Chapter 11

Goldfish

Bam! The door swinged open and three gamemasters came rushing in. They spotted their comrade on the floor and one of them kneed down to pick up Jessica's heel. 

"It's a female..." he gave a hard long look before stating.

Well, isn't it obvious?

"Judging by position of the heels, she has ran out of the cafeteria!" he claimed with utmost confident, "We should search for a lady without shoes!"

And with that, he went ahead out of the cafeteria on his search mission while the other two carried their comrade's body out.

That was close! But we weren't be able to know if that dude had spotted our hiding place. Furthermore, they'll be searching for Jessica once the light again! We needed to find a new pair of shoes for her.

"We'll get you some shoes later!" I whispered, "Just stay here until we get back!"

"And why must I listen to you?!" She retorted before a deafening scream was heard.

We both paused for a moment before I gave a big grin, "because that's what will happen to you yeah."

She gulped and kept quiet.

We got down and hid under the table. Once the light , we mixed in with the crowd to queue for some food before making our way to the hall.

How are we going to find shoes here? Do we grab some random lady's? But the gamemasters would mistake her for Jessica and we would be the guilty ones.

Just then, a lady collapsed in front of us and we rushed over to help but Yoona was the first to reach and proceeded to check on her.

"Are you oka..." her voice trailed off as she backed away.

"Sh...sh...she's dead..." she pointed at the lady, pupils dilated and trembling with fear.