Phone Call

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 5: Phone Call

 

Yul's P.O.V.

 

Seoul National University Hospital

 

"Who's the immediate family of the patients?" A doctor came out of the emergency room after waiting for half an hour.

 

I stood up from the chair I was sitting on when I heard him. "I came here with them, doc. But I'm not a relative." I responded weakly.

 

He looked at me, "Well, sir...?"

 

"Ah, yes. I'm Kwon Yul."

 

"Well, Yul-shi, the patients are going through mild head trauma which means that they became unconscious when their heads strongly hit something hard. Fortunately for them, they did not get brain injury that could cause them disability... or even death." The doctor explained to me. 

 

"I'll take that as a good news, doc. Thank you so much." I told the doctor and smiled at him.

 

The doctor nodded at me then turned to the assisting nurse beside him, "Okay, nurse Jihoon, please get his contact information in case the patients look for him." He instructed the nurse before striding his way to his office.

 

---

 

"Sir, do you know someone related to the patient?"  Nurse Jihoon writes down something on the paper as I handed him my data sheet.

 

"Uhm, none. I just met them at the accident earlier."

 

"Okay, we'll just look through their things to see if there is some contact information of the family. Thanks!" He bowed at me.

 

I left the front desk of the hospital and sat down to their waiting area, suddenly feeling all the energy taken away from me. My head laid back on the chair as I close my eyes and breathe in to find myself some solace. 

 

I was soothed within a few minutes until the thought of my interview hits me again. I hastily grab my phone in my right pocket and check if EU has contacted me.

 

My lips automatically turned wide when I saw a notification.

 

Damn right I am.

  

From: Unknown Number

- Good morning, we are very sorry to inform you that the interview for your scholarship application is postponed due to emergency concerns of the President. We will update you immediately. -

 

My jaw hangs in shock - luck must really be on my side. Who would have thought that saving lives today would actually pay off? I stood up smiling and walk my way out of the hospital.

 

As I pass by the door, I recognized someone familiar but I just shook it off because I couldn't recall her face, she was running so fast going inside.

 

---

 

Jessica's P.O.V

 

*beep beep*

 

We are on our way to the hospital and traffic jam is not helping us to reach there as soon as possible. I am sitting here in the backseat of the car with my mom, hugging her. She was crying nonstop ever since we got a call from the hospital telling us that dad and Krystal met an accident.

 

This is the first time a family member has been hospitalized. Or much worst, a victim of an accident. I'm still wondering what could be the reason why the car crash happened. The brake didn't work fine? Did the driver have fight with anyone that made him lose his focus?

 

Loud exhalation came out from me. I feel so restless but I have to be strong for my mom.

 

Changmin parked the car in front of the hospital and we got out of it as soon as it stopped. Then we ran to the front desk, panicking.

 

"Where's Albert and Krystal Jung? I'm his wife. Please." My mother cried in front of the nurse. I held her and rub her arms to calm her down.

 

"Just a second, maam." The nurse checks through the computer then looks up at us. "They are in room 205, standard ward." 

 

"Standard ward?!" I asked shockingly but my mom rushed to the second floor to look for my father and Krystal without asking anymore so I ran after her and unintentionally ignored the nurse.

 

There I saw my mother hugging Krystal, crying her heart out. I ran to my father's side to see if he's fine but then again, they are still unconscious.

 

I need to find the doctor.

 

Without having second thoughts, I went outside and asked in the nurse station about their attending doctor.

 

---

 

After talking with the doctor and knowing their health conditions, I asked for a transfer of room to their VIP ward for two to give the best comfort to dad and Krystal.

 

My mother finally calmed down and is now sitting beside my father who has just woken up from his slumber. He cried in pain when he opened his eyes and claimed that his head hurts. Krystal woke up in a short while earlier before she returned back to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter