Tomorrow it will Rain

The House
Please log in to read the full chapter

Leo’s P.O.V

 


   I headed back to my room after what happened with Yoongi. I shut the door and slumped down on the floor against the door. It’s so hard. It’s really hard. Swallowing, I looked around my room. I won’t. I wont let it. I will not sit here and cry.

 


   Take deep breaths. Mom told me to take deep breaths when I feel like crying or if I feel overwhelmed. Count to ten with every breath. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. I could feel myself calming down with every breath.

 


   What happened to him? I can’t get mad at him for hitting me but what could’ve caused him to do that? I sat there still taking my deep breaths as I thought back to earlier. It happened around 6:15am.

 


   I kept tossing and turning in bed because I was so worried about Yoongi. Go to sleep Leo. You have to have more strength starting tomorrow to take care of them and plus you have school. I closed my eyes and started to count sheep. “1 sheep jumped over the blue fence. 2 sheeps jumped over the blue fence. 3 sheeps jumped over the blue fence. 4 sheeps jumped over the blue fence. 5 sheeps jumped the blue fence. 6 sheeps jumped over…”

 


   I flew up with a start. What was that? Did I hear someone talking? I listened again but I didn’t hear anything. “Great Leo. You’re so sleep deprived that you think you’re hearing things. Just lay back down.” I laid down slowly and right before my head hit the pillow, I heard it.

 

   
   “Help!” I jumped out of bed. “Yoongi!?” I rushed to his room and I saw him trying to fight off ... fight off his cover. What on earth? He was screaming, “It’s not a peaceful life if I’m living in fear!” I walked closer to him calling out his name softly. As soon as I touched him he jabbed the pointed end of the controller into my temple. I ended up yelling out and fell onto the floor. “Are you crazy!?”

 


   “Who wants to live a quiet and peaceful life when I’m constantly glancing over my shoulder, huh!? Would you want to live that type of horrific life style?” I watched him as he quickly and swiftly moved against the backboard of the bed, watching me with such alertness, coldness, and hatred and... that scared me. I was honestly terrified of that look. His eyes were a knife in my ribs, the point digging deeper and deeper. Where there was once love and aliveness, had been replaced with emptiness. The unmoving gaze was accompanied by a deliberate slow breathing, like he was fighting something or someone and he was losing. Although he knew he couldn’t go any further, he kept trying to sink further and further into the wood of the board.

 

 

   I knew this was going to be hard but... I never expected something like this. Whatever. I hit myself in the face. Be a man. You can’t be whining about this when your mom and best friend is going through the most right now. So, get up off your and go wash up. Today is going to be something. I have to keep an eye on him. With determination in mind, I dragged myself to my bathroom and got ready to start my day.

 


Yoongi’s P.O.V

 

 

   It was the second class of the day. I chose my regular seat in the back by the window and stared out of it. I’ve been like this all day. Just staring out the window. Leo’s been watching me all day. He hasn’t spoken a word to me. Just watching. Honestly though? I’m not surprised the principal let him skipped all his classes for the week just to sit in my classes.

 

 

   My dad was just murdered last night and after my “incident” this morning, Leo told him that he wanted to keep an eye on me to make sure I wasn’t in any danger to myself and others. He just had to go back after class to collect any missing assignments that he had to do for homework. Our friends came running at us this morning knocking me over with playful hits. I only brushed myself off and made way to homeroom. I know Leo filled them in because I saw how they were looking at me right before I walked into homeroom. I’m tired of everyone giving me them looks. Friends, teachers and even strangers. The look that says that they feel sorry for me.

 


Pitiful kid.

 


What’s he going to do now without his dad?

 

 

Pity.

 

 

That poor child.

 

 

Sympathetic.

 

 

Where’s he going to stay now?

 

 


   That’s what everybody said without actually saying it. Their expressions and movements told all. I don’t need that. I don’t need anything. I just need my dad. I need for all this to stop. I need... I need for that man to rot in hell. I want to scream out in frustration but I know it’ll only be echoes in thin air. I hope tomorrow will be different from today. I’m wishing but I know it won’t happen. I just want to become happy and strong again but why do I feel like I’m getting weaker? I am not looking forward to seeing them in practice today. It’s not like I’m going to be able to play well anyway. I felt a vibration and pulled out my phone. I had two messages. One was from Leo.

 


   Yoon. Since you won’t talk to me, this the only way to get this across. I’m not crazy. I didn’t believe the officer when she said she felt like you met the killer. I don’t know why but I just didn’t. I’m thinking “he’s not stupid to keep quiet and let a killer stay on the street.”

 

   I guess, if you’re threaten, then you have no choice but to stay quiet. That I can understand. What I don’t get is why you wouldn’t tell me at least. After what I witness this morning, I know you’re keeping quiet for whatever reason he told you to. Don’t you know you’re not alone in this? I can help but you have to talk to me. I can’t force you to but I just want you to remember who is by your side. Like I said before, don’t shut me out but, that’s exactly what you’re doing.

 

 

   I saw Leo looking out of the door in the classroom. He looks so down and hurt. I mean, anyone would if their best friend was ignoring them. I sighed and looked back at my phone and saw the second number. It was from an unknown person.

 

 

   Are you still keeping our little secret? Seeing how you haven’t even told your best friend there, I’m guessing you are. How long do you think he’s going to continue staying by your side? Leo even has his own limits as well. Don’t forget what’ll happen if you don’t. You remember, right? Don’t forget to delete the message. Well I guess I’ll let you get back to school. Can’t have a smart kid getting behind, now can we? Talk to you soon little Yoongi.

 

 

   I stared at the message a good ten minutes before it actually dawn upon me. It suddenly felt like someone started building a fire in the middle of my throat because it was really hard to breathe. My eyes widen as I looked over at Leo. He had a worried looked on his face as I tried to stand up. A horrible thumping started on both of my temples. As I reached out my hand towards Leo, my vision started to fade. I saw his mouth moving but no sound came out. It was like he was moving in slow motion towards me. Then the next thing I knew, my world starting spinning at 120 mph and all the light in the world disappeared.

 


                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~

Please log in to read the full chapter