First

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 30: First

 

Third Person’s P.O.V.

 

“Should we go somewhere?” Yul asked her as he moved a little and hangs his arm on her shoulder.

 

Jessica looked back at him. “What do you have in mind?”

 

“How about COEX Aquarium? Ahh, I already miss sea sides.” Yul replied dreamily. He suddenly remembers his childhood summers where he won’t miss playing in the sea even if it takes him the whole day. He just doesn’t get tired of it.

 

“Really? You love waters? You must be a swimmer.” Jessica turned her head interestingly at him while she interlocked her fingers with his that were hanging on her shoulder.

 

“Yes. Well, now you know.” He gave her a toothy smile. “How about you? Do you like swimming?” He stares.

 

“Yeah, but maybe not as much as you do.” She smiled in return. “Come on, let’s get you there.” She started walking to the car door and turned to him. “Do you want to drive?”

 

“A-huh. And just so you know, starting from now on whenever you’re with me, I’ll be driving for you. Got that?” He gave her a timid smile and his eyes tell her that it is a command and not a request. She walks to the other side of the car as she listens and turned back to him.

 

“Can I say no?” Jessica playfully raised a brow.

 

Yul narrowed his eyes at her. “Hmm.” He said as if he’s thinking of it. “No.” He firmly started.“You’re my queen who can’t say no to this.” He added in a matter-of-fact tone and smiled sweetly at her while he opened the door and motioned his hand for her to get in.

 

“How can you tell that to a queen?!” Jessica sneered jokingly as she settled in.

 

“Because..” He paused. “.. I know you want it too.” Yul beamed teasingly at her and gave her a quick peck on her cheek before gently closing the door. Jessica could only smile widely as she sat in.

 

He opened his door and sat in the driver’s seat. Yul fixed himself and buckled up as well as Jessica and shifted his attention to her. “Let’s go!” He excitingly told her as he started the engine.

 

---

 

They have arrived in front of the COEX Aquarium and Yul’s mouth agapes in awe. Jessica looks at him with her eyes filled in amusement. She never thought this could make him so happy. She nudged him as she clutched her arms on his. “Let’s get inside?”

 

That made Yul break-free from his daydream. He immediately composed himself and shakes off the stupid-like reaction he made earlier like he was just a kid who will be coming here for the very first time though it isn’t the case for him. This will be his 3rd time, it’s just that the last visit he had was too long that he had forgotten what it’s like. That must’ve been a bit funny for Jessica to see but think not, Jessica thought it was cute.

 

He cleared his throat and looked at her in a masculine demeanor as if he wasn’t astounded by the view in front of them earlier. “Come on.” He smiled widely at her.

 

Jessica giggled at the sight. Well, how can she not?

 

---

 

The couple started to wander around the Aquarium hand-in-hand. The first sight that welcomed them as soon as they checked-in was a garden that is reminiscent of the old Palace Gardens in Korea, it was very refreshing to start with.

 

They look around bit-by-bit, studying everything about the Aquarium and took a couple of pictures together before moving in to the next station there.

 

The next thing they witnessed were many little aquariums placed around nicely with variety of fishes and even little animals in them.

 

A squirrel caught the attention of Jessica. “Omo, omo.” She shockingly expressed as the squirrel plays in his little playground so quickly. She watches it go by the wheel as it runs.

 

“Look at it, it’s so cute.” She happily told Yul as she lowered to its level and tapped the aquarium. “Hello.. hello.” Jessica cutely greeted the naïve squirrel.

 

“I know, right? I could watch it all day.” He nodded his head and agreed at her joyfully.

 

She grinned at it before she stood up to leave for another scenery. Her hands automatically searched for Yul’s hand and intertwined her fingers with him. Though it already felt natural for them, Yul felt his blood rushed in his face and smiled foolishly when Jessica wasn’t looking and keeps on walking forward.

 

There were many kids playing along with the sea creatures when they stopped in Marine Touch Lab area and Jessica wanted to try it but her sassiness and scaredy-cat self is making her think twice. She clings onto Yul’s arms as they watch fishes swim everywhere. Although she can’t play with those sea creatures, seeing those children have smiles plastered on their faces as they get in touch with those also makes her feel contented and bright too.

 

“So this is what money-can’t-buy-happiness feels like.” She thought then she looked at Yul and spoke with him through her eyes, ending with an earnest smile to each other.

 

They were going around when they noticed the feeding show crowded by many tourists that made it so hard to see the big picture of the show, so they decided to skip the place and went to the Deep Blue Square and Deep Blue Tunnel which are connected. This area is an underwater tunnel that allows the undersea creatures to swim over the tourists’ and visitors’ heads so they could take better pictures of them with these creatures from where they are standing.

 

Yul hangs his mouth once again in amazement. “Woah. This is really nice.” He expressed.

 

“You’re right. It’s been a while since I’ve been here. It’s really beautiful.” Jessica agreed as she looks at him and caught him smiling widely. “Look at you, you’re so happy.” She can’t help but say it. His purity is coming out at times like this.

 

Now, this is the time where she can tell that Yul could really t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter