The Weather’s Just As Perfect

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THANK YOU! Wow! I didn't expect to be featured now that I have been inactive lately but truth be told, I really did wish for it. Hehe. I wanna give credits to all my readers who kept on supporting Crossed Paths and patiently waiting for my next updates. Also those who upvoted and kept on messaging me privately, it's really nice to get close with you. You guys are awesome! =)

 

And also thank you to fans of other OTPs that congratulated me. It warms me up and it made me happy to see all of you in the comments box. Let's keep supporting each other and enjoy reading each other's work! =)

 

P.S. Sorry if I took this long to update. This is not a fluff chapter but do tell me what you can say in today's update. =))

 

Chapter 48: The Weather’s Just As Perfect

 

Third Person's P.O.V.

 

The sun sets up high and the weather was so inviting for the oldest man of the Jungs to go play golf this weekend.

 

Junseo Jung doesn’t really care much about his children and grandchildren’s romantic relationship. The thing he just needs to look into is that they should be happy and as a businessman, it should benefit his company. To him, they could be free as long as they don’t neglect their part as the potential heirs of what he gained with his blood and sweat.

 

Today will be just like the old times. Maybe except it’ll be mixed in with a little bit of business. Meeting Yul and Amber today is about his company’s future ‘cause if the only thing that matters is his grandchildren’s happiness then he doesn’t have to do this. He had already accepted them if that’s the case but it isn’t. Apparently, Albert Jung had grown up to have the same mindset as him.

 

He’s a good man, a good parent and a good businessman. But what would weigh more today?

 

 

Yul prepared a lot. Last night was like preparing for a huge job interview and he couldn’t sleep with a mind loaded of worries and excitement.

 

Yul’s all packed. He put on his best clothes and perfume then drove Hyukjun’s car to the golf course, inwardly crossing his fingers praying that this day will go without any form of arguments like what he had in the gala. He doesn’t want any more complications when it comes to connecting with Jessica’s family.

 

 

Yul arrived and it seems like he’s the first one to come. He sat down in an open air restaurant, appreciating the clear beauty of the land and the calming atmosphere around when a waitress greeted him.

 

“Hi. Would you like to order?”

 

“Just an iced latte, please. Thanks.” Yul said although he doesn’t know if latte would help him calm down his nerves.

 

“Got it! I'll prepare it right away.” The waitress claimed and fled to get it done.

 

The air breeze felt so fine. It boosts up his mood and he couldn’t stop himself to smile and breathed in the fresh air. This should be a good day and he’s claiming it already.

 

Just in time, Amber came in a bit of hurry, wearing his polo shirt and khaki shorts.

 

“Hyung. Am I late?” He asked, his chest is slightly raising up and down.

 

“No, they haven’t arrived yet.” Yul replied and patted Amber’s shoulder to comfort him. “Have a seat. Do you want to order something?”

 

“Oh thank God.” Amber relaxed in his seat when he heard it. “What are you having?”

 

“Just an iced latte. The weather’s kinda hot.”

 

“I’ll have the same.”

 

Yul nodded his head and turned to find a waiter then ordered another one.

 

He shifted his eyes back to the view. “But the weather is doing it’s trick today.” He commented, making Amber to turn his eyes where Yul’s are.

 

“You’re right.” Amber replied, ending up to breathe in a huge amount of air too. “Do you actually imagine this is where we’ll end up when we grow old? Old men seem to love this sport so much.” Amber chuckled at the thought. Seeing how he is so active right now in his band, he can’t see himself doing this calm sport in the future.

 

Yul laughed along. “It’s funny, I know. But my father kind of influenced me to play this once in a while. Do you play?” He glanced at Amber.

 

“Yeah. Can’t escape it. My father said you can’t do business if you can’t do golf.” Amber amusingly shook his head.

 

“And.. we’re playing with businessmen. We should better get our A games all out.”

 

“Man, I’m so looking forward to what’s going to happen today.”

 

The waitress interrupted their conversation and placed two glasses of iced latte on the table.

 

“Two iced latte, sir. Enjoy!” She smiled and walked away.

 

Yul then comforted himself by inhaling deeply again and agreed to Amber. “Me too.”

 

They were silently enjoying the place and sipping their drinks when Yul took a sight of Mr. Albert and Junseo. He immediately stood up and faced them with a broad smile on his lips. Amber noticed his gesture and looked at their way. When he saw them, he also stood up and welcomed them with a warm smile.

 

Yul bowed his head and Amber followed. “Good morning, sir. How are you doing?” Yul asked. He turned to look at Mr. Albert’s eyes first to formally acknowledge him before turning to Mr. Junseo.

 

“Good morning.” Amber simply smiled and stood diligently beside Yul.

 

“I’m more than great today. Are you ready to beat me?” Mr. Junseo replied lightly and chuckled.

 

“I don’t think we could but we’ll see if miracles do happen.” Amber smoothly responded.

 

“Agreed.” Yul chuckles.

 

“Then I guess we should head out in the yard?” Mr. Albert asked his father.

 

The oldest man nodded his head. “Let’s go.”

 

The gentlemen walked out in the course with caddies tailing behind them. Junseo Jung is a VIP member here so they are going to play in an exclusive course.

 

“I think I can play par-5 today. What do you think?” He asked his son.

 

“Well, there are caddies and golf carts. I think you’ll be fine.”

 

“How about you, young men?” Mr. Junseo then asked Yul and Amber.

 

“We have all day for you, sir. But would it be okay for your health?” Yul politely asked.

 

Mr. Junseo grins. “Don’t underestimate my age, Yul. But thank you for your concern, you’ll see how I got this.”

 

“Then it’s game on, sir.” Amber said jokingly.

 

Junseo started walking leading them to the first teeing ground. A caddie put a ball on top of it.

 

“Dad, why don’t you show them how to do it?” Albert urged his father to start the game.

 

Junseo didn’t say anything but gladly obliged. He positioned himself and a caddie handed him a club. With one last measure towards the ball and clutching his hands properly on the club, he didn’t waste any second and projected a full swing. The ball fled high and it was a clean shot.

 

“Whoa. That was smooth.” Amber and Yul are amazed. They clapped together with Mr. Albert.

 

They kind of didn’t see it for the old man to have such strength at striking at his age. There was a proud smile that was fighting to come out from Mr. Junseo’s lips but he kept it in. He didn’t want to come off weak at first shot and he’s happy it turned out just as he wanted.

 

“It’s your turn Albert.”

 

“Alright.”

 

”Don’t try to hurt our pride.” Mr. Junseo reminded him a bit playfully.

 

Just like his father, he relaxed himself as he bent his knees and locked his front arm before taking a backswing. The ball was smacked up high and the reaction on Mr. Albert’s face contains satisfaction. Both of the old men are now saved from embarrassment from these two young men.

 

Again, Amber and Yul clapped their hands at the good swing. “That was really nice, sir.” Amber commented.

 

“Thanks. Now show me what you’ve got.”

 

The two looked at each other and Amber sent a message through his eyes that Yul should go ahead and play. Amber was feeling nervous. He’s not really bad at it but disappointing Mr. Albert and Junseo is somehow making his hands slightly tremble. He’s afraid he might miss hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter