Early Morning Messages

The Troublesome Wheepup

4.00 AM

Bzzz...Bzzz....

Still sleepy and disoriented, Moonbyul blindly reached for the offending buzzing device that is her phone.

Peeking with one eye, Moonbyul frowned as she read the kakaotalk message from Sandeul and became instantly awake.

Sandeulgi : Hey Byul, is Wheein seeing anyone?

Moonstar:   Why?

Sandeulgi : Just asking, so, is she?

Moonbyul looked at the words on her phone screen and somehow felt a slight irritation.

Moonstar:  ‘Are you interested or something?

She didn’t have to wait long for the answer to appear.

Sandeulgi: Well, your company doesn’t have dating ban, right?

Moonstar:  ‘Dude, you didn’t answer my question.’  Moonbyul typed back quickly.

Sandeulgi: Uh... well, sort of... for, you know, someone I know is asking me to ask you.’

Moonbyul's frown deepened.

Moonstar:  ‘Who?

Sandeulgi: Just, you know, someone. So, is she seeing anyone or not?

Moonstar:  ‘Maybe...

Sandeulgi: ‘Really? Too bad... who?

Moonstar:  ‘Maybe yes, Maybe not *merong*’

Sandeulgi: ‘YA! I'm being serious here.

Moonstar:  ‘Am being serious as well when I asked you who is interested.

Sandeulgi: ‘Ya, Moon Byul Yi, why so mysterious?? I'll buy you dinner if you just answer me, come on....

Moonstar:  ‘You have her number, why don’t you ask her yourself?’ Moonbyul typed back, her irritation increasing.

Sandeulgi: ‘I did! But she's being coy, just like you.

Moonbyul raised an eyebrow at the answer, curious.

Moonstar:  ‘Really? What did she say?

Sandeulgi: ‘That of course she's seeing someone. She can see everybody because she has eyes.

Moonbyul chuckled, that is typical Wheein.

Moonstar:  ‘Well, she's being honest.

Sandeulgi: ‘That's why i ask you! Is she dating anyone?

Moonstar:  ‘Did you ask her that?

Sandeulgi: ‘I did....

Moonstar:  ‘And?

Sandeulgi: ‘She told me that yes, she went on dates.

Moonbyul frowned once again by the answer. Wheepup went on dates that she didn’t know?

Sandeulgi: ‘She told me to check on the fancafe memo, she went on beach date with Hyejin and movie dates with you. I mean, man...

The rapper snorted, grinning as she typed, ‘Well, that's true though.

Sandeulgi: ‘So I asked her if she's in a relationship with someone....

Moonbyul waited with anticipation for the answer, and laughed a little when she saw what Sandeul typed.

Sandeulgi: ‘She said that of course she is, since she's someone's daughter and in a very committed relationship with the other Mamamoo members.

A sighing icon popped up along with, ‘So I asked whether she has a boyfriend?

Moonstar:  ‘And?’ Moonbyul's heart beat just a little bit faster.

Sandeulgi: ‘She listed off all her friends that are boys.

Moonbyul clasped to prevent her from laughing out.

Sandeulgi: ‘You know what? I think she is seeing someone and just want to keep it under wrap, I get it though. With all the possible scandal and stuff, I just wish she could just tell me. It’s not like I will tell anybody.

Moonstar:  ‘Well, you would have to tell whoever it is asking you to asked me.’ Replied Moonbyul, still bothered by the thought that there is someone out there who is interested in her Wheepup.

Sandeulgi: ‘Ah right, so... what about you? Seeing anyone?

Moonbyul snorted, ‘Talk to you later, dude.

She was about to put her hand phone down, when another message bubble popped out. She almost dismissed it as Sandeul when she noticed that it was Jin that was messaging her.

Jin-nie: ‘Hey.

Yo.’ Moonbyul typed back and looked at the time stamp and wondered whether all idols are morning person or simply didnt sleep or something.

Jin-nie:  ‘Do you want to go out for drinks?’  

Moonstar:  ‘Sure, but we are preparing for a comeback, so we'll be busy.

Jin-nie  :  ‘AH, Right, But you’ll still have time in between right?’

Moonstar:  ‘I guess, but I have to check with manager unnie though.

Jin-nie  :  ‘Awesome, hey do you think you could bring Wheein-ssi with you as well?’

Moonbyul frowned, a huge question mark forming in her mind. Okay, seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

Moonstar: ‘Are you with Sandeul or something?’

Jin-nie  :  ‘What? No. Why?’

Moonstar:  ‘Nothing. Like I said, we’re all busy preparing for our comeback. Beside, I dont know her personal schedule.’

Jin-nie  :  ‘Just text me when you and Wheein-ssi are available. Oh, will someone be mad if she hangout with us?

