Vitamin Sea

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 39: Vitamin Sea

 

Third Person’s P.O.V.

 

“Soojung.”

 

Jessica entered the room and found her sister tucked in the covers with her phone parallel to her face. The younger girl turned her gaze to the left and saw the invader.

 

“Unnie?”

 

The older girl sank down into an Indian-style position on the bed beside her and placed the lonesome pillow on top of her legs, automatically fiddling the corners of it. “Why aren’t you asleep yet?”

 

“Why aren’t you? Can’t sleep?” Krystal diverted her attention from her cell phone to the person next to her. She looked relaxed and.. troubled; if it makes sense. “How was the game? How was your first?”

 

The day’s event replayed in Jessica’s head and giggled humorously. It was like she was asked how was the first day of school by her mother. “Athletes really don’t fall short on fan girls.”

 

“Oh. My. Gosh. Did you encounter one?” asked Krystal as she laughed and pushed herself up. Seeing her sister come across the admirer of her boyfriend never happened before and it’ll be total frolic in her eyes to see her jealous.

 

Jessica’s mouth frowned long. “I did.”

 

“Oh.. Trust me, unnie, they’re inevitable. What did you do?”

 

Krystal was no different. Amber had endless fan girls in every gig he had. At first, she was always present to cheer for him and the first person to come in the event. She never missed the front row of audience. Gigs came after another and the day came when she had enough to the point where she felt suffocated every time girls emerged out of nowhere to gush over him. She’d rather stay at home than get green-eyed all the time.

 

Trust was already built between them and she’d not need to worry of Amber getting touchy with fans because she knows he won’t.

 

“I glared at her.”

 

“Just that? You didn’t pounce on her?”

 

Jessica’s mouth agaped. “Yah, why would I pounce on her?” Brows knotted unbelievably at the question.

 

“Knowing you..” Krystal grimaced.

 

The bronze-haired girl flickered her hair to the back. “What do you think I am? A thug? I play nice.”

 

Krystal’s face crumpled at the statement. “Oh please. Tell me you hadn’t physically attacked Yul oppa and I’ll believe you.”

 

A fact for a fact. Krystal knew her sister’s grenade like temper wouldn’t do any good. And Yul who had experience her sickening attitude was no exception either. She had already slapped him in that short period of time.

 

Feeling the need to defend herself, there was no right words to excuse from that claim and so a witty admission came out. “Why would I attack him? Only his lips had that.” Jessica let out a mischievous grin.

 

A loud shriek responded to the remark as Krystal sank back on her bed. Both of her hands immediately covered her ears, refusing to hear more puns from her older sister.

 

“What? You asked so I answered.” Jessica answered with a skeptical look on her face and laughed. “Well anyway, I need you to do me a favour.”

 

Recovering from the wit, she put her attention back to Jessica. “What is it?”

 

“I’ll be going to Jeju with Yul’s family..” She paused. “..and I told dad I’ll be with Tiff.”

 

Krystal studied her older sister, ignoring the worry behind the statement and got caught up with the first sentence instead. “That fast?”

 

“Has it been more than a month?” She continued. Their relationship wasn’t long enough just yet to have them known each other very well and by this time, Jessica’s taking their stage to the next level. “And you’re meeting his parents already?”

 

A small frown touched her lips at the response. She didn’t expect to get bombed with interrogatives. “What’s wrong? I had met them last week and they’re great.” Jessica said.

 

“Unnie, that relationship is going steady. Are you sure you want that?” Concern filled her voice. Does Jessica even know what she’s getting into? As far as she knows, Jessica never wanted to be held down by a relationship and she wouldn’t want to let Yul get in an unfair situation now that she’s somehow involved – knowing all of these.

 

The startled expression on her was brief. Krystal is pulling a serious talk on her all of a sudden.

 

“Aren’t I? Krys, I know what I’m doing and I wanted this too. Like what I’ve always said, Yul is different and he makes me want to be a better person.” answered Jessica.

 

Length of time wasn’t any important in this kind – a month, two or even more doesn’t matter. If Jessica is happy and sure of herself, there’ll be no hesitance to do things she wanted to. Why waste time if she can do it as soon as she can? If things don’t go her way, the sooner she could fix the faults she had than prolong the road and get disappointed in the end.

 

“I need you to cover up for me tomorrow ‘cause dad might wonder why I didn’t bring you along. Why are you worrying about things?”

 

Krystal breathed in deeply and reached out to Jessica’s hands. “I’m just concerned, unnie. I don’t want you to be unfair to oppa too. He’s a nice guy.”

 

Hearing this, there’s no doubt that she has grown fond of him like a real brother. The way he treats Krystal made her feel like having the caring brother she never had.

 

“And I’m the bad guy?” The edginess on her voice was hard to miss but soon she followed it with giggles. “I know.. and I’m not going to just let him pass by. I’m going to hold onto him.” Jessica flashed her a smile and segued. “Who’s your sibling again?”

 

Krystal leaned over and s her arms around Jessica’s waist. “It’s you~. You’re still my favourite unnie.” The reply was almost in a sugary-sweet tone but too natural to be too cringy for Jessica.


“You can’t get me with your sweet talk, Soojung.” But a grin spread across her face at the statement, easily moved and more than pleased by the flattery.

 

“Really? ‘Cause I can tell that you really like it.”

 

She laid down on the bed and comfortably covered herself with the quilt. “Whatever. I’m going to sleep here.”

 

Krystal laid sideways and faced her sister. “Anyway, enjoy your long weekend with them. I’m sure by the time I wake up, you’re gone.”

 

“Thank you..” The older girl gently answered and held her hand, promptly drifting into the dreamland as soon as her head touched the soft pillow.

 

Low chuckles came out from Krystal when Jessica didn’t move anymore. “Yah.. are you seriously asleep now?”

 

There were many instances before where Jessica just fell asleep even if the place or position is uncomfortable. It was like she was shot by a syringe and forthwith falls into dreamland when she’s sleepy as hell.

 

“Mmm.” The only sound buzzed from , couldn’t move a muscle from her body anymore.

 

Krystal smiled dearly at her sister and clicked the power on the remote to turn off the lights. “Goodnight..”

 

---

 

The plane has landed.

 

Yul’s mom couldn’t be any happier when she learnt that Jessica will be joining them for their short vacation. Having two sons surely made her felt something amiss for she wanted another feminine figure in the family. Still, the blessing from the Man above is more than what she had hoped for. Two manly figures are always on her sides to protect her and her husband although admittedly, boys are more hard headed than girls and she kinda long for a sweet and soft side of a daughter. She hopes Jessica could be that person unlike the past girls that Yul introduced to her who were too liberal for her own liking.

 

Hyukjun was carrying the trolley full of their bags and suitcases when they walked past the arrival curb.

 

Concurrently, a short figure kept on tip-toeing through the people who have covered her sight, making it impossible for her to immediately find the people she was waiting for.

 

“There!” Said the man from her behind who was way taller than her short height.

 

“Where?” Before she could look over, her wrist was already pulled.

 

“There.” The man repeated again and pointed his forefinger towards the people they were waiting for.

 

A big smile painted on her face when she got to recognize their faces. “Yul!!” The girl instantly ran to her cousin in excitement and embraced him as soon as she got near, oblivious to the sharp eyes darted at her when she got physical with the certain man.

 

Yul’s face mimicked the girl’s reaction, almost too bright for Jessica’s eyes as it turned darker. “Vivian!” He called her as he returned the embrace and lifts her up a bit.

 

Hyukjun noticed the bronze-haired girl’s reaction and giggled. He nudged her arms and flicked his eye up, giving her a knowing look.

 

Jessica hastily removed the storm on her face and cleared , flustered as bloods rushed to her head.

 

“That’s our cousin.” Hyukjun whispered with a hand covering his mouth and gave her a smile when he saw her reddened cheeks.

 

went in circular motion at the words and hid her face low in shame.

 

Vivian was already greeting the other persons with them and Yul reached out to Jessica’s hand. When he caught a glimpse of her face, the happy look he had on changed into a worried one.

 

“Hey.. are you okay?” He asked in a low tone and damps his hand on her forehead to check her temperature. She seems normal.

 

Jessica breathed out the embarrassment and directly stared in his eyes. “Yes.” She assured him with a smile.

 

“Why is your face so red?” Curiosity flowed together with the sound of his voice.

 

“Am I? I don’t know either.” Jessica touched her cheek in oblivious state, acting innocent.

 

Another voice diverted their attention to the owner and Jessica has finally got a full view of the woman.

 

“Well, aren’t you going to introduce her to me?” Vivian che

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter