Our Song

The Troublesome Wheepup

 

Wheein was sitting crossed leg on the couch – guitar in hand – strumming whatever melody that came to her mind, humming slightly.

The other three members sat on the rug cushioned floor, a can of beer in each of their hands just chilling around, chatting amongst themselves. Byul, who was lounging with her back against the sofa, suddenly spoke up.

“Wheein-ah, can you play that song that we made?”

Looking up from her guitar, she looked at Byul quizzically, they made up quite a few songs during the years that it would be difficult to pin point just which one that Byul was referencing.

“Ah… that one, okie dokie.” She grinned lightly after Byul rap the first verse of the song.

“Feeling mellow?” Yongsun questioned and Byul simply shrugged.

“Just feel like it.”

The melody started and Byul smiled, bittersweet memory flooded her mind as she started her rapping line.   

 

We’re living in a world where you can say whatever and wherever

Surrounded by love and hate in equal measure

Some give you strength and hope while others put you down and give you sorrow

It’s just life, baby… its life….

So let’s keep our head high and lets not grumble, just stay humble” 

 

Hyejin grinned, wrapping her arms around their leader, she sang her part.

 

I love you, don’t forget that….

You who been through a lot of rejection, weary to the point of distraction

But you don’t give up and you don’t give in

With your fighting spirit, you keep on smilin’

And now you are living your dream

And we’re proud to be the member of your team”

 

Yongsun Hyejin’s face softly, a big smile emerging on her face, more so when Wheein’s soft voice followed.  

Byul looked up at Wheein as the younger girl sang, eyes full of adoration locked at each other with a smile on their faces.

 

I love you, always remember that….

You with your calming presence and easy going charm

You who wrote poem like verses

You are irreplaceable just like you are irresistible

Like the northern star shining brightly in the sky

You are the compass who own all of our hearts

 

“So let’s sing this song whenever it’s too much to bear

When our spirit down and our heart grows heavy”

 

Harmony filled the room as the four of them sang the song’s bridge before they half sing half shout the chorus together.

 

We’re together, stay strong together

Be strong forever, cause we love each other

Keep the faith alive, sooth our fear inside

Cause we have each other

You and I…“

 

All eyes looked at Byul as she softly sang her part to the girl that still accompanied their impromptu singing with her guitar.  

 

I love you, our precious angel ….

You with your beautiful smile and your gentle heart

Melody flows within you    

There’s really nothing that you couldn’t do

Our pillar of harmony

Let’s sing together for eternity”

 

A soft lips landed on Hyejin’s cheek before Yongsun took a deep breath and sang her verse.

 

I love you, you beautiful being….

You who belong on the stage with spotlight shinning bright

You are meant to be born to be the star that you are

Your spirit, your passion

Your presence keeps us alive

 

“So let’s sing this song whenever it’s too much to bear

When our spirit down and our heart grows heavy”

 

We’re together, stay strong together

Be strong forever, cause we love each other

Keep the faith alive, sooth our fear inside

Cause we have each other”

 

Yongsun nodded her head as a signal and they sang the last words with harmony that was already automatic, born from years of singing together.

“You and I…”

There was quiet in the room after Wheein strummed the last melody of the song, until Hyejin suddenly hollered – breaking the silence – “Let’s play drinking game!!”

“Do we have tooooo….. why can’t we just play monopoly or something?” Yongsun whined, she always be the first one to get drunk whenever they play a drinking game.

“But you are cute whenever you got tipsy.” Byul gave her a wink and laughed when she got a pout in return.

Wheein grinned at the older woman, cheek dimpling, “Come on, unnie, it will be fun!!”

Still not entirely convinced, a frown appeared on Yongsun’s face, “Why do I have a bad feeling for this?”

“Don’t worry so much, I’ll order in some food so you won’t get drunk so easily.” Hyejin said, fingers already busy opening the app on her phone to get food delivery.

“I don’t think it work on Yongsun unnie though, she probably already drunk after only the first round.” Byul laughed, hands reached out to catch the flying pillow that Yongsun threw at her.

“Ya! I’m not that bad!”

“Yes! You are!” Three choruses rang through the living room simultaneously before they all looked at each other and laughed.

“Fine, but all of you have to carry me to the bedroom if I’m drunk.”

“Don’t worry unnie, I’ll carry you in my arms forever.”

“Ugh, stop being greasy unnie. By the way, chicken coming up in 20 minutes.”

“Chicken again? Hyejin-nim, I want gopchang….”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

A quick short drabbles because I have so many OT4 feels and it sort of kind of my love letter for the girls. Ignore me, I just have so many feels.