Spaces and Alone Time

The Troublesome Wheepup

"Children!! I'm home!!" A tired but smiling Yongsun walked into their apartment, dragging her suitcase and carrying multiple shopping bags.

Wheein bounded towards her, the biggest grin adorning her face, before she practically jumped and enveloped Yongsun in a bear hug. "You're back!!!"

Yongsun laughed, "Yes, wow do you miss me that much?” Wheein nodded with her head still burried into Yongsun’s neck and tightened her hold.

“Wheein-ah, you're holding me too tight!" Yongsun strangled sound made Wheein to let go reluctantly.

Seeing the tired lines on Yongsun's face and the way she struggled just to stand up on her two feet, she quickly took the shopping bags, "Here, let me help you with that."

"Thanks." The eldest patted the Wheepup head affectionately before realizing just how quiet the apartment were, "Where are the others?"

"Still on their mini vacation. Byulyie unnie should be home soon though, her return flight was two hours ago. Hyejin will return tommorow morning. How's Dubai??? I want my present!"

Yongsun laughed, "It’s in one of the shopping bags you're holding."

Wheein gasped and quickly peeked through all of the shopping bags, "Where? Where? What did you get me? Is there any food in here?" She sniffed the shopping bags as well, "I don’t smell any chocolate though."

Already familiar with the Wheepup antiques, the dark haired young woman only smile indulgently, "It's all wrapped up, but yes, there are packs of chocolate inside and liquor." The leader winked at her at the last part.

"HUZZAH!! Drinking party!!!"  Wheein started twerking while singing "work, work, work, work, work..."

Yongsun laughed out loud as she opened the door to her bedroom, when....

"TWEEEEEEETTTT!!!!"

A loud air horn sound blasted through the apartment, and Yongsun scream.

Heart pounding, ear ringing, she faintly heard Wheein laughing her off, until she fell down on the floor, giggling, "Muahahahahaha, unnie, you should see your face."

Still in daze, Yongsun saw a can of air horn duck taped to the wall near the door, so when she opened the door and it touched, the air horn would blasted off its ear splitting sounds, "Ya! Jung Wheein, do you want me to get a heart attack???"

Wheein giggled, "Awww come on unnie, look at it as a celebration of you coming home."

Sighing, Yongsun could only shook her head before once again stopped dead on her track. Balloons. Balloons everywhere in rainbow colours peppered her room, with a huge glittered welcome home banner taped on the wall behind her bed.

“Welcome home, unnie.” Wheein gave her the sweetest of smile, her cheek dimpling and happiness radiated from the puppy face.

Rubbing her temple in frustration, Yongsun gave Wheein an annoyed look, “I really just want to sleep, and now I have to clean all of this mess.”

Wheein’s smile faltered, she put down the shopping bags on the floor near the door, “Just take a shower then, unnie. I’ll clean up the mess.” And without another words left the room, ignoring Yongsun’s voice calling her name.

***

Putting the last of her stuff on to her back pack, Wheein was startled when she saw Moonbyul leaning on her doorframe, just watching her in silence.

“Hey, welcome back. How’s your vacation?”

Moonbyul sighed, “What have you done this time, puppy? You must’ve done something, because Yongsun unnie was upset when I got back home, but she didnt tell me why. I saw the emptied out balloons inside the garbage bin though.”

“So you’re here to scold me? Or to give me another house rules involving air horn and balloons? Go ahead then.” She gestured toward the wall on the section of the room which she used for lounging. There, instead of plain paint, the wall was covered with pieces of old paper with each of the house rules written in a neat handwriting. Tiny string lights peppered across the empty spaces like the constellation.

Astonishment written all over Moonbyul’s face when she saw the wall art, her first thought was when did the puppy have the time to do it? And her second was, has it been that long since she steps into the younger girl room until she didn’t know about it?

“Wheein-ah, it’s not about the rules or anything, it’s just that you need to be more considerate when doing your pranks. You know that Yongsun unnie was tired and....”

Wheein put her hand up and stopped Moonbyul from talking further, “Geez, unnie, I’am being considerate. I just want to welcome her back with a pretty surprise. I even tied the balloons into boxes and positioned them surrounding the bed so that the balloons wont just scattered everywhere. But you dont know that, right? Because, you just jumped into conclusion that I tricked your precious Yongsun.”

She zipped up her backpack and hauled it into her shoulder, alarming the speechless Moonbyul.

“Where are you going? It’s late and... and we have schedule tomorrow.”

Wheein scoffed, “Yes, I know we have schedule tomorrow, dont worry I’ll see you all at the beauty salon tommorow.”

Moonbyul grasped Wheein’s forearm as she passed the rapper, “Where are you going, honestly Wheein, why are you being like this.”

Shrugging off Moonbyul’s hold, she glared at the older woman, “Anywhere but here.”

“Wheein....”

The smaller girl sighed, “Look unnie, We’ll have a comeback soon, I think its best if we have some space from each other. Beside, getting a break from having me as housemate, oh gosh, it would be heavenly right? I mean looked at that wall, it barely has any space left.  Just... Let’s do this for the team sakes.”

Moonbyul heard the soft click sound of the room door closing and soon after another sound from the front door.  Yet, she was rooted to the spot. Her brain still processing what just happened in the span of 10 minutes. She looked at the bright lights from the tiny string lights, illuminating the many rules that they created, and suddenly it was hard to breath.

It started out as a joke, then it became a habit to put up another rule everytime Wheein came up with another prank, and then... it became just what Wheein said, rules. Actual rules to constrict the puppy adventurous and happy go lucky nature.   

“Ah !” Moonbyul dashed through the room, hoping that she still be able to catched up with the younger girl.

Grabbing her wallet and car key in a hurry, she ignored Yongsun’s worried voice asking her what happened and almost slammed the door in her haste. She pressed the elevator button repeatedly, murmuring ‘come on, come on’ then cursed when the elevator still on its way ascending, ‘Wheein already in the lobby then.’

Foregoing the elevator, she went into the emergency stair, jumping down the steps in a hurry to get to younger girl.

“WHEEIN!!” she bellowed when she saw the younger girl standing near the apartment complex entrance and broke into a run.

A bit short of breath, she stood in front of the still silent puppy, “You’re right, I should’ve listened to your explanation first. I’m sorry.”

Hand crossed across her chest, Wheein just stared at Moonbyul, “That’s it? Can’t you be more genuine when saying sorry?”

“Ya! I just went down 45 flight of stairs just to get to you, how much more genuine do you want me to be?”

Frustrated, Wheein stomped her foot and glared at the rapper, “See, the thing is unnie, I don’t want you to have to say sorry... Why do you always take Yongsun unnie side? Am I really that bad? Or is it simply because you like her more than me? Is it because she’s prettier....”

Moonbyul gaped at the younger girl in disbelief before engulfing her into her embrace, “What nonsense are you saying? You know that I love you to the moon and back!”

Fighting back her tears, Wheein pushed away from the older woman, “Well, you have a funny way of showing it.”

Hand unconciously went to her own chest, Moonbyul rubbed the non-existence rope tightening her heart away. “Wheeinnie... Please, I really am sorry, I shoud’ve known better....”

“Yes, you should have. But you acted like you dont. Unnie, you’re tired, we have schedule tommorow and I just need sometime away from all of you. We’ll talk more tomorrow, my uber ride will be here soon.”

“Then, I’ll go with you! I will not let you go by yourself alone.”

Throwing her hands up in the air in frustration Wheein yelled at the blond woman, “Ya! Which part of me wanting to be alone that didn’t registered in that dense brain of yours?”

“The part of me that would be worried sick if I did let you go by yourself, you idiot!”

“Ya!” Wheein pushed Moonbyul on her shoulder, more confused than ever with her own feelings, unsure whether she’s mad at Moonbyul for being pushy, or mad at herself for being childish at the moment.

Moonbyul sighed and carressed Wheein’s face softly, “Please let me be with you this time, Wheerunnie, I wont be able to forgive myself knowing that I hurt you and left you be alone tonight.”

Wheein sniffed, “You’re an idiot.”

“Well, yes, I’m. But.... I’m your idiot.”

Wheein snorted, “Oh my god, I can’t believe you can still be greasy at this time.”

Moonbyul shrugged grinning from ear to ear, “Greasiness is in my blood, what can I say.”

The two stood still in companiable silence when a black car pulled up in front of them and the driver lowered the car window, “Wheein-shi?”

Startled, Wheein looked at the waiting car and the hopefull face of Moonbyul, before sighing, “I’m sorry, can I cancel my order?”

“Sure, but we will still charge you since I’m already here though.”

“Ah, its okay, I’m sorry for wasting your time.” Wheein bowed briefly and watched as the car move passed them after a short acknowlegment by the driver.

“So.... I still dont feel like going up. What to do know?”

“We could always check into the hotel.”

“What!?” Wheein’s face instantly turned red and Moonbyul cant help but laughed at her.

“Holysh... I live with a bunch of erts! Ya! We could just check into the hotel and sleep, that way you’ll have your time alone and I wont be worried sick thinking about what sort of trouble that you will get yourself into!”

“Trouble? What trouble? Ya! I’m not a troublesome type of sort!”

Moonbyul pulled Wheein into her embrace and brushed a kiss on her forehead, “Yes you are, but its okay, you’re my troublesome puppy anyway. Come on, I’ll drive, you pick the hotel.”  

 

Mamamoo’s Fancafe: Wheein’s Daily Memo

MooMoos, do you miss me? I miss you all so much, but dont worry!! We will see each other really soon. Just be patient with us a little bit more okay?

Psssttt... Moonbyul unnie is bothering me again, she won’t leave me alone and being greasy by calling me pretty all night long. Should I be worried for my safety tonight?  - WI-

 

Mamamoo’s Fancafe: Moonbyul’s Daily Memo

MooMoos, our Wheenie is so pretty right? Forever roommate will be sleeping together again tonight, don’t be jealous of me! I’ll be sleeping soundly with my arms around our Wheeinie. *Wink Wink*

 

Mamamoo’s Fancafe: Solar’s Daily Memo

MooMoos, my boyfriend is cheating on me. *Tears* - SL-

 

Mamamoo’s Fancafe: Hwasa’s Daily Memo

UGH! It’s safe to say that I’m the only sane one in this group.

 

BREAKING NEWS!  - DISPATCH -

Moonbyul and Wheein from Girl Group Mamamoo caught checking in into a bed and breakfast without their other members and their staffs. Click Here for pictures of them holding hands and cuddling against each other. Is this another promo stunt or are they really dating in real life?   

 

Kim Do Hoon’s House

“Medicine, where’s my headache medicine????”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author’s End Note:

Annyeong my lovelies! So, it’s probably a little bit more angsty compared to the other chapters, but I hope it still put a smile on your face :) Too all the readers that want to adopt the wheepup, yes! I want to adopt her too because our wheein is just too adorable for words. 

Okay, confession time, I will probably update this story intermittently since I will be concentrating on writing my other wheebyul stories. I have two stories in the making, I wonder should I just update both or one at a time? XD anyway, thank you for reading my story!!! Please do comment to tell me what you think or just to say Hi ^^