Moonstar:  ‘Someone?’  

Moonbyul somehow predicted the way this conversation was going and she didn’t like it even a bit.

Jin-nie  :  ‘Yep, like a boyfriend or something.

Moonbyul groaned. Something was definitely fishy here. She racked her brain on who could possibly got both Sandeul and Jin to asked her about Wheein. Was it someone from their 92 lines group?

Moonstar:  ‘First Sandeul, Now it’s you. Dude, what is going on?’

Jin-nie  :  ‘Sandeul already messaged you?’

Moonstar:  ‘Well, Duh! Now, seriously, who’s actually asking???’

Moonbyul waited for 5 minutes, but no other reply came through. The silver haired rapper rolled her eyes and was about to put down her phone when another message popped up.

Minhyuk-BTOB:Hey. Are you awake?

Moonstar:  ‘Hi, Oppa. How are you?’

Minhyuk-BTOB:  ‘Sorry for messaging you out of the blue.’

Moonstar:  ‘It’s okay, what is it?’

Minhyuk-BTOB:  ‘Ahh, I don’t know how to ask you this?’

Moonbyul frowned again. With the amount of frowning she's been doing this morning, she would develop wrinkles on her forehead soon.

Moonstar:  ‘What is it?’

Minhyuk-BTOB:  Do you want to have drinks sometimes? With the other members of course.’

Moonstar:  ‘do you have a particular member in mind?’  Moonbyul cant help but replied a little bit sarcastically, not with the type of messages that she’d been getting.

Minhyuk-BTOB:  ‘Well... I heard that you introduced Sandeul with Wheein-ssi?’

What is wrong with today and guys asking her about Wheepup!!??

Moonstar:  ‘You want to collaborate with Wheeinie as well? Is that why you’re asking? Are you preparing for a solo? Waoow that's awesome oppa! Congratulations!’

Minhyuk-BTOB:  ‘Hahaha no, no plan for a solo just yet. But I won’t mind collaborating with Wheein-ssi. But no, its just that Sungjae has been bothering me to text you and set up a meet up with all of you. I think he already messaged Hwasa-ssi as well, but didnt get a reply or something. ’

Moonbyul was incredulous, what is she? A matchmaker or something?

Moonstar: ‘Oppa, let me just guess what your next question would be. You would gently ask me whether Wheeinie is seeing someone now, right?’

Minhyuk-BTOB:  ‘ㅎㅎㅎ how did you know?

Moonstar: ‘Well, you’re not the first person who asked me this. So... tell Sungjae-ssi that Wheein is in a very committed relationship.’ Typed Moonbyul. Well if that was the answer that Wheein gave Sandeul, she's not lying, right? She just omitted the part about committed to the Mamamoo's member.

Minhyuk-BTOB:  ‘It’s not Sungjaeㅋㅋㅋ but yeah, he will need to inform his bestfriend that thenㅋㅋㅋ. Ah, I should've thought so. I mean, that girl is really sweet.

Moonbyul ignored the last message and put down her phone on the stand beside her bed. Her mood turning sour by the second.

“Unnie, who are you messaging with? Why the long face?” A scratchy voice heavy with sleep distracted her from her thoughts.

Moonbyul looked at the sleeping girl beside her, and smiled gently. Her hand reached out and the newly dark hair, “Nobody's important, go back to sleep baby.”

She pressed a gentle kiss on Wheein's forehead as the younger girl mumbled an okay and snuggled deeper into her embrace, going back to sleep.

Moonbyul sighed, her hand the puppy face gently. Yes, her Wheepup is indeed very sweet and need to be protected at all cost.

She quickly fell back into slumber, still holding the younger girl in her arms, unaware that another message popped up on her phone.

Jin-nie  :  ‘Byul, what do you think about our Taehyung? He’s cute right?

***

Moonbyul woke up a couple of hours later when she heard the yelling and the unmistakable laughter of her Wheepup. Padding slowly to her bedroom door, she took a peek and saw what all the commotion was about.

The new gift that Wheein received, another mini car since her first one was broken, was being ride on and used to chase Yongsun unnie all over their apartment.

Yongsun, running and yelling at the same time for Wheein to stop chasing her only caused the Wheepup to accelerate her car and bumped it into their unnie's legs.

‘YA! JUNG WHEEIN!!!’

Moonbyul smiled, yes, her Wheepup is indeed sweet, but maybe just maybe, she can be a little bit evil as well.

 

RBW Official Announcement

 

Dear MooMoos,

We are truly thankful with all of the gifts that you are giving to our members. Our girls appreciate and love it so much. Unfortunately, with all sincerity and humbleness, we hope that such gifts would not include moving objects that could be use as vehicle. Thank you very much for your understanding.

P.S: No drone as well, please. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

An update because I was bored.