The Golden Chance

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HELLO, READERS! I'm so sorry for the super late update. I was going through some emotional phase and when I try to write, my mind doesn't seem to work and I can't think clearly of what to do next. But thank God I'm feeling better now, so to make it all up to you, I'm currently working on a two-shot fic and will post it soon too. So for now, enjoy this chapter first! =))

 

And SHOUTOUT to those who messaged me to see how I'm doing. I really appreciate it. You all know who you are! =)

 

Chapter 47: The Golden Chance

 

Jessica's on her way to Yul’s place to pick him up. Before this, an argument on who will be bringing car never passed these two and the mention of her father’s preferences ended it. Yul being the understanding man that he is let it go although it would’ve been a perfect night for him if he’s the one taking manoeuvre through the night.

 

Yet it would be seemingly impossible since he hadn’t formally met her whole clan.

 

Yul’s already standing outside of their gate, expecting her to arrive.

 

Few minutes later, a shiny white BMW pulled over in front of him. Jessica hasn’t shown herself yet but his lips already stretched out as wide as it could.

 

The driver running towards the back door tore him away from his gaze, suddenly realizing the unnecessary service provided to him.

 

“Hey, it’s fine.” Yul told the driver but the car door was already open in front of him and the latter only flashed him a courteous smile.

 

“Well then.” He said and entered the car.

 

As soon as he settled down, he turned his head to the breathtaking woman beside him, her fragrance is out of this world if he would say too.

 

“Hi there, beautiful.” Yul greeted her with a smooch.

 

Jessica was wearing a fancy white long lace dress and she looks so ethereal that this moment felt too bizarre. Too surreal for him. Yet it is all too real. There are times when he was just chilling with her, he felt like dreaming. How could he kiss such a woman? And how could he embrace her, love her so freely without limits? Never in his life had anyone looked so perfect and heavenly to him. Yul doesn’t know if he’s just crazy in love or she’s naturally like that but he loves it and he’s not gonna change how he sees everything.

 

“I never really told you how handsome you are but I’m gushing all the time I see you.” Jessica replied just as sweet and she meant it. “Even more so when you’re wearing a tux like this.” She moved her face near his and she grins.

 

“Should we put this handsome face to a good use later?” Yul replied jokingly but his heart is bursting in nervousness.

 

Jessica lightly hits his chest as she chuckles. She understood what he meant and she sat up straight, facing him. “Don’t be nervous. You’ll be great as always.”

 

Yul weakly shook his head then smiles at her assuringly. “Can’t help it.”

 

“For what it’s worth, my grandparents never got mad at us for anything and I assure you today is no exception.”

 

The idea eased him up and regarding her parents, the last time he interacted with them was when he spent the night in their house. And he’s not sure what reaction they’ll give out if they learn he has been dating their daughter since him and Jessica never really talked about it.

 

Yul bombed out a loud exhalation and turned his eyes to Jessica. “Right. Let’s make this an amazing evening.” He confidently beamed at her and held her hand to assure her that he got this.

 

This is the moment Jessica has been asking for and she couldn’t ask for more than this night to be pleasant and wonderful too.

 

---

 

It is indeed a dashing and elegant event. Being the leading company in the industry, Eclare Group made sure to make the ball luxurious as it can be. Themed with mixture of golden yellow, white and black, the golden event has glowed through the night. The chandeliers were embedded with shining crystals, the linens and fabrics that were used for tables were delivered from Paris which was designed by a famous designer. Expensive wines are served and high class orchestras magnified the mood that utterly satisfied the guests.

 

Jessica has left Yul’s side to prepare for the family’s grand entrance in the event and there are almost no familiar faces around him besides the ones who are also studying in Eclare University.

 

Somehow, the place and people make Yul feel intimidated. He had been in parties before but never this big and luxurious. The uneasiness shows as he continuously taps his foot against the floor while sitting with some people he barely knew.

 

And it made him wish to see Taeng and Tiffany soon so he could breathe normally again. Yul blows out a breath to work up his nerves.

 

The host for the event took his attention when she started speaking and welcomes all of the guests. Yul didn’t even take a glance at the front stage but he turned his eyes at the far back, not tearing his eyes away from the dazzling woman tonight.

 

“Let us all take a stand to witness the Founder Mr. Junseo and Mrs. Hana Jung, together with Chairman Albert Jung with the whole family and our respective Board of Directors bless the red carpet as they take their grand entrance to open the Golden Anniversary Gala of Eclare Group.”

 

The function hall roared with a round of applause when someone tapped Yul’s back.

 

“We’re just in time, right?” It was Taeng and he was smiling at him.

 

“Hi, Yul. It’s nice to see you here.” Tiffany greeted and laid a peck on his cheek.

 

“You too, Tiffany. You look lovely.”

 

Tiffany replied with a grateful smile and Taeng then gestured them to watch the top-level hierarchy walk down the red carpet.

 

Jessica took her steps gracefully. It was so obvious that she was born for this. The way she entered sends a rush of affection through Yul and her appearance nearly steals his breath. The function hall was dim lit, but still, Jessica is eminently gorgeous, her curvy body covered by an attractive lacy fabric made his insides burn. Yul greedily stares at her as Jessica pushes wild strands of her long bronze hair away from her face and her gaze were searching the room before those pretty hazel eyes light upon Yul.

 

Jessica’s mouth turned into a wide curve, her eyes still on him and he smiled so proudly to her in return.

 

The short parade has come to end and the important figures were led to their respective seats in the very front. So as for now, Jessica isn’t seating beside Yul.

 

As the top management give out their speech one by one to the guests, Jessica decided to excuse herself and flee her way to Yul’s table where Taeng and Tiffany are.

 

“Hi, babe.” Jessica kissed him on his cheek and greeted her friends before she sat beside him. Few people caught her affectionate action towards Yul but she just disregarded it. Her family already knew about it anyway.

 

“Hey there.. is it okay for you to be here?” His hands automatically linked with hers.

 

“Yes but I’ll be quick. Grammy might look for me.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’m fine right here with Taeng and Tiff.” He said, pointing his lips out to the two.

 

“That’s nice suit you got there, Taeng.” Said Jessica with a hint of teasing.

 

“Well, the designer gives every bit as good as it gets. Told ya you should’ve got one for Yul from that hot chic.” Taeng giggles.

 

Tiffany laughingly shook her head. “Oh, come on. Although I would pretty much agree to what he said.” And shrugged her shoulders.

 

Jessica wasn’t sure whether she should roll her eyes or laugh at Tiffany’s reply but she ended up doing the latter. “Maybe next time.”

 

Jessica leans against Yul’s shoulder and watches him. She smiled.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Yul smiled back.

 

“I am so alive with you.” Jessica whispered without being able to even think of her words before she whispers them.

 

There are butterflies in his stomach. Yul couldn’t help but throw his head back and laughed as low as he could manage. “Babe, that makes me feel good and you just took away my pounding heart.” His jawline and his smile are y and humorous in her eyes.

 

Jessica pouts at his response.

 

“I told you, you don’t have to be nervous. Even if I don’t pray for you I know you’ll do great because that’s what you are.”

 

Yul bit his lips, her words are slowly sinking in him and he seems like he’s considering the thought.

 

Could it really be that simple?

 

“If they don’t like you, then they just have to get over it because I’m not going to leave you.”

 

“Babe..” Yul disagreed softly. He doesn’t like the thought of her going against her family.

 

“But I assure you they will like you. So give out your best smile that stole my heart and I’ll see later, okay, love?”

 

And just like that, his heart melted once more. “Okay, babe.” He said as he shot her with his gorgeous smile like what she just asked before she stood up and returned to the table she was assigned.

 

He couldn’t be more thankful for that short moment with Jessica. Yul feels more confident now and he’s looking forward to the experience of this event, and meeting her whole family.

 

---

 

The dance floor has opened and it’s time for the socialites to mingle.

 

His heart pounds so loud that he can practically hear it.

 

Yul swallowed hard right as he stopped in front of Jessica’s grandparents. He bowed down and stayed still for quick seconds and shifted his body where her parents were standing before he stood back up.

 

“It’s nice to finally meet you, sir.” Yul said while looking right into the old man’s eyes and turned to the old woman next to him. “Ma’am.” He acknowledged.“I’m Kwon Yul, I’m personally a fan of your hotel design.” He added while giving them the best smile he could pull off.

 

“Aigoo. Stop fluttering

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter