Love

Crossed Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 29: Love

 

Third Person’s P.O.V.

 

Jessica stopped for a moment and returned back to her seat when she heard his voice, seems like he’s going to sulk all the way to their school. She released a deep breath and crossed her arms as she turned her eyes on the window, watching the places they pass by. “I already told you, he’s just a friend. Why are you acting up?” She muttered lightly, still not looking at him.

 

She hates it because she’s not used to consoling an upset boyfriend ever.

 

Yul scoffed at her answer. “A friend? There’s no way a friend would go all the way just to send you to school.” He retorted back, still focusing his eyes on the road.

 

It irked Jessica and glared at him. “Can you stop it? You’re getting irritating.” Instead of explaining to him, her attitude got the best of her and it only made the situation worse.

 

He felt disappointed. “What’s so hard on telling me about him? Maybe because you’re really hiding something.” His voice got a little bit louder. He’s not the type to get mad easily but the way she’s acting right now is really making him worked up. And the moment he heard that name came out from Krystal followed by her reaction, he already knew there's something going on.

 

Her eyebrow rose annoyingly. “A little bit of trust here, will you?! How many times should I tell you that, huh? What? What do you want me to do? You want me to make your suspicions real?!” Her voice gets louder as well. Jessica's impatience boosts up. The tension inside the car is too much and both of them already exploded.

 

Jessica can’t wait to arrive at their school and just get away from this fight. She's not comfortable talking about Jaejoong yet because she admits, she's still hurt at what happened although she had made herself believed that she's way over him and that they're only back to being friends now. And letting Yul know is not the wisest idea, especially that their relationship is not yet that strong. She's just being careful but her intentions was being covered by her attitude and she had no other choice but to go with it.

 

Yul smiled upsettingly. “You know what? You’re too impossible.” He gritted his teeth as the speed of the car suddenly increased. He’s hurt how she’s treating him. “Is this how it’s always going to be?” He sadly exhaled.

 

Jessica only kept silent and the atmosphere is too quiet until they arrived at the school. Yul turned off the engine and sat there quietly, removing the car keys and handed it to her.

 

“You know what?.. I don’t think you’re ready for this.” He started with dismay in his voice. He doesn’t want to say it but he had to. It might be the best for the both of them right now, some space to think about this relationship. It hadn’t even started really well for the two of them to go on.

 

She can’t believe what she heard and looked at him in disbelief. “What?!”

 

Yul lowered down his head, he doesn't have the audacity to look at her. “I think we’re taking this too fast and you’re not ready for me.” He gathered all his courage to finally look at her and slowly held her hands. “It hasn’t been so long and yet we’re already fighting this much.” He paused for a second and Jessica was flabbergasted at what’s happening. She just was too happy earlier, how did they end up like this?

 

“Sica, you’re not even opening up to me. It might be hard for you to tell me about things but you can just say it like that. I’m not going to be mad. You can't just fret and go ballistic at me.” He smiled bitterly at her and takes a look at her eyes. “Maybe we need some time off together to know if we really want to work this out.”

 

Jessica can't believe what she heard. A lone tear fell from her eyes and bit her lips, preventing herself to cry because she believes she’s not this type of girl who easily cries.

 

But why did she?

 

Because she was hurt by his words. She can’t believe he has already a big impact on her and breaking up is not really the best situation for her right now.

 

She's pretty much frustrated at him. “Sorry but I'm not sorry for my attitude." She smugly replied, disappointed that Yul would even point it out. What can she do? She's been like this all her life and if he can't accept her then so be it. "And you don’t know if you want to work this out?” She questioned. “Because I know I do.” Jessica furiously added. “Don’t give me the reason of me not opening up to you because obviously the only reason why you’re breaking up with me is you. You being scared of everything.” She gritted her teeth as she berated.

 

“Sica, you don’t understand–“ Yul retaliated but Jessica cut him off.

 

“Is this because of Jaejoong? You’re breaking up with me just because you’re jealous?!” She scorned. “Alright, go ahead because I don’t deserve a guy like that!” She hissed and got out of the car then slammed the door really hard. She hurriedly walked away from him, her tears starting to fall down uncontrollably and it’s making her furious even at herself for reacting like this.

 

“Jessica!” Yul shouted, trying to make her stop but she didn’t even look back. He lifelessly closed the door, feeling dejected. How did the fault turned at him? When in the first place, the problem started with her.

 

She seriously can’t understand him.

 

He knows that something is really going on with that guy. Sometimes, a man’s instinct is really undeniable and this time, it’s telling him that Jessica is not being true to him. He started walking to his room looking depressed and uninterested to his surroundings.

 

Jessica is also upset that her grumpy mood took over. She didn't even try to apologize and let him know that she's not ready yet. Maybe she's at fault too but words had been said and it's over.

 

---

 

KD Engineering Co.

 

KD Engineering Co. is having a Board of Directors’ meeting today and Mr. Kim Daehyeon, the Board Chair of the company is going to introduce his son to be the next Project Manager for their upcoming expansion project to train him to fully work on this industry. The chosen Project Manager that could make this project successfully will be the next Executive Vice President. This would be a tough compe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter