Starry Night

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm sorry for the late update, I've been busy lately. Huhu

 

Give out your comments 'cause I love reading it! =)

Chapter 43: Starry Night

 

Yul’s P.O.V.

 

As soon as I reached the school’s gate, the security guard looked at me weirdly. “It’s early. The school is still closed.” He skeptically scanned me.

 

“Uhh..” I looked at him and cleared my throat. “Group project. We need to assemble this early to finish the project due today.” I tried to act it out convincingly and he seemed to relax. “Am I the first one to come?”

 

The guard nodded his head. “Yes.”

 

“Damn. I told them not to be late.” I annoyingly breathed out lowly but loud enough for him to hear. It was intentional to make him get swayed by my excuse.

 

“I.D.?” He asked as he extended his arm.

 

Ransacking through my bag, I showed it to him hurriedly when I found it. Luckily, he didn’t probe more and let me pass. After making enough distance from the guard house, I ran as fast as I could to the parking lot.

 

It was dark there and her car is the only one out in the large space. Isn’t she scared? A curious thought entered my mind before I opened the back door and sat beside her.

 

“Hey..” Jessica smiled when she softly greeted me and immediately wrapped her arms around me as soon as I got in. I was able to catch a glimpse of her face and her eyes seemed tired, like she didn’t have any sleep at all.

 

I returned the embrace and my head laid on her shoulder. Every time I hug her like this, my nose automatically insinuates to smell her. She’s just so magnetic every time I’m with her that I couldn’t pull away.

 

“Are you okay?” I cautiously whispered in her ear.

 

I felt Jessica nodded her head and hummed.

 

“You didn’t sleep. What’s in your mind?”

 

She didn’t answer me. Instead, she pulled away and transferred on my lap. Her legs rest on the rest of the seat. Then her body laid on mine sideways.

 

Our hands intertwined and I placed a kiss on her head.

 

She took a deep breath before she spoke. "Just stuff.."

 

"It isn't 'just stuff' if it takes your precious sleep away from you." I flashed her a comforting smile.

 

She snooped her other arm around my neck and played with my hair. Then her face sank deeper on my shoulder as my free hand voluntarily went on her waist.

 

I didn't hear an answer from her.

 

Since she's exhausted from our flight yesterday followed by whatever problem she had when she got home, I decided not to ask anymore. It's best to give her some time to breathe for a while.

 

"Sica.."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"How does a train eat?"

 

She made distance between us and looked at me unbelievably, not failing to smile at the question.

 

"What?" She laughingly asked.

 

I beamed at her. "Just answer it."

 

"Okay, how?"

 

"..It goes, chew chew." I replied and mimicked the sound of the train's beeping sound comically.

 

Success! A loud laugh reverberated through the car and a slap my chest. "You're so random!"

 

I couldn't help but laugh with her. "One more. Knock knock."

 

She giggled. "Who's there?"

 

"Britney Spears."

 

"Britney Spears who?"

 

"Knock knock."

 

Jessica tilted her eyes quizzically at me. "Who's there?"

 

The witty lips tugged up before I answer. "Oops.. I did it again."

 

The laugh became louder this time. She literally cracked up and tears of joy fell. "Oh my God! Where did you learn that? You're so corny."

 

I don't care how lame I sounded. I just want to hear her laugh and see her happy even if it's just temporary against her problem. If it's a problem from her home, do I even have the right to intrude? I could only comfort her and wish it would all end soon. It's distressing to see her sad.

 

"Who's corny? You laughed so hard at it. It was totally your style."

 

"Because you were so funny!" Jessica defensively uttered, still haven't cooled down from the laughter.

 

And hell yes I was glad I didn't fail to make her laugh with that stupid joke. She's getting contagious and I couldn't stop chuckling at my place either. "Do you want more?"

 

Jessica snickered. "Have you become a professional joker?"

 

And I did the same. "Is that a joke?"

 

"No! Why do you know so much? You're even better than Sooyoung."

 

"It's because you like me so much that's why you laugh at stupid things I say." I cornered her petite body with my arms and pulled her close.

 

"Is it really? Or you're just dorky?"

 

"I'm only dorky for you." I responded sweetly and brushed my nose in intense urge together with hers.

 

She breathed contentedly and we returned back to our hugging position earlier.

 

"I'm sorry I can't cook you lunch today. Do you want to have it later for dinner instead?"

 

I understood it since she went here early and had no time to prepare my prize.

 

"You'll cook dinner?"

 

"Yes?" She curiously turned her head up to me. "I thought you want me to cook for you?"

 

"I do. Where are we going to stay? Do you want to do it in my home?" I suggested. I know very well she wants us to distance from her parents' sight to avoid suspicions for they don't know about us yet.

 

Jessica shook her head and smiled a bit. "No. I'm shy too cook with your mom around."

 

"Point taken. So where?"

 

"In our penthouse."

 

As much as I want to avoid using or experiencing the luxuries she has, there are times like this that I can't say no. Anyhow, it felt burdensome. I just want to make the most out of our relationship with little things. Nevertheless, she's a princess who deserves all the fancy things in life and I'm not the one to deny her that.

 

So I nodded my head in agreement. "Okay."

 

"I'll just meet you there after class, alright?"

 

I looked at her. "Why not go together?"

 

Jessica guiltily giggled. "I might skip class later. I need to sleep."

 

"Oh.. okay. But hey, next time don't skip class."

 

"Yes, sir." She assured me and flashed a smile that made my heart skip a beat. Then she leaned in to give me a kiss. I welcomed her soft lips into mine. My mind was able to admire it in a short while before she pulled away. It was short but sweet.

 

---

 

My class was over and I was standing outside of the school’s gate while trying to get a hold of Jessica. I’ve been calling her few times already but she wasn’t answering. She must be sleeping still.

 

I released a deep breath. If she isn’t awake yet, does that mean she hasn’t bought ingredients for her cooking later? That’s it. I’ll just go to the grocery store first before calling her back again.

 

---

 

"Thanks!" I told the bagger who handed me the things I bought for our dinner. Just when I walked out from the store, my phone rings.

 

I picked it out from my right pocket and saw a name that made me smile widely. I didn't let another ring go through and answered it immediately. "Sica."

 

I heard a cute weep from her. "I'm sorry I couldn't answer your calls. I just woke up."

 

"I knew it would be like that."

 

"Hmp. Where are you? Come over now."

 

"Wait. Where are you?" A brow rose in question followed by a low chuckle. Their hotels are spread-wide in South Korea and who knows where she was staying now.

 

"Oh, right. Eclare Grand Hotel and Resort in Myeongdong, babe."

 

"Okay. I'll be there in a flash. See you."

 

She giggled. "See you and take care!"

 

---

 

When the cab dropped me off in front of the hotel, my eyes wandered at the magnificent beauty of the tall building. No doubt, it is one of the luxurious in the whole South Korea.

 

I walked through the twin glass doors with golden handles and the lobby bestowed high class in all possible ways. Just looking at the chandeliers hanging by the ceiling already did its magic to make the hotel look elegant.

 

And a wide reception desk was the first thing that welcomed me. I avoided to make eye contacts with the staffs to keep away from inquiries.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter