Meeting his Mother

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: If more readers will comment, I'll continue writing long chapters and update faster!

 

Have fun reading! =)

 

Chapter 36: Meeting his Mother

 

Third Person's P.O.V.

 

A white BMW Alpina B7 slowly pulled over to the side of the road in front of the medium-sized house that looks like it was cut off from a magazine. It was inspired by a modern design, covered by walls painted in white and some line decors in brown. The house was constructed with mostly steel and glass; its features really showcase no sentimentality for old designs.

 

Seems like the person who designed it came from the new generation.

 

"Don't wait for me." Said the woman who was sitting at the back of the car. She’s in casual black dress and a denim jacket on top of it. She also wears sneakers for today.

 

"Yes, miss." The driver asserted.

 

Jessica excitingly breathes in as she opened the door and stepped out. She decided to come at Yul's house this early morning to go with him in his training. Yes, she knows she'll be doing nothing but watch him train all day long. But still, she effortfully woke up way too early than she usually does to make sure he hasn't left his home without her. Also maybe to make up for what happened yesterday.

 

Her heart starts beating nervously as she takes the steps towards the gate. This will be the first time she'll meet his parents and sibling if ever she catches up with them inside. She doesn't know what entered her mind, an idea just eagerly went in and she thoughtlessly hit it.

 

Because why not? She misses him already so much and not being able to meet for two days doesn’t make her feel settled that's why she ended up here in front of their home.

 

Now, she's standing there and bit her lip in hesitance. She's suddenly having second thoughts.

 

But her hands work on its own as if it has its own mind.

 

She rings the doorbell.

 

The sound of it made her shut her eyes, praying everything will be just fine.

 

Jessica never experienced going alone to her ex-boyfriend's house before. There was no need for it. She just met them outside anywhere every time to have fun that's why those were nothing really special.

 

She mustered up all the courage she has and that's what it all took for her to be here. Especially all the ideas are from hers alone. Yul doesn't even know she was coming.

 

The door gradually opens and a middle-aged woman comes into her view through the parallel metals in her front. Her lips immediately formed smile and greeted the woman who seems to be Yul's mother.

 

"Good morning, Mrs. Kwon-shi." She bowed her head politely.

 

Mrs. Kwon was kind of surprised to see a beautiful young girl in front of their house this early. It's only about 7:30AM. "Who is she?" She asked inwardly when she saw an unfamiliar face but she smiled back at Jessica nonetheless.

 

"Hi, good morning." She greeted warmly. "How may I help you?" Mrs. Kwon opens the gate to have a full sight of their guest.

 

"Uhm.. I'm Jessica Jung." She held out her hand for a handshake and Mrs. Kwon reciprocated it. "I'm looking for Yul. Is he here?" Jessica beamed courteously.

 

The older woman nodded her head. "Yes. Come in." She invited Jessica. "Are you his friend? He's taking a bath right now." Her voice came out lively and very welcoming.

 

Jessica was able to relax when his mother wasn't the scary tigress she have always thought about like what she have seen in movies.

 

"Ahh.." She paused to think of a proper answer. "Yeah.." She shyly responded.

 

"I see.. I didn't know Yul has a very beautiful friend." Mrs. Kwon sincerely complimented and gave her a sweet smile. "Come in." She gestured her again to get inside.

 

Mrs. Kwon started walking to the door and Jessica quietly follows her.

 

"Did you have your breakfast yet?" Mrs. Kwon asked in a motherly tone.

 

"Yes.. but thank you for the offer, Mrs. Kwon-shi." Jessica said and stopped in the middle of their living room. It was wide and looks very neat. The surroundings were well polished with modern decors too.

 

"Oh.. just call me aunty. No need for formality, okay?" She chuckled lightly. "Have a seat while I get you something to drink.. Do you need anything else?"

 

"No, aunty. I'm good." Jessica smiled warmly at her, thrilled at how hospitable Yul's mother is.

 

She then sat down in comfort.

 

"Alright." Mrs. Kwon answered and started going to make her refreshment.

 

---

 

Yul is busy fixing his extra clothes and shoes in his duffle bag, clueless of the guest who came unexpectedly.

 

He just finished taking a bath and dressed up in his plain white v-neck t-shirt and black shorts. He checked his things one last time before taking his flight downstairs.

 

He strutted on; his face displays a good mood today. He definitely woke up on the right side of the bed. Although last night was a bit heavy for him; he couldn't take another man ogling at his girlfriend right in front of his eyes and she just willingly rides for it.

 

But he couldn't resist her despite his anger. He gave up to her persistence once again. But that was a decision he didn't regret, at least they are in good terms now. And he's not going to allow them fight immaturely anymore.

 

His feet landed on the final step and his head tilted to the direction where he sighted a body figure sitting on their sofa gracefully.

 

His eyes blinked. They grew wider when he recognized a familiar sight.

 

His mind crumples with curiosity.

 

"Babe?" He surprisingly called her in questioning tone.

 

Jessica turned her head at the voice that she missed. Her lips automatically spread wide and her beautiful white teeth welcomed his eyes. "Hey." She greeted him happily.

 

They didn't notice his mother has come back there as she holds the tray of Jessica's drink and heard what went out from Yul's mouth but acted like she didn't.

 

"Son, you're done now?" She casually asked him. "You have a visitor."

 

"Yeah, mom. Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

 

"Well, she just arrived. Right, Jessica?" She tilted her body to Jessica's direction and dearly asked her as she handed her a glass of juice.

 

Jessica reached for it and nodded her head. "Yes, aunty."

 

Yul sighed in relief. Afraid at the thought of having his importunate but kind mother interrogates Jessica helplessly.

 

Mrs. Kwon then fully turned to her son. "Have your breakfast first before you leave."

 

“Okay, mom.. And I’ll take it from here.” He gently prompted and turned his gaze to his girl. “Are you hungry? Come on, eat with me.” He held out his hand, asking for hers to hold.

 

Jessica looked skeptical to accept it. His mother is only few steps away from the two of them and he is bravely acting affectionate in front of her.

 

She breaks away from her thoughts when his mother spoke. “Ahuh.” She playfully shook her head to herself. “I’ll give you two some space.” She smiled brightly and strolled towards the master’s bedroom.

 

Her cheeks shyly reddened; embarrassed by the fact that Mrs. Kwon had to see such a glimpse of his warm actions towards her.

 

His arms kept hanging still, waiting for her to grab it. He chuckled at her cuteness, her head slightly bents down to hide her blushing face.

 

He lays down his arm and moves closer to her to give her a hug. “You’re so sneaky. Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?” He teased.

 

She was kind of timid to hug him back. Being in his place where his mother is, it’s making her a bit reserved. She doesn’t want to be mistaken as someone too liberated and act too comfortably when this is the first she has stepped in their house. “Your mother’s here.” She whispered.

 

“It’s okay, she’s cool about it.” He assured her and led her to the table.

 

Her eyebrow lifted. “Why? Are you normally like this?" She interjected. "How many girls have you brought home?” She bombarded him with questions and narrowed her eyes jokingly at him.

 

Yul snickered at her answer, or questions rather. “No, babe. Mom’s just not old-fashioned and way too friendly with young people.” He put his hands on her shoulders and conveyed her to sit in front of the table. Yul then sat beside her and their knees touch.

 

He serves her plate with foods that his mother cooked. “Try it. She’s really good at cooking.”

 

She slowly takes a bite and Yul watches her.

 

A tiny beacon of satisfaction erupts on her face. The tasteful flavors of the simple kimchi fried rice and egg rolls made her warm inside. She suddenly felt hungry again. "Hmm. It's seriously good." She praised. "You should learn from your mom."

 

Yul snorted. "Yah.. I know how to cook. I'll let you have it some other time."

 

"You will?" She casually flirted out.

 

The reaction she flashed gave him a tingles inside from the thrilling excitement.

 

Yul was quick. He couldn't contain himself and kissed her cheek. "I will." He smiled widely.

 

"Look who's being sneaky." She fired back and they laughed together.

 

Both of them sat there and had their feast cozily. They continued eating while cunningly snuggles with each other from time to time as they speak.

 

"Where are you heading to? I'm surprised you got here early in the morning." He dearly put his gaze on her.

 

Jessica looks at him knowingly and her lips spread wide. "With you." She slyly muttered.

 

Yul smiled wider than her when he heard what she said. "Really?" He asked in doubt. "And why are you so cheesy today? Waking up early and picking me up straight from my home to come with me? I'm so blessed." He jovially inserted and ended with a bit of banter.

 

Jessica unbelievably chortled. "Aren't you?!" Her voice came out daringly.

 

"I'm serious!" He laughed and answered in a light manner.

 

Yul then calms himself. "But you'll be bored there.. It'll take the whole day, I guess."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter