Borrowed Time

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: So many issues about SNSD today. Hope they can all pass it in their favors and have Sones support to whatever decision they make. They've come a long way and so are we. Let's just pray that everything will end in a good way and won't get destroyed any more like what happened in 9/30 =))

 

On the other hand, can I see some silent readers out there atleast try to give out their thoughts? That would be highly appreciated! =)) And of course, I am most thankful for those who are consistent in commenting. I love you all. Hehe :^)

 

Chapter 42: Borrowed Time

 

Third Person's P.O.V.

 

Jessica watched the car drove away from where she was standing. She had asked Yul to just drop her off at their main gate – forgetting there's another security camera out there that could catch him sending her home tonight.

 

Going all the way inside might be risky if they’ll be caught in the middle by her parents. Showing up with a man beside her out of the blue and just introduce him to them as her boyfriend is not a nice thought. Even though it wasn’t such a bad idea, it still made her anxious at the possibility of them not accepting the man she’s in a relationship with.

 

As a matter of fact, Yul doesn't really meet her parents' standards when it comes to the man she should love. If in the past she didn't give the slightest care of their opinion, this time she cares - big time - because she wants Yul to be accepted by her family. She just needs a perfect timing, a perfect mood to introduce him.

 

She can’t hide the happiness across her face. Instead of calling her driver to pick her up from the gate, she strolled all the way to their home, letting the fresh air adds to her elevated spirit. Her face lit up brighter than the outdoor lightings.

 

For the first time in forever, she felt sweet and relaxed.

 

Jessica was skipping steps and the security personnel who were standing by the door welcomed her with their mouths hung open and surprised looks on their faces. Never in their lives they had thought they will see her so carefree like this. She has always been fiery and diva-like.

 

“Close that. Flies will come in.” She said and giggled as she entered the house, leaving them stunned.

 

The one from left turned his curious face towards his companion. “D-did you see that?” He exclaimed surprisingly like he just won the lottery. “Did she smile at us?!”

 

“B-but did she really walk home?? Miss Jessica came here on foot?” The other one questioned in return. These two couldn’t cope up from the change of attitude of Jessica and kept on jabbering.

 

When she entered their home, she found her family in their living room spending some quality time together watching TV shows. She’s been blessed to have parents who have not forgotten the importance of family bonding in spite of handling their huge business. They still find time to spend with her and Krystal out of their 24/7 schedule in the company.

 

Her father noticed her as soon as she stepped in. “Finally, she came.” He muttered and women beside him heard it, making them excitingly turn their heads to the person who arrived.

 

Krystal immediately stood up from her place and welcomed her with a hug. “Unnieee!”

 

“Soojung! I missed you.” Jessica returned the embrace dearly and did the same gesture to her parents.

 

“Did you enjoy your trip?” Her mother asked as she pulled away from the hug.

 

Before she could answer, her father spoke for her in a plain tone. “I’m sure she did.”

 

Jessica glanced to her father at his unusual use of tone – he doesn’t seem happy nor irritated.

 

“Yes, I did..” The only words she could utter to her mother. She wanted to ask him but her mother unintentionally cut her off.

 

“Have you had your dinner?”

 

“Yes.” She profoundly smiled at Mrs. Jung then heard a loud exhalation at her side.

 

“Great. I need to talk to you in the study.” Mr. Jung said and walked without waiting for her answer. Jessica questioningly looked at her mother. What is this all of a sudden?

 

The last time her father talked to her in his study room was when she beat her classmate and broke the girl's nose. She got seriously reprimanded. The girl was her top enemy in the school for they were both princess and brat in their own palace. The poor girl was simply getting on Jessica’s nerves and she couldn’t get a hold of herself anymore until the girl got a taste of her raging fists. She was unstoppable then but everything has changed now.

 

Her heart started beating rapidly at her father’s request. She can’t think of anything she’d done wrong that the need to talk in his study is demanded. Her father could just talk to her right here.

 

“Go ahead.” Her mother gestured her head to follow her father with a slight smile on her face.

 

“Mom, is there something wrong?” Jessica worriedly asked her mother.

 

“You can ask you father about that. Don’t keep him waiting.” Mrs. Jung pushed in a motherly tone.

 

Jessica didn’t say more. She took a deep breath and went to where her father has gone.

 

She politely knocked on the door before silently entering the room. It was quiet and a bit gloomy. Study rooms always felt empty but the mood made it slightly worse for her.

 

“Dad?” She called.

 

Mr. Jung was sitting on his huge leather swivel chair and there was a medium size envelope in his hand as he watched her get inside. She stopped in front of his table.

 

“Sit down.”

 

Jessica quietly followed the order and took a sit.

 

“Where were you?” Mr. Jung asked almost too seriously as soon as her bottom touched the soft chair. If he wasn’t her father, she would think it’s just his normal reaction but Mr. Jung seldom talks to her in this manner.

 

Jessica curiously curled her brow at the question. She bit her lips before answering. “I was in Jeju, dad. I thought I told you that?" Does he know something?

 

“I knew you were in Jeju but where exactly? You didn’t stay in our hotel.”

 

“We tried another island and did some camping.”

 

The beating of her heart isn’t stopping and it increases every time her father asks her more questions. Who knows if her father was only trying to catch her with her words? But why would he do that if there is really nothing to suspect in the first place? She was inwardly praying this isn’t something big that would ruin her happiness she felt only in those few precious days.

 

His brows went together and his forehead furrowed. “Camping? With who?”

 

As far as she can remember, she informed them she’ll be going with her friends. She knew it was a trap.

 

“What is this, dad? I came home safe.. I thought I told you I’d be with my friends?”

 

"Tiffany?"

 

Jessica heaved a deep breath. She's contemplating. She doesn't want to lie and she knew better than to do it at this rate but there's something inside her to try her luck so she can get out of this probing sooner. "Yes.."

 

But she didn't. The old man's eyes in front of her darkened.

 

"Are you telling me the truth, Jessica? 'Cause you know I hate it when you and Krystal lie to me and your mom." His tone was getting impatient but his expression stays the same. If Mr. Jung calls her name at that stern voice, she knew it's not time to play anymore. She better follow what her father was asking or she'll face the bad side of him.

 

Mr. Jung is so good as a father if they follow his restrictions but once they disobey, he's as detestable when he's mad. "We gave you all the freedom in the world and this is what we get?"

 

There was a slump in and she felt like she couldn't speak to defend herself – she felt guilty but she did not regret spending her vacation with Yul.

 

He was getting angry and the moment she was afraid of is coming at her little by little.

 

"D-dad, what's wrong?" Jessica managed to ask albeit she knew what's going on. She just didn’t know the revelation of her relationship was going to happen this early.

 

Mr. Jung placed the envelope he was holding to the table and slid it towards her. "Are you still going to tell me you were with Tiffany?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter