We Belong

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, readers! Are you still with me? Thank you for the continuous support and your active comments. I hope to see you in the next chapter! =)

 

Have fun reading and let me know your thoughts! =]

 

Chapter 38: We Belong

 

Third Person's P.O.V.

 

Hours have passed by so fast and Jessica's parents are already home before she knew it. She just woke up and gotten downstairs when she saw them leisurely spending some time in the veranda sipping some pure and traditional tea. A newspaper was enclasped by her father's hands while her mother's attention laid on the magazine she was reading.

 

"Good morning." Jessica greeted in a cheeky tone and back hugged her mother who was sitting. It was already past noon and she was caught red-handed by her parents to have woken up way too late.

 

Her mother was startled by the sudden attack but smiled when she felt arms around her and heard the voice of her eldest. "It's already afternoon." She argued with a smile at her ever sweet but lazy daughter.

 

"How about the old man?" An almost jealous voice came out from Mr. Jung, eyes not leaving the newspaper he was reading.

 

Jessica instantly ran to his side and gave him a kiss on his cheek. "Hello, daddy."

 

That giddy tone didn't go unnoticed by them. Mr. Jung finally looked up to her. "You sound so happy today. What's gotten into you?" He eyed his daughter curiously as she sat down beside him. There was some kind of good spirits sparkling off of her that is not so usual to see.

 

"What? Of course I'm happy. You're already home, I missed you." Jessica squeezed her father again with an embrace albeit too tightly. Her mother was silently smiling  as she watches them at the side.

 

"Are you sure?" Mr. Jung tested. "We've been away for many times already and you're acting strange today." A brow lifted. Even so, he was glad Jessica is still that little princess who comfortably clings onto him even if she had grown up into a young adult - wherein the age that refuses to do such cheesy things with their parents because it's too embarrassing.

 

"I am!" Jessica defensively pouted.

 

"You're not going to ask for something, are you?" Another teasing question.

 

She pulled away from hugging her father. "No way. Can't I be sweet to my dad?"

 

Mr. Jung broke into laughters when Jessica fell into his tease. "Of course you can. The old man needs it." He pulls her close and lays her head on his shoulder before giving it a gentle pat. Jessica smiled at the warm gesture and her father returned to reading the now crumpled newspaper he was holding.

 

"Honey, go fill your tummy with something. You skipped breakfast and lunch." Mrs. Jung motherly urged her and when the word comes in her mind, her stomach suddenly growls.

 

A surge of giggles let out from her guiltily. "Alright." Jessica said and rose up. "Anyway, where is Krystal?"

 

"She went out with Amber." Mrs. Jung's lips turned into a straight line. "That boy should be spending some time here with us." Her head slightly shook disappointingly.

 

"You must've scared him." Jessica lightly commented, avoiding to fall into serious talk about Krystal's best friend, or more practically, her suitor. She came to like Amber too but her mother's right. It's always best to be well connected with the other side's family.

 

"Men should go through your mom and I before they get to both of you." It was possessive yet animatedly spoken. She doesn't know how to take it but she obviously had boyfriends before and they never went through such thing.

 

"But then again, I'm lucky my exes didn't have to experience it."

 

"That's why you broke up too fast." Mr. Jung counterattacked, suppressing his laughs to break free.

 

"Dad!" Jessica stomped her feet like a kid.

 

"But that's true though." It was from her mother, now teaming up with her husband. "Look at Amber, Krystal's still with him because he's passing through the eye of a needle."

 

Jessica nodded. "I know.. my exes aren't worth your time anyway." She laughingly added.

 

"Just date a decent heir. Your life will be settled then." Mr. Jung stated, his tone is now relatively too serious for her own liking.

 

"Aish, how did it end to my love life?" Jessica protested playfully. "I'll leave you two, I'm going to eat." Childish. That was what an act she left her parents before taking her steps to the kitchen. The married couple only chuckled at the bronze haired girl. She can still be a kid at times even if she had become a fiery girl.

 

"Dating is fine but marriage is different." Mr. Jung told his wife, continuing the dating talks of his precious daughters.

 

"I know. They are still young.. Don't go pressuring them too much about it."

 

Jessica came back and peeped through the glass door. "Oh.. and uhh.." Her parents stopped conversing and tilted their heads to the source of the voice, lips tightly shut.

 

She bit her lips before speaking. "Can I spend the long weekend with my friends?"

 

Mr. Jung quizzically glanced. "Where? And why?"

 

"Jeju. No definite reason, we just planned it out of nowhere." She lied. Her heart starts racing, afraid of further questioning because she doesn't want to lie.

 

"Who are you with?" This time, it was her mother.

 

"Tiffany.. and friends."

 

Mrs. Jung then looked at her husband to know his answer.

 

"Okay, just bring Changmin with you." 

 

Changmin is her personal bodyguard and driver.

 

"Dad, there's no need for it. It's just Jeju." Jessica insisted. Where the hell she would bring Changmin in Yul's family vacation? She's just a guest too, it's inconvenient to bring another one.

 

Mr. Jung gave her a disagreeing look and Jessica quickly ran to her father's side to hug him. "Please~?"

 

"Aish! This little kid!" He tried to breakfree but Jessica isn't allowing him. "Make sure to call me, alright?" He then said in a sign of his approval.

 

"I will." She giddily nodded her head. "Love you two." She stated before running back to the kitchen.

 

---

 

A defeaning sound of cheering and singing coming from the stadium reaches all the way out to the streets. The half part of the stadium was filled of red and white, Eclare University's student body's color and the other side was occupied by the Choegoui University's students in green. The day has come for the annual sports festival between two universities that embodies the heated rivalry. There are five games and the winning team had to win three or more matches to be announced as the champion. Games included are basketball, soccer, baseball, volleyball and rugby.

 

The winner had always brought the school's spirit high and pride nationwide and it brought unity of the student bodies every time the competition begins. The competition kicked off with a cheering competition, hyping the crowd along with their catchy songs and jaw-hanging stunts.

 

Meanwhile, Yul had his head hanging low as he conditions his emotional and spiritual self for the game. He stretches his neck and wiggles his arms. The muscular bodies around him were doing the same thing. Everyone was in their own world when their coach came in their locker room and gathered them around.

 

He stood before them and all eyes and ears are on him. "Are you ready?"

 

"Yes, coach!" They shouted in unison.

 

"Where are our set A? Are we complete?" He scanned the room to search for the team's Aces and recalled them. "Kim Taeng?"

 

"Present."

 

"Choi Minho?"

 

"I'm here, coach."

 

"Choi Sooyoung?"

 

"Coach."

 

"Okay, good. Since our two seniors couldn't play, I told you I'm going to announce today who will be in set A after assessing your performance in our trainings." He paused and checks the reactions from the team. They are unmoved, some looks too nervous and hopeful to be picked.

 

The coach took a deep breath before starting. "Be ready, Kwon Yul and Nichkhun Horvejkul."

 

Yul was appalled. He didn't know he'll be getting in set A this fast. A freshman and already designated to compete a 'war.' Alright then, he'll prove them right.

 

All of them nodded their heads in agreement, although few of them's a bit bitter to be overshadowed by a new comer. Nevertheless, they've seen how Yul plays so they can't really argue with their coach's decision.

 

Taeng assembles the team in a circle and placed his hand, gesturing them to form a pile. They all followed his lead and chanted, "Come on, thunderbolts! Who's the champ?!"

 

"We are!" The team answered.

 

"Who are we?!" Taeng's energy doubled at the competitive reply he got.

 

"Thunderbolts!!"

 

"Thunderbolts!.." Taeng repeated.

 

"..Storming for the throne!!" His team mates screamed and energetically retracted their joined hands.

 

"The competition's starting in few minutes. Line up and go!" Their coach shouted supportively.

 

---

 

Students from EU are all turning their heads at the incoming presence of a very unfamiliar face in times like this, surprising them for suddenly showing up without notice. No one knew and everyone are clueless of the reason why she came now. Despite that, they have become more excited having Jessica here to cheer for their team.

 

Some guys have their mouth hangs open per usual when these three ladies pass by them. Jessica's existence added more buzz to the EU's student body. Aside from anticipating the most awaited game, their minds are now entertained by thinking what could be the prodigious reason why she came here all of a sudden.

 

They found their way just right behind the bench for the players. There they saw Siwon and Donghae sitting side by side, unusually not in their jersey today.

 

Sunny raised a brow curiously when she got near them and sat down beside Siwon. "Aren't you two playing?" Tiffany and Jessica followed suit.

 

Instead of answering Sunny, Siwon's eyes landed at Jessica and he too, didn't escape from mouth-hanging squad.

 

"W-whoa." He chuckled unbelievably, his attention is still magnetted to the bronzed hair girl.

 

Jessica noticed the reaction and shifted her eyes to his direction. "Why are you always surprised to see me?" Almost amused at him.

 

"How can I not?" Then tilting his head to Sunny. "We can't. Research paper." He shortly said. Requirements for graduating students are no joke to the point where it even prevented them from playing because their time were spent mostly on doing it. But being the loyal athlete he is, he still trained with his team although he wouldn't be in.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter