze when Dara shifted her face away from his kiss, her eyes avoiding him. "What's this about again?"

 

Dara shot up to her feet and was about to walk past him but Jiyong gripped her upper arm, preventing her to leave.

 

"Let go," she hissed.

 

"What's this about?" He narrowed his eyes at her, his irritation mounting. "The day is just starting and you're this irate again? Can't I have a decent conversation with you?"

 

Dara chuckled mockingly. "Funny. I tried so many times to talk to you but you always dismiss me. Why don't you just talk to Nana instead? You seemed to be having a blast talking with her," she spat out, wiggling away from his grip.

 

"So, this is about Nana again?" He drew a deep breath, seemingly exhausted. "What is it this time? Is it because I invited her to join us for dinner?" He asked disbelievingly, like her behaviour was so unreasonable that he couldn't quite comprehend what she was furious about.

 

"I saw you two in a restaurant after dinner. You even invited her here before to play with Kung Pao. I saw you getting touchy with her at the firing range. How much more should I see, Jiyong?"

 

"We're not doing anything wrong! Nana works for us that's why you're always seeing us together. Isn't Donghae your officemate and your friend? You're also hanging out with him, so why am I being fried for being with Nana? She's in danger that's why I walked her home last night."

 

"Wow. What's next, huh? Should you just stay in her apartment then so you can guard her and ensure her safety?"

 

"This is getting really ridiculous, Dara."

 

"You know I don't feel comfortable about you two being so close, but you just shrug it off. You don't even do anything to reassure me that I shouldn't be worried about anything!" She erupted in rage.

 

"You shouldn't be worried about anything! Is that reassurance enough?!" He shot back, making her shut her eyes firmly with the anger she was trying to swallow down. She turned her gaze at the guy again, indescribable exhaustion engulfing her.

 

"I can't talk to you right now," she mumbled.

 

"Yeah? Well, neither can I. You're becoming impossible to talk to."

 

Jiyong stormed out of the place before she could utter anything. Dara pounded her chest with her closed fist, trying to even out her breathing. The pain was becoming worse as days passed by. She was growing tired of their fights. She was fed up with his stubborn refusal in admitting that there was indeed something wrong in their relationship. She was exhausted in pretending to be fine whenever she sees Jiyong and Nana together. She was very, very tired of it all.

 

And she wondered how long she could last.

 

_____________________________________________________________

 

Nana twirled around the mirror, her face a picture of excitement and delight as she inspected her dress. It would be her first time to attend a party and her first time in wearing a very elegant dress. They were at a formal dress boutique, an establishment in the long list of front businesses owned by the Triads which were used for backdoor dealings.

 

"Is this okay, boss?" She asked while smiling. Her smile faltered when she saw Jiyong staring blankly at the mirror while fixing his tie. "Boss?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Uhm...Is this okay?" She repeated, showing him her dress.

 

"Yeah," he replied without much thought.

 

Nana watched as he undid his tie again while cursing under his breath. He was smiling last night when she asked him if he could accompany her for dinner again while going through the Triad list of artifacts. The dinner Dara prepared barely filled her stomach and she knew Jiyong was the same, which was why she gathered up her courage and invited him out. Jiyong made her memorize all the Triad officials in preparation for the party and described each official in full details, making sure that she would easily recognize them once she encounters them. While they were eating, he also reminded her of her duty as the Triad secretary, which was odd since she had already been briefed of her duties before. Did he forget? Perhaps the stress was getting to him.

 

He looked tired and restless for the past weeks and she knew it was because of Dara. The girl always gets their boss riled up over things which she couldn't understand. If she was in her position, she would make Jiyong happy. If it was her, she would not argue with him over trivial matters. If it was her, she would always make him smile.

 

"Boss, we're ready," Youngbae said, grabbing their attention. Youngbae, TOP, Daesung and Seungri stood by the door without a trace of smile on their faces, their firm gazes focused on them.

 

Jiyong darted his eyes on the four before throwing a glance at Nana, noticing the girl becoming rigid with the stiff attitude of his sworn brothers. He sighed and offered his hand to the girl.

 

"Let's go," he said.

 

_____________________________________________________________

 

Just like the previous Triads party that Dara attended, the display of wealth and power in the venue was unparalleled. All mobster power figures were gathered in the humongous dance hall of Century Dragon Hotel which was owned by the Triads and where the office of the current White Paper Fan was located. Everyone was oozing with power and authority clad in the most expensive suits. It was a scene she already got used to because of spending her years in the mobsters' world.

 

Her eyes settled on Nana who was visibly shaken by the intimidating figures all around the place. She had been trailing behind Jiyong and the guy was formally introducing her to the new generation of Triad officials as Mr. Tang's replacement. She couldn't help the tinge of pain pinching inside her as she watched how Jiyong guided the girl, making sure that she was beside him all the time. It was like when he first introduced her to his world.

 

She tore her gaze off them and roamed around, smiling curtly at everyone she came across. She felt like an outsider, and it was making her chest hurt. She used to be very comfortable in these kinds of gatherings because Jiyong was always beside her. But now, another woman was beside him. Secretary? Was it reason enough for him to let her be? Did he think that since she was already accustomed to the Triads party, there was no need to stick by her?

 

Dara looked down at her gown and sighed. She was wearing a long, off-shoulder purple gown that brought out the milky color of her skin. She wanted to look good for him and though she didn't want to admit it, she was looking forward to the party thinking that they would have time together, which they barely have nowadays.

 

"You look like you need a drink." Haejin's voice behind her startled the girl. "I rarely attend these kinds of party, but I'm glad someone can accompany me in being a wallflower." He stepped forward and handed her a glass of cocktail before raising his own glass at her. "Cheers," he said flatly.

 

Dara didn't even have the strength to argue with him, too weak to think of a retort to his taunting. Haejin roamed his gaze on the girl's features, noticing the changes in her. She was b with life before, but the girl he was seeing at that moment seemed to be so lost...defeated even. Just like his mother. His grip on his glass tightened as he shifted his cold eyes at their Dragon Head who was chatting with the other Triad officials with Nana beside him.

 

He warned him, but he didn't listen. Jiyong was well aware how he felt about women belonging to the normal world being dragged in their hell. He was well aware how his mother, a woman who used to have a promising future but was blinded by her love for his mobster father, ended up being ruined...ended up killing herself in front of him after his father continued neglecting the signs of her depression. She was so beautiful and full of life, just like Dara. But the darkness of the underworld consumed her. It didn't help that his father was too absorbed in his duties as a Triad official and failed to see the growing changes in his mother.

 

He was so young back then, and witnessing his mother taking her life in front of him gave him a very twisted view of the world. Choices. People should be given choices. He remembered looking at his mother's corpse and thinking what if he was smart enough to give her a choice of escaping the hell that she was shoved into. What if he had the power to weave and push things the way he wanted to?

 

The world is a chessboard and only those with carefully planned steps will win. It doesn't matter how strong you are. It doesn't matter how cautious you are. Planned steps. Sacrifices and pawns.

 

When the music started playing, Dara's somber gaze was glued at Jiyong and Nana. She was praying that Jiyong would look for her. She was hoping that he would remember how he was in the previous Triads party. He was so reluctant to even let the other Triad officials dance with her then. He would scowl at each partner swap, not letting her out of his sight even once. But now...

 

She bit her bottom lip, her eyebrows tightly mashed together when he saw him ushering Nana to the dance floor.

 

"I guess that answered my question," Haejin remarked. Dara dragged her gaze towards the guy. She almost forgot that he was standing beside her all along.

 

"What question?"

 

"I asked you before if you believe you and Jiyong will last. You said: Who knows? But we won't know until we try." He shifted his head towards her, his blank, stony gaze making it impossible for the girl to discern what was on his mind. "Haven't you tried hard enough?" He asked after a while.

 

clogged up with what he said. Was she the only one trying to make things work? Did it seem that way?

 

"Is it still worth fighting for?"

 

Her eyes widened a bit, slightly parting but the words wouldn't come out of . What was she fighting for? What kind of relationship was she trying to hold on to?

 

"Isn't it time to stop?"

 

Isn't it time to stop?

 

_____________________________________________________________

 

 

Park Haejin (new Deputy Mountain Master)

 

Dara was about to get her purse she left in the car before retiring to the executive suite which Jiyong reserved for them, but she opted to roam the hotel garden first to breathe some fresh air. She sat on one of the concrete ornamental benches overlooking the ongoing party and wondered if Jiyong was looking for her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